The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

I know EXACTLY what will happen in the next episode and all I will say is that fans of the classic series will not be disappointed! Also, the last 5 minutes... :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rascacielos
I don't think they'd be scary enough in another situation. Their scare-factor (which wasn't huge already) was the fact they were dressed up...

That's the point. They lack any emotion, their cold and logical, they can travel through time so are powerful and can disguise as anything.

Also does anybody wonder if showing the 50th on the big screen when it airs is testing the water for an actual movie?
Original post by Rakas21
That's the point. They lack any emotion, their cold and logical, they can travel through time so are powerful and can disguise as anything.

Also does anybody wonder if showing the 50th on the big screen when it airs is testing the water for an actual movie?

I doubt it. If they were going to do a movie then it would have been the 50th anniversary itself. What better occasion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
At this point as some others online are saying I think the "leak" is fake, not a single spoiler online nor any downloads that have slipped through the net.
Original post by drbluebox
At this point as some others online are saying I think the "leak" is fake, not a single spoiler online nor any downloads that have slipped through the net.

There are (or at least were because I can't find anything now either) a couple of spoilers online. But they could easily have been faked, I suppose. I agree it's strange that no one has leaked the whole plot. Although I suppose that could be explained if only a handful of people received the hard copy in the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do the spoilers above contain leakage? Sorely tempted to read them but I have been successful in my quest to not spoil the plot so far and I don't want that to change.

The rule doesn't apply to the usual stuff we would spoiler about an episode though, right? i.e. official posters.

No, not the posters, but the words in his post are spoilers that haven't been released, it's leaks.

Original post by The Batman
Actually that image was released BY THE BBC on their official website...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but the spoilers in his post weren't.
Original post by Feefifofum

Yes but the spoilers in his post weren't.

I just read it. :colondollar: I'm not sure they were leaks:

(comment on the potential spoiler above)

Spoiler

There are (or at least were because I can't find anything now either) a couple of spoilers online. But they could easily have been faked, I suppose. I agree it's strange that no one has leaked the whole plot. Although I suppose that could be explained if only a handful of people received the hard copy in the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do find it strange because the leakage for The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon was much worse with full spoilers released everywhere but noone made too much of a fuss about it.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Response to speculation on the finale

Spoiler

Exactly. That's what the events are leading me to believe, including a certain piece of unspoiled info in this topic -.-

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
I think this "leak" is just the BBC trying to drum up interest in the finale... and didn't actually happen.
Original post by HotfireLegend
Exactly. That's what the events are leading me to believe, including a certain piece of unspoiled info in this topic -.-

:eek: Clever! Really, really clever. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Spoiler

:eek: Clever! Really, really clever. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HotfireLegend

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1073
If people are speculating based on spoilers people have said about the final episode, can you please say so in your post :puppyeyes:

I think I might just have to completely avoid this thread until after I've seen the episode on Saturday :sad:
Just watched the "She said, He said" prequel and something struck me as odd. Clara says she fell in love, presumably with The Doctor, but other than Victorian Clara and Dalek Clara, and then the bit with "Mr. Clever" (urg, horrible name) has there been any real indicators?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Aula
If people are speculating based on spoilers people have said about the final episode, can you please say so in your post :puppyeyes:

I think I might just have to completely avoid this thread until after I've seen the episode on Saturday :sad:

Don't click the spoilers XD
Original post by Aula

Sorry, sorry - didn't think.

That said, I don't think the stuff in the spoiler is a leak/spoiler. It's some speculation that's been going around the internet but nothing confirmed as far as I'm aware.
Reply 1077
Sorry, sorry - didn't think.

That said, I don't think the stuff in the spoiler is a leak/spoiler. It's some speculation that's been going around the internet but nothing confirmed as far as I'm aware.

Pluuus any spoilers from now will (obviously) be theories about the final episode or the 50th anniversary. Common sense dictates if you don't want to know any spoilers, don't click them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1078
Original post by whitesky
Pluuus any spoilers from now will (obviously) be theories about the final episode or the 50th anniversary. Common sense dictates if you don't want to know any spoilers, don't click them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

spoilers based purely on speculation, I have no issue with. When it's based on something that's been leaked I don't want to know.
Original post by Aula
spoilers based purely on speculation, I have no issue with. When it's based on something that's been leaked I don't want to know.

Me neither, but I don't think there are any leaks on this thread (despite the "scare" above!). There don't appear to be any on the internet as a whole either.

Quick Reply

Latest