The Student Room Group

AQA AS German Unit 1 14/05/2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Carmen999
I did mine today but it was Edexcel.. anyone did that too????

Mine was Edexcel! There is no thread for the Edexcel AS exam though ..
Reply 141
Original post by hines

Mine was Edexcel! There is no thread for the Edexcel AS exam though ..

Same here!!! Shall we just discuss Edexcel on here as well?
I did Edexcel as well!!! Tried to make a thread for it but I think they keep getting rejected for some reason :frown: someone else tried to make one as well.

How did you guys find it?! I thought the listening was awful
Original post by chloevictoria
I did Edexcel as well!!! Tried to make a thread for it but I think they keep getting rejected for some reason :frown: someone else tried to make one as well.

I thought the listening was terrible too! I was so happy with the writing though, because that's what I did my speaking exam on :smile:
Reply 144

The reading was pretty good and so was writing, yeah listening was worse did you put Wahrheit or Menschen? and did you put Lesefähigkeiten or keine Bücher mehr zu lesen?
Original post by hannahvi0let
I thought the listening was terrible too! I was so happy with the writing though, because that's what I did my speaking exam on :smile:

Awesome :smile: I thought the writing was good as well but literally the listening I had to replay over and over again because there was vocab in there that I had never seen before :frown: someone in my class is German and found it difficult..
I put 'Geld verdienen' and I think Lesefahigkeiten for that one, cos she was saying how women can develop their own businesses so that implies they can earn their own money..

And I put Menschen! Originally put wahrheit but then crossed it out. Didn't finish on the one where you have to respond in German though, ran out of time :frown:

How about you?
Reply 147
I put Geld verdienen as well, but then put keine Bücher mehr zu lesen, and I put Wahrheit LOL I have no idea what the answer was... I did the writing before the reading I don't know why but I finished in time, unlucky though I'm sure you did well anyways! How was your speaking?
Original post by maxtate
I put Geld verdienen as well, but then put keine Bücher mehr zu lesen, and I put Wahrheit LOL I have no idea what the answer was... I did the writing before the reading I don't know why but I finished in time, unlucky though I'm sure you did well anyways! How was your speaking?

It was like: Viele Zuschauern haben eine grosse Muhe, die .............. erkennen

erkennen means to tell/recognise/realise
Wahrheit means truth..
Muhe means struggle/have difficulty

soo it's either: 1. A lot of spectators have difficulty telling/realising the truth
2. A lot of spectators have difficulty recognising people

both could potentially make sense :frown:

Also did you put Lebenspartner for the first one?

another question: what did you put for the questions about Einzelkinder?

My speaking was ok, even though I was so nervous and asked to start again but she wouldn't :frown: didn't help that I had French to revise for as well and had two orals within 2 days :frown: How about you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 149
It was like: Viele Zuschauern haben eine grosse Muhe, die .............. erkennen

erkennen means to tell/recognise/realise
Wahrheit means truth..
Muhe means struggle/have difficulty

soo it's either: 1. A lot of spectators have difficulty telling/realising the truth
2. A lot of spectators have difficulty recognising people

both could potentially make sense :frown:

Also did you put Lebenspartner for the first one?

another question: what did you put for the questions about Einzelkinder?

My speaking was ok, even though I was so nervous and asked to start again but she wouldn't :frown: didn't help that I had French to revise for as well and had two orals within 2 days :frown: How about you?

Yeah put Lebenspartner, umm for Einzelkinder I put mehr Einzelkinder als früher, immer noch sozial (or something) forgot what the other questions were lol :/ Yeahh I had French 2 days after German aswell :frown: German started crap then got better and French started off good got really crap hahaa oh well I think my writing should bring up the mark though... Did you lift a lot from the text for German reading cause I basically lifted everything LOL
Original post by maxtate
Yeah put Lebenspartner, umm for Einzelkinder I put mehr Einzelkinder als früher, immer noch sozial (or something) forgot what the other questions were lol :/ Yeahh I had French 2 days after German aswell :frown: German started crap then got better and French started off good got really crap hahaa oh well I think my writing should bring up the mark though... Did you lift a lot from the text for German reading cause I basically lifted everything LOL

COOL i put the same as you i think. but i think i put 'ofters einsam' for the third and 'auch in der schule' for the fourth.

i lifted sooo much hahha i think i changed ergreifen to machen though lmfao but not much else...
Reply 151
ohh yeahh auch in der Schule as well, LOL I should've put more stuff in my own words but I was tired so ya knoww :P This was my writing from what I remember:

Liebe Damen und Herren,

Wegen Drogen ist die Welt in eine tiefe Depression verfallen; Dringende Maßnahmen müssen ergriffen werden, um ein rauchfreies Leben zu fördern. Sei es beim Autofahren oder in Kneipen, haben 122000 Raucher im Lauf des vergangenen Jahres ins Gras gebissen, was hauptsächlich auf Drogenkonsum zurückzuführen ist.

Mir wurde paarmal erzählt, dass man Entzugssymptome wie Kopfschmerzenbekommt, wenn man versucht, Rauchen aufzugeben, was auch der Grund dafür ist, dass man schließlich danach süchtig wird, und sie können aus dieser Klemme leider nicht flüchten. Darüber hinaus enthalten Zigaretten etwa 4000 Substanzen, einschließlich Nikotin, was einen im Nu süchtig machen kann.

Um dieses Problem im Keim zu ersticken, sollte es im Haus, meines Erachtens, eine gute Stimmung geben, damit die Jugendlichen sich behaglicher fühlen können. Wenn den Teenagers Bilder von Krankheiten, die aus Drogen gestammt haben, gezeigt würden, vielleicht dann könnten wir sie davon abhalten, Drogen zu nehmen.

Ich bedauere, dass ich einmal in der Vergangenheit geraucht habe, aber vielleicht gilt das nicht, da ich gezwungen wurde...Ich habe mir versprochen, dass ich das nie wiedermachen werde, denn meine Eltern machten mich zur Schnecke, als sie zum ersten Mal herausfanden. Zeitweise probieren meine dicken Freunde, mich zu überzeugen, an dieser Aktivität wieder teilzunehmen, insbesondere wenn wir in der Stadt herumlungern, aber ich sage immer nein...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ihr Max Tate, 17
Original post by maxtate
ohh yeahh auch in der Schule as well, LOL I should've put more stuff in my own words but I was tired so ya knoww :P This was my writing from what I remember:

Liebe Damen und Herren,

Wegen Drogen ist die Welt in eine tiefe Depression verfallen; Dringende Maßnahmen müssen ergriffen werden, um ein rauchfreies Leben zu fördern. Sei es beim Autofahren oder in Kneipen, haben 122000 Raucher im Lauf des vergangenen Jahres ins Gras gebissen, was hauptsächlich auf Drogenkonsum zurückzuführen ist.

Mir wurde paarmal erzählt, dass man Entzugssymptome wie Kopfschmerzenbekommt, wenn man versucht, Rauchen aufzugeben, was auch der Grund dafür ist, dass man schließlich danach süchtig wird, und sie können aus dieser Klemme leider nicht flüchten. Darüber hinaus enthalten Zigaretten etwa 4000 Substanzen, einschließlich Nikotin, was einen im Nu süchtig machen kann.

Um dieses Problem im Keim zu ersticken, sollte es im Haus, meines Erachtens, eine gute Stimmung geben, damit die Jugendlichen sich behaglicher fühlen können. Wenn den Teenagers Bilder von Krankheiten, die aus Drogen gestammt haben, gezeigt würden, vielleicht dann könnten wir sie davon abhalten, Drogen zu nehmen.

Ich bedauere, dass ich einmal in der Vergangenheit geraucht habe, aber vielleicht gilt das nicht, da ich gezwungen wurde...Ich habe mir versprochen, dass ich das nie wiedermachen werde, denn meine Eltern machten mich zur Schnecke, als sie zum ersten Mal herausfanden. Zeitweise probieren meine dicken Freunde, mich zu überzeugen, an dieser Aktivität wieder teilzunehmen, insbesondere wenn wir in der Stadt herumlungern, aber ich sage immer nein...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ihr Max Tate, 17

oh mein gott :eek:

that is amazing!!!!! mine is nowhere near as good as that :frown:

1) I said about how it can lead to health problems and addiction so that's why you would want to live a smoke-free life
2) i said about gruppenzwang and how it contributes to regular smoking to fit in with friends
3) i said its the responsibility of the school to show school kids what will happen if they start smoking
4) i went on a rant about how my friends forced me to try smoking once but it hurt because i got a sore throat and then i said something about us not being friends anymore and how much of a hellish day it was... LMFAO

PS was it about drugs as well cos i only wrote about smoking..
Reply 153
oh mein gott :eek:

that is amazing!!!!! mine is nowhere near as good as that :frown:

1) I said about how it can lead to health problems and addiction so that's why you would want to live a smoke-free life
2) i said about gruppenzwang and how it contributes to regular smoking to fit in with friends
3) i said its the responsibility of the school to show school kids what will happen if they start smoking
4) i went on a rant about how my friends forced me to try smoking once but it hurt because i got a sore throat and then i said something about us not being friends anymore and how much of a hellish day it was... LMFAO

PS was it about drugs as well cos i only wrote about smoking..

Haha yours sounds good!! Thankss but yh my content mark will be lower cuz I wrote bout drugs more than purely smoking I wasn't supposed to :/ but smoking is a type of drug 8-) Dunnoo hope my language mark counters my content mark :s-smilie:
I really shouldv'e mentioned Gruppenzwang but it didn't even occur to me :frown: Oh well it's done now :P
obvo i didn't just say it simply i tried to get some variation and stuff in there like 'ich bin der Ansicht, dass' i also started the second paragraph with:
20% aller Jugendlichen in England sind Raucher, deshalb muss es ein Grund dafur geben. Es ist klar, dass es immer Gruppenzwang gibt, neue Sachen zu versuchen, und wenn man das nicht macht, kann man von der Freundschaftsgruppe ausgegrenzt werden.

your language is so good, i'm so jealous :frown: are you german?!
Reply 155
obvo i didn't just say it simply i tried to get some variation and stuff in there like 'ich bin der Ansicht, dass' i also started the second paragraph with:
20% aller Jugendlichen in England sind Raucher, deshalb muss es ein Grund dafur geben. Es ist klar, dass es immer Gruppenzwang gibt, neue Sachen zu versuchen, und wenn man das nicht macht, kann man von der Freundschaftsgruppe ausgegrenzt werden.

your language is so good, i'm so jealous :frown: are you german?!

AHH yeah yours sounds good! LOOL thanks I wish but naa I'm English, started German in year 8 it's just that our teacher's like really good and she makes us use complicated stuff like all the time so they stick in my head hahaa xD
Reply 156
Guten Tag, I did the exam yesterday as well. For the first question I put "nur in der schule" because it said the children found it difficult to make connections at home. By the way both your essays were unglaublich!! Can you remember what you put on the last reading exercise, I think the question was Why was a boys day introduced? Was it because boys could then experience usually stereotypical women jobs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel peeps, I made a thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2351942

on that question i repeated the word it gave for 'equality' so they wouldn't feel left out..
Reply 158
me too. I put 'nur in der schule'. i hope that is right!! What did guys put for the exercise about the Zuruck (the cafe or whatever) ?? For the first point, I put the last column. second, the first column. Third, second column. Fourth, third column. Fifth, last column.
Do you guys remember what u put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carmen999
me too. I put 'nur in der schule'. i hope that is right!! What did guys put for the exercise about the Zuruck (the cafe or whatever) ?? For the first point, I put the last column. second, the first column. Third, second column. Fourth, third column. Fifth, last column.
Do you guys remember what u put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending