The Student Room Group

WJEC C1 13th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by _Morsey_
If you're referring to the discriminant question, for the first part, since there were two equal roots, technically that means there must been one root (two the same), so i just did b^2 - 4ac = 0 which then proved the equation they wanted.

For the second part, when they asked to disprove that there were two equal roots, i took the new equation and applied b^2 - 4ac to it again to get a negative answer. And since it was less than 0, it means there are no real roots.

Seemed right to me, and answered everything they asked.

Damm I didnt know you could do the B^2 -4ac twice!!! I hope I get 1 mark for it!
Reply 41
Attachment not found
215918 hey can someone help me with this? Jan 2013 C2
Reply 42
Attachment not found
215918 hey can someone help me with this? Jan 2013 C2 q.4
Reply 43
Original post by emzlynn
Attachment not found

a + (n-1)d.
Sub in a=1 and d=4

1+ (n-1) 4

If you expan it

4n-4+1.

Which comes out as 4n-3

Reply 44
Original post by emzlynn
Attachment not found

I think for part b you write it back wards and then add them both. Like you do to find the proof of the nth term.

Reply 45
Original post by fil.sissay
I think for part b you write it back wards and then add them both. Like you do to find the proof of the nth term.

I meant for part a (ii)

Reply 46
Original post by emzlynn
Attachment not found
215918 hey can someone help me with this? Jan 2013 C2 q.4

Did u get a?

Reply 47
My maths teacher did the worked solutions for this paper :smile: shout if you need any other answers!

Managed to get half of Q10 for the c1 paper this year, but kicking myself about the 2nd part of binomial expansion bit :frown: ahh well, roll on c2...

Is anyone else doing s1 instead of m1?
Reply 48
Original post by Isobelle
My maths teacher did the worked solutions for this paper :smile: shout if you need any other answers!

Managed to get half of Q10 for the c1 paper this year, but kicking myself about the 2nd part of binomial expansion bit :frown: ahh well, roll on c2...

Am doing s1.

Reply 49
How early did u guys start independent revision for all your exams?

Reply 50

Thanks! Does anyone have a copy of the question paper (C2 - Jan 13) or just a list of the questions on the paper?
Reply 51
Guys, what is this topic called question 2 on the c2 paper.

Reply 52
Original post by Visvim
Thanks! Does anyone have a copy of the question paper (C2 - Jan 13) or just a list of the questions on the paper?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368619430.713335.jpg

Reply 53
Original post by Visvim

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368619508.743720.jpg

Reply 54
Original post by Visvim

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368619553.975961.jpg

There u go.

Reply 55

Thankyou so much!!! Il have a look at it later and let you know :smile:
Reply 56

Me :smile:
Reply 57
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368619553.975961.jpg

There u go.

Thank you so much! :biggrin: I've been looking everywhere for it.
Thanks!
Reply 58
Does anyone have the solutions for c1?
Reply 59
does anyone have the solutions for c1 may 2013?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending