The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Rarar
Okay, well I hope I did okay! Time to revise Henry VIII for Wednesday, ugh.

You got the sources exam? I have as well (resit) I'm dreading it, it's women's suffrage and I haven't revised content for months lool
Well times up. What question did you guys do? I did why stalin rose to power and whether war was the main reason for their downfall. For Stalin my factors were, his powerbase within the party (the positions which enables him to grab power), his personality (knew when to retreat and devious e.g. stopping bukharin plane for meetings), tactical manovering (stalin during the alliances), weakness of his opponents (trotsky missing funeral and other examples). For PG question: war (how it went against the soviets and the losses (e.g. june offensive), political (how PG couldn't order the army about with the permission of the soviets, social (jacquires ad food issues), Lenin (e.g. all power to the soviets, peace land bread), and the Kornilov affair (how it undermined the provisional government and lead to the bolshekis becoming more popular and powerful)

What do people think? Seem good enough for a high grade?
Reply 202
Original post by yerrkl
I did the ones on Mussolini's foreign policy, and the Nazi electoral success. I would have preferred a Weimar question, but I thought the paper went alright, you?

I did the Mussolini question and I did the Nazi education policy, the opposite to you...i thought the questions were particularly difficult, what did other poeple in your school think?
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Well times up. What question did you guys do? I did why stalin rose to power and whether war was the main reason for their downfall. For Stalin my factors were, his powerbase within the party (the positions which enables him to grab power), his personality (knew when to retreat and devious e.g. stopping bukharin plane for meetings), tactical manovering (stalin during the alliances), weakness of his opponents (trotsky missing funeral and other examples). For PG question: war (how it went against the soviets and the losses (e.g. june offensive), political (how PG couldn't order the army about with the permission of the soviets, social (jacquires ad food issues), Lenin (e.g. all power to the soviets, peace land bread), and the Kornilov affair (how it undermined the provisional government and lead to the bolshekis becoming more popular and powerful)

I did the PG question and the industrial policies one. But yeah for the PG question i put basically everything you put there, with a large focus on Lenin's return, but i also included the July Days briefly. I guess it just depends on how evaluative you were really doesn't it
Original post by catherine95
I did the PG question and the industrial policies one. But yeah for the PG question i put basically everything you put there, with a large focus on Lenin's return, but i also included the July Days briefly. I guess it just depends on how evaluative you were really doesn't it

My whole argument for the PG question was pretty much just talking about how much resentment the the PG were building up from war and social factors. I mentioned how these two factors combined lead to the downfall, and said that the other factors were significant but just built on more resentment. How did you use the July days? I don't think anything bad really happened there if anything they just re-asserted there authority. Am I wrong? Also you doing Henry next week?
Reply 205
Original post by Lizy
I did the Mussolini question and I did the Nazi education policy, the opposite to you...i thought the questions were particularly difficult, what did other poeple in your school think?

No one thought it was a great paper, esp the Nazi section, hopefully grade boundaries are lower
Reply 206
Well times up. What question did you guys do? I did why stalin rose to power and whether war was the main reason for their downfall. For Stalin my factors were, his powerbase within the party (the positions which enables him to grab power), his personality (knew when to retreat and devious e.g. stopping bukharin plane for meetings), tactical manovering (stalin during the alliances), weakness of his opponents (trotsky missing funeral and other examples).

I did the same question and put a similar answer. I mentioned powerbase, such as General Secretary which allowed him to put people in the Party who were loyal to him. Then I did his tactics, such as making Trotsky miss Lenin's funeral, making Bukharin miss important meetings, hiding Lenin's Testament and making & breaking alliances. The last paragraph I did was personality, and I kind of linked this in with his tactics to say that without his cunning personality, he wouldn't be able to use these tactics.

You sound like you've got a lot of information in there with specific examples, so you should get at least a Level 4! What did you say was the most important reason?
My whole argument for the PG question was pretty much just talking about how much resentment the the PG were building up from war and social factors. I mentioned how these two factors combined lead to the downfall, and said that the other factors were significant but just built on more resentment. How did you use the July days? I don't think anything bad really happened there if anything they just re-asserted there authority. Am I wrong? Also you doing Henry next week?

I just used the July Days in an evaluative way - saying that had the Kornilov Affair not happened then they may not have overthrown because they were actually starting to regain support back after the July Days - does that make sense? And no I'm doing Changing Position of Women (The Suffrage Question). Dreading it!!

I had
- pg never sorted war problem even though this was same grievance under the tsar
- never addressed land question - emphasised that they were just old duma and pushed support away
- pg lacked military support which as seen by 1905 vs 1917 is v important also pushes support away - mention order no1
-soviet more popular - particular focus on Lenin as he was pragmatic and included peasants in proletariat, denied prov gov the support of the peasantry, good leader, key slogans, took support
- overall this inability to maintain support from the biggest number of population led to downfall, although this included war it was also due to land question. Increase of support of soviet led to success of July days and overall success of fall of prov gov.

:smile:
I have got no idea why I didn't mention kornilov affair :frown: oh dear oh dear.
Original post by Rarar
I did the same question and put a similar answer. I mentioned powerbase, such as General Secretary which allowed him to put people in the Party who were loyal to him. Then I did his tactics, such as making Trotsky miss Lenin's funeral, making Bukharin miss important meetings, hiding Lenin's Testament and making & breaking alliances. The last paragraph I did was personality, and I kind of linked this in with his tactics to say that without his cunning personality, he wouldn't be able to use these tactics.

You sound like you've got a lot of information in there with specific examples, so you should get at least a Level 4! What did you say was the most important reason?

I said it was a combination between his personality and powerbase, because without each one who wouldn't of become leader and be able to eliminate the others. I didn't include lenins testament, because that wasn't really him more zinoviev and kamaenev but you could have linked him to influencing them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 211
I said it was a combination between his personality and powerbase, because without each one who wouldn't of become leader and bee able to eliminate the others. I

That sounds like a good conclusion, I put that it was a combination of his tactics and personality. Hope that the Sources paper will be as kind as this was!
Original post by catherine95
I just used the July Days in an evaluative way - saying that had the Kornilov Affair not happened then they may not have overthrown because they were actually starting to regain support back after the July Days - does that make sense? And no I'm doing Changing Position of Women (The Suffrage Question). Dreading it!!

I understand what you are saying, but the july days basically caused the kornolov affair didn't it?
Exam was alright really :smile: Did unification of both italy and Germany, and was also happy with the themes that popped up. I just hope that I did myself justice! Now time to revise women's suffrage for next week :s
Reply 214
Original post by justanotherindigo
Exam was alright really :smile: Did unification of both italy and Germany, and was also happy with the themes that popped up. I just hope that I did myself justice! Now time to revise women's suffrage for next week :s

Agreed this exam went extremely well but bricking it for women's suffrage, its hard to revise it all because in addition to women's suffrage I have 3 other maths exams surrounding the date
Original post by Robbie242
Agreed this exam went extremely well but bricking it for women's suffrage, its hard to revise it all because in addition to women's suffrage I have 3 other maths exams surrounding the date

:smile: it is hard and extremely boring :/ At least Unit 1 was full of craziness, the only aspect I like about women's suffrage is the part when they became all radical :tongue: Good luck with maths :smile:
Reply 216
Original post by simplysparky
Did anyone do Mao's China?? I regret choosing the Cultural Revolution question :|

I did the industry question, I enjoyed this question because I used lots of figures and statistics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
Original post by justanotherindigo
:smile: it is hard and extremely boring :/ At least Unit 1 was full of craziness, the only aspect I like about women's suffrage is the part when they became all radical :tongue: Good luck with maths :smile:

Yeah Is it me or do you think there is far more essential technique in unit 2 and unit 1. And I agree, most of women's suffrage is very boring, just need to get myself to re-revise everything in 1 week haha, being kinda neglecting it.
Reply 218
Original post by yerrkl
No one thought it was a great paper, esp the Nazi section, hopefully grade boundaries are lower

Yeah same, everyone came out either thinking it was 'ok' or 'rubbish' so hopefully they'll be low...........
Original post by Robbie242
Yeah Is it me or do you think there is far more essential technique in unit 2 and unit 1. And I agree, most of women's suffrage is very boring, just need to get myself to re-revise everything in 1 week haha, being kinda neglecting it.

It is yes, it's less knowledge and more technique. It's all about the analysis and evaluation of sources :smile: I've been neglecting it too lol, the last time I touched the book was Friday :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending