The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
I've found that this time of night is actually a good time for me to study - it's pretty quiet and I seem to get a lot more done. Productive use of **** sleeping pattern, get.
Original post by Delain
I've found that this time of night is actually a good time for me to study - it's pretty quiet and I seem to get a lot more done. Productive use of **** sleeping pattern, get.

I gotta say i always thought i was more productive in the late hours too :tongue: If it works for you, why not do it?
Reply 422
Original post by Meaty_man
I gotta say i always thought i was more productive in the late hours too :tongue: If it works for you, why not do it?

Yup! It's like an epiphany or something.

I have an interview for volunteer work at 3pm though. Gah. Hope I manage to stay awake. Lots of tea will be needed.
Reply 423
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yeah I saw a bit of that before my mum quickly changed the channel. Not good at all. Really hope you're OK hun :hugs:

I'm ok now thanks! I hope you are too :hugs:
Got somewhere with my dissertation at last and all it took was a whole coffee machine's worth of coffee, 3 days of crying in frustration, a graphics engine change and a whole load of depersonalisation and wrist pain to get there.

I feel like hypomanic death.
Feeling really paranoid about everything :/
just want to sleep and not wake up sometimes :frown:
Reply 426
Original post by Anonymous
:jumphug: You're definitely not an idiot - I think it's sensible to try and prepare yourself for what's coming, even if it all seems terrifying (which I don't blame you for thinking!) Have you come up with a birth plan? Hopefully that'll make you feel a bit more settled?

That's what I was going to start doing - I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and I'm sick of answering all the midwife's questions with "I don't know," so I thought it would be a good idea to get an idea of my options. Instead it made me panic because everything, the pain especially, is just too much. I was looking at pain relief options and it was listing all these side effects of each one like making it harder to get the baby out... It is all too real and too much.
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Feeling really paranoid about everything :/
just want to sleep and not wake up sometimes :frown:

:hugs:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had the worst night sleep... Kept thinking about stuff and worried if I've upset people on here :frown:... Had a breakdown over breakfast cause the nurse buttered the toast and I'd rather have done it myself.. Stupid I know :facepalm: but that sums up exactly how I am - stupid.... I say stupid things :frown: and I do stupid things... I fail at everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
You haven't upset me and you are not a failure at all. :hugs:
great, in the day my body just wanted to sleep, at night it's restless and awake though, sigh.

oh well at least I am up in plenty of time for my appointment with the CMHT person, hopefully can start figuring out what the heck to do about Uni :s-smilie:

other than that today I just want to crash in bed, only thing I have motivation for is using my PC right now.

hope people are doing okay? :hugs: - for all that need em!
Reply 431
I'm getting sleepy. :frown: Can't sleep, got my interview.
Original post by Delain
I'm getting sleepy. :frown: Can't sleep, got my interview.

:hugs: maybe get a coffee or something to wake you up? good luck with your interview! :smile:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Sorry things still aren't so great for you. Any luck finding a job?

Ah funny, as I was writing this reply, I got a phone call to start a sales and marketing job next week. It's one of those crappy jobs where you knock on lots of people's doors and try to sell them things - great for people like me who are so awesome at handling rejections (not!) :rolleyes:. I might have to give it a go at least, as its better than nothing for now. But i do have a few more interviews for other jobs this week so just gonna see how I go with those too.

After that lil crying fit on Sunday, I've now been going through this weird thing where I feel constantly hungry but whenever I try to eat I feel sick :frown:. I googled it and apparently it might be stress related, which isn't surprising as I've definitely been stressed this past week! What with being fired and struggling to find work and being skint, and on top of that my new relationship about to turn long distant in a couple of weeks is upsetting me a little too. But oh well, I guess this is what being an adult is all about and just gotta somehow suck it up.
Reply 434
Original post by SciFiRory
:hugs: maybe get a coffee or something to wake you up? good luck with your interview! :smile:

Cheers, I'll have to have some tea. Coffee doesn't agree with me.
Reply 435
I really hate how I'm so afraid of change, especially if I've got something important coming up or I'm going through my exams or something. I just want everything to go routinely and not even in the normal sense of 'routinely', I really overdo it with wanting everything to stay exactly the way it is, be that the way my papers are arranged on my desk, the pattern I follow throughout the day, or even my post count on tsr :s-smilie: I have this constant stupid feeling that any slight change anywhere would just mess everything up :frown: it's just tiring...it honestly is...
Reply 436
Original post by SciFiRory
great, in the day my body just wanted to sleep, at night it's restless and awake though, sigh.

oh well at least I am up in plenty of time for my appointment with the CMHT person, hopefully can start figuring out what the heck to do about Uni :s-smilie:

other than that today I just want to crash in bed, only thing I have motivation for is using my PC right now.

hope people are doing okay? :hugs: - for all that need em!

This is interesting. My lectures tell me that circadian rhythms are affected by both endogeneous and exogeneous factors meaning that while some influences are beyond your control, you can change some of the influences from your environment. The thing they've found that resets circadian rhythms the best is light, with things like exercise, meals and temperature having a lesser but still significant effect. That's why they say you shouldn't use artificial light sources when you're trying to sleep.

I've always found that sleep is easiest to regulate when your lifestyle is healthiest. Diet is especially important for me. When I eat lots of processed, unhealthy junk it tends to make me feel sluggish and slow, and I don't feel like doing much other than lounge around watching daytime tv shows. I'm sure you know that paradoxically if you sleep too much you end up feeling more tired and run down in my experience if you aren't particularly active this can lead to the same effect. It can be a bit of a vicious cycle: feel too tired to do anything, but the not doing anything makes me feel more tired and less inclined to do anything.

When I've had a healthy diet and exercised regularly I've felt like a different person. Instead of it being a struggle to get out of bed, I would wake up naturally, well rested, and that makes it easy to get up. I know it’s a bit of a cliché that eating well makes you feel better, but I think it does make massive differences to your energy levels at least and with increased energy levels, comes increased activity levels. Of course, this was mostly from when I was well and I'm not trying to minimise the effect depression has on everything.

Its really easy to sit on the end of a keyboard and say you should eat healthy foods, do some exercise etc and that will solve all your sleeping problems. I know that in reality mental illness makes it very difficult to make healthy decisions and it isn't actually as simple as just deciding to change your lifestyle. And of course lifestyle changes only go so far when you're unwell anyway. But it might be worth trying to make a few adjustments here and there. I'm sorry if this comes across as really patronising or rude or something, that wasn't my intention at all. And sorry if it doesn't make any sense; I feel beyond **** and am just trying for distraction. Also I've gone completely off the point aha. Hope things get better for you soon and hope the appointment goes well.
I don't know what to say. Had some bad news this morning and now feel more trapped than ever. I won't ever be able to get out :frown: All I can think about is hurting myself
Reply 438
Feel weird. Mega struggly and vaguely strong at the same time. Like I can't figure out how to get out of bed but also feel like I can do stuff with today. Is weird. Maybe if I stay in bed long enough the second feeling will disappear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I ended up at the out of hours, the guy was really helpful but they didn't carry any meds on them because druggies might steal them or something, and so he put an emergency letter across saying to start me on an antidepressant. I managed to get in with the GP, who after saying two psychiatrists are arguing over my diagnosis (bipolar vs moody teenager. Despite the suicide attempts and reckless mania, I guess this is normal? URGH STOP FANNYING ABOUT) gave me some citalopram and diazepam. Not as bad as last night thank God, still feel shaky...

Latest