The Student Room Group

cashing in for maths and further maths applied modules?

This year, I am finishing my Maths A2 ans Further Maths AS.
So I did C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1 S2 and D1.
Do we get to choose which modules goes into maths and further maths etc? Or does the Edexcel board just randomly put it?
Reply 1
Original post by wndms
Do we get to choose which modules goes into maths and further maths etc? Or does the Edexcel board just randomly put it?

2 applied units will be combined with C1-C4 to maximise your maths grade using the smallest UMS. It will be done automatically within the combination rules of the syllabus. (so that neither M1+S2 or D1+S2 will be allowed in Maths). What is left will be combined with FP1 for the FM AS. When you get your results you can request a specific combination through your exams officer (for example if by ensuring a B in maths you fail FM AS)
Reply 2
Original post by wndms

You do know that you have not done an AS in FM don't you?
Reply 3
Original post by TenOfThem
You do know that you have not done an AS in FM don't you?

Oh im sitting FP1 this summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
2 applied units will be combined with C1-C4 to maximise your maths grade using the smallest UMS. It will be done automatically within the combination rules of the syllabus. (so that neither M1+S2 or D1+S2 will be allowed in Maths). What is left will be combined with FP1 for the FM AS. When you get your results you can request a specific combination through your exams officer (for example if by ensuring a B in maths you fail FM AS)

I forgot to note that I'm sitting FP1 in few weeks. So they won't put the two highest applied modules in Maths? Because my two lowest modules out of four are S1 and M1. And I found out that if I get 90% in C4 I can get an A*. So if that's the case then would my modules stay like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
As far as I know, they will arrange the modules so that you get the highest possible grade in Maths with the lowest possible UMS for that grade, and the rest will go to Further Maths. (I hope this makes sense!)
Reply 6
Original post by wndms
I forgot to note that I'm sitting FP1 in few weeks. So they won't put the two highest applied modules in Maths? Because my two lowest modules out of four are S1 and M1. And I found out that if I get 90% in C4 I can get an A*. So if that's the case then would my modules stay like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can only repeat what I already said they will put the 2 applied units that generate your best possile result in Maths but by using the smallest possible UMS. If they can use S1 and M1 to produce an A or A* in maths they will, if they have to pull in a better scoring applied unit because you don't do so well in C4, they will do that. They guarantee to give you the best possible combination of results.

Quick Reply

Latest