The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dandaman7771
Do you think the ISA ums will be over 94 for near definite, or could it be less?

I can't guarantee anything with AQA but like as long as you get 96+ in B3 I have a feeling you will get an a* overall.
In general by looking at previous bio exams, what would you say the maximum amount of marks that you can lose in one paper is to still get an A in that paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
When we get our results in August, how are they presented? Do we get a sheet with our general overall grades on for each subject or a sheet for each module etc? I'm on holiday with friends so my parents will have to pick them up for me...i just hope they read them correctly for when they ring me :s-smilie:
what does everyone one think 47 equates to in terms of UMS, roughly? ...
The difficulty of the paper was like the Jan 2013 B1 paper, that had the boundary at 42 - A*, although, i think this is a little low for the B3 paper, its hopefully a good indication that our bondaries will be low.

Perhaps, 46/47 A* at max?
Original post by PilotHolly
When we get our results in August, how are they presented? Do we get a sheet with our general overall grades on for each subject or a sheet for each module etc? I'm on holiday with friends so my parents will have to pick them up for me...i just hope they read them correctly for when they ring me :s-smilie:

They put the subject name and what you got overall then list the units that you took below and then the results you got in those units!

With regards to the biology exam, I felt that the paper was ok, but some of the questions were challenging in the sense that it was more to do with the application of your knowledge (especially the tadpole question). Hopefully included enough to get an A overall!

I think the exam grade boundaries may be 44 for an A*?
In the rib cage and diaphragm question were you meant to describe the cycle because it only said rib cage and diaphragm.
Original post by jamiepman
In the rib cage and diaphragm question were you meant to describe the cycle because it only said rib cage and diaphragm.

For the first question i just described the graph ..

And for the second question i wrote the rib cage moves upwards and outwards while the diaphragm becomes flatter. This decreases pressure drawing air in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1768
Original post by bbadonde2
I don't think that's allowed, my school are doing one after another. You'll have to do the same, otherwise it's breaking the exam rules.

Supervised revision during lunch break, no phones, no contact with those who've done it.
Original post by sa97
Supervised revision during lunch break, no phones, no contact with those who've done it.

Really? Are you allowed to do that?

Our school and all the schools in our borough have to do one after the other ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
this has no affect whatsover on grade boundaries :confused: , anyways how low will they be accroding to you are your teacher?

It always does... Every time there is a change in specification and a new exams is produced for the first time the grade boundaries are considerably lower due to things like like of past papers, new teaching methods etc.
oh ;/ hopefully they're lowe, i think i've got between 46-49 so hopefully enough for around 90+ UMS?
Grade boundaries are estimated at 52 for Bio.

Whole year of about 150, got 50 plus. We went through the exam in lesson.
Whaaaaaat?

52 that's so high! Your school is VERY clever then.. GB's will be like 5 marks less than 52....
Original post by king_revision

Or maybe they're just over confident ..
- let me know if they all get A*s because 150 people with A*s in one school -woah
AQA might shift the overall boundary like they did with English last year
Original post by ThatGirlx
Or maybe they're just over confident ..
- let me know if they all get A*s because 150 people with A*s in one school -woah
AQA might shift the overall boundary like they did with English last year

exactly, the exam wasn't that easy! and besides going by the poll it suggests boundaries will be quite low...
I highly doubt that. I mean not everyone remembers exactly what they wrote. And the exam was not so easy as well. But it might be true...
I just hope the grade boundaries are low. Need to scrap 90 ums to get my desired grade.
I'm pretty sure they will be low. There was quite a lot of tricky questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by king_revision

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :hahaha: that's the funniest thing i've heard all day. Lmao wait till they're shocked on results day. I'm expecting you to report back that 150 PEOPLE got an a* hahahahahaha I can't breathe
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending