The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
What topics are bugging you?

I will and truly banjaxed my M1 exam...

my hopes of an A now hinge on full UMS in C2 and C1..so demotivated and depressed

have not revised since monday,..
Also, you know S1 interpolation? When you're finding the median when do you use the .5 value and when do you not

Chars
Reply 722
Original post by upthegunners

my hopes of an A now hinge on full UMS in C2 and C1..so demotivated and depressed

Work at it man. Chin up. :smile:
Original post by AmirHabeeb
Work at it man. Chin up. :smile:

thanks for you encouragement friend :smile:

I guess there are always compromises :biggrin:
Original post by hello.cupcake
Hai, I'm doing S1 on Friday and need some last minute help!

It's edexcel June 2010 and I'm stuck on 3e, 4e and 6f.
Any help greatly appreciated :smile:

3(e)

P(XY)P(X62X)P(X \geq Y) \Rightarrow P(X \geq 6-2X)

Can you solve it from here?

4(e)

If P(CB)=P(C)P(C | B) = P(C) , then they are statistically independent.

6(f)

d is measured in 100 km, while t is distance in km, so it can be said that:

d=100td = 100t

In part (d), you found the equation of the regression line of the first fare rate (I'll call it f1f_1 here), in the form of f1=a+bdf_1 = a+bd

So the first fare rate f1f_1 in pounds sterling would be:

a+bd=a+100bta+bd = a+100bt

The second fare rate f2f_2 in pounds sterling would be:

f2=0.05tf_2 = 0.05t

So we have:

f1=a+100btf_1 = a + 100bt (using whatever a and b values you found)

f2=0.05tf_2 = 0.05t

And you want the range of values for f1>f2 f_1 > f_2

Can you solve this inequality?
If I have the two matrices M1 and M2 to represent the transformations T1 and T2, and I want to find the matrix representing the combined transformation of T2 then T1, do I do M1M2 or M2M1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone tell me if I'm going insane on this question (6c) or if the book has it wrong? (CGP C4 AQA) (incl. working out, mark scheme, and graph)

IMG_0791.jpgIMG_0790.jpgIMG_0789.PNGIMG_0788.jpg
Reply 727
S1 edexcel

the events A and B are independent
Find P(A|B')
In the mark scheme it says A and B' are independent so the answer is just P(A)
Can someone explain why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 728
Original post by furryface12
If I have the two matrices M1 and M2 to represent the transformations T1 and T2, and I want to find the matrix representing the combined transformation of T2 then T1, do I do M1M2 or M2M1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

M1*M2
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AmirHabeeb
M1*M2

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You'll be fine then!
Yeah on Friday :biggrin:

are you doing the ocr mei board? can you help me with question 6 may 2005 C2
The C1 paper is really bugging me, was a really decent paper and made some unbelievable stupid mistakes and only got around 60/75 maximum so most likely won't get an A for maths now :frown:
Original post by justinawe
3(e)

P(XY)P(X62X)P(X \geq Y) \Rightarrow P(X \geq 6-2X)

Can you solve it from here?

4(e)

If P(CB)=P(C)P(C | B) = P(C) , then they are statistically independent.

6(f)

d is measured in 100 km, while t is distance in km, so it can be said that:

d=100td = 100t

In part (d), you found the equation of the regression line of the first fare rate (I'll call it f1f_1 here), in the form of f1=a+bdf_1 = a+bd

So the first fare rate f1f_1 in pounds sterling would be:

a+bd=a+100bta+bd = a+100bt

The second fare rate f2f_2 in pounds sterling would be:

f2=0.05tf_2 = 0.05t

So we have:

f1=a+100btf_1 = a + 100bt (using whatever a and b values you found)

f2=0.05tf_2 = 0.05t

And you want the range of values for f1>f2 f_1 > f_2

Can you solve this inequality?

Yes yes thank you so much!!! :smile:
Reply 733

Don't worry man I felt like that at first, I only just got back to revising today, I need to anyway got S1 coming up, M1 will be my lowest module I suppose but hopefully we can drag our scores up with other modules bro!.
Reply 734
Original post by shyamshah
The C1 paper is really bugging me, was a really decent paper and made some unbelievable stupid mistakes and only got around 60/75 maximum so most likely won't get an A for maths now :frown:

Provided you attain 240/300 you will still get an A, so 60/75 isn't the end of the world.
If you do well on your applied module and C2 you should comfortably pass through the A boundary :smile:
Original post by Robbie242
Don't worry man I felt like that at first, I only just got back to revising today, I need to anyway got S1 coming up, M1 will be my lowest module I suppose but hopefully we can drag our scores up with other modules bro!.

I left out 21 marks bro :frown:

thanks for the encouragement anyway :smile:

I still have not started revising and I am heading to my local club tonight :biggrin:

I believe everything happens for a reason :smile:
Reply 736
I left out 21 marks bro :frown:

thanks for the encouragement anyway :smile:

I still have not started revising and I am heading to my local club tonight :biggrin:

I believe everything happens for a reason :smile:

not as bad but I dropped 12 and pretty disappointed due to progress on past/solomon papers. np bro keep at it :biggrin:

Ah have a good time, just try to get back into the swing of things soon :smile:

Indeed it does, I didn't revise lifts or confusing suvat and they both came up bam in my face
Original post by joostan
Provided you attain 240/300 you will still get an A, so 60/75 isn't the end of the world.
If you do well on your applied module and C2 you should comfortably pass through the A boundary :smile:

Yeah need to ace stats and C2, feeling confident about C2 but I think S1 will let me down. I am just hoping for a nice stats paper and hopefully I can get 70% minimum cause I like C2 the most so should hopefully get 90%+ :smile: thanks for replying :wink:
Original post by Robbie242
not as bad but I dropped 12 and pretty disappointed due to progress on past/solomon papers. np bro keep at it :biggrin:

Ah have a good time, just try to get back into the swing of things soon :smile:

Indeed it does, I didn't revise lifts or confusing suvat and they both came up bam in my face

I got a really nasty lifts question too bro!

As I have already said, everything happens for a reason. And as my hero, J.K Rowling said"

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default."

:smile:

Reply 739
I got a really nasty lifts question too bro!

As I have already said, everything happens for a reason. And as my hero, J.K Rowling said"

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default."

:smile:

Woah inspirational, anyway gonna get on with S1 revision now, I'll talk to you later

Latest

Trending

Trending