The Student Room Group

Oxford gang found guilty of grooming and sexually exploiting girls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by thombo1
If it was a group of Christian believers who had been found guilty of child abuse (which yes, has happened), would you blame God?

Mohammed had sex with a child. Did God? Not even sure what this has to do with Christianity.
Reply 101
Original post by jerem
Mohammed had sex with a child. Did God? Not even sure what this has to do with Christianity.

Simple question. When Muslims are found guilty of child abuse, do you blame the religion? When Christians do it, do you also blame their religion?
It's not the religion, it is their own sick twisted brains. :/
Disgusting vile, vile creatures.
Reply 103
Original post by thombo1
Simple question. When Muslims are found guilty of child abuse, do you blame the religion? When Christians do it, do you also blame their religion?

If people of said religion take examples of a prophet that had sex with a child, then yes I will believe that the religion played apart in it, whatever that religion may be.

Does that answer your question?
Reply 104
Original post by Theoneoranro
Funny how you make nothing of it when there's white rapists caught (which is everyday), there's only a few hundred asians who have ever been caught for such crimes out of millions of asians. White gangs get no where near as much media attention.

Probably because just like the oxford police and council. It is being ignored. PC people like you are causing so much harm to young girls by trying to sweep this problem under the carpet
Original post by Meron
Pardon me I misunderstood the part about ethnicity. All I am saying is lets not label them Muslims yet. It is safe to assume and by all means investigate based on the assumption, if there is any link. But for now I would only label them savages.

If it was a white gang that targeted ONLY pakistani girls they would be covered.

My arguments would apply to said scenario aswel
Reply 106
Original post by jerem
If people of said religion take examples of a prophet that had sex with a child, then yes I will believe that the religion played apart in it, whatever that religion may be.

Does that answer your question?

Yes.

You must admit there's a lot of anti-Islamic sentiment out there, and I think, while the deep-rooted cultural issues behind this case have to be explored, my argument is that it's dangerous and inflammatory to blame religion as the ONLY cause. This is an immensely complex issue.

For me personally, it's not about political correctness, but just treading very carefully. I think there's still a degree of racial tension in this country depending where you look.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 107
Original post by thombo1
Of course, I fully agree. But it becomes dangerous when people take such delicate issues and paint all of Islam as being a degenerate, child-abusing religion. There's many Muslims who realise that Islam should not be followed to the letter if it flouts 21st century British law, just like many Christians realise the same about their religion.

I'm not religious in the slightest, but some of the replies in this thread make me feel uncomfortable. It's good that people are intelligently discussing the underlying, root cause of child abuses, but there's quite a few posts which are nothing more than outright racism under the guise of moral outrage.

Of course, as I said before, I will always support the vast majority of Muslims and ME people. And I do agree that we need to be careful not to incriminate an entire culture or ideology, but it is ultimately counter-productive to let this stagnate our progress in determining what the hell is going on.

All I'm asking is that when men like Ariel Castro, who was behind the abuse of those women in Cleveland last week, or Josef Fritzl, was charged, there was very little discussion of why...it was just assumed they were abnormal and perverted. But when Muslim men are found guilty of such crimes, the entire religion is often put under suspicion.

I'd say that Fritz and Castro are rare one-off cases and they did occur in different parts of the world after all. On the other hand, the incidence of British Muslim men being reported carrying out these acts is worryingly on the rise. Now, that could just be bias reporting or headlining, which deserves consideration, but the underlying connection is still an issue.

All I'm saying in this thread is to urge caution. I don't want to be overly-politically correct, but it can be deceptively easy to fall into the trap of blaming an entire culture for the actions of a minority. Most posters here have replied with intelligent, thoughtful responses so far, I'm only pointing out several members here.

Agreed. :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by thombo1
Yes.

You must admit there's a lot of anti-Islamic sentiment out there, and I think, while the deep-rooted cultural issues behind this case have to be explored, my argument is that it's dangerous and inflammatory to blame religion as the ONLY cause. This is an immensely complex issue.

For me personally, it's not about political correctness, but just treading very carefully. I think there's still a degree of racial tension in this country depending where you look.

I admit that we have a massive problem of anti-islam, but to walk on egg shells because we are to PC about this issue (Like the police and oxford council was) is a massive insult to the victims. These girls where abused for a long time.
Reply 109
I think we're pretty much all on the same page here then!
Reply 110
What amazes me is how quiet the feminist world is on this issue. The guardian usually have articles on how poor rape convictions are (And rightly so) but no mention from the feminist world off the failings from the police to help these young girls and for them to just ignore the issue? And not just this latest one, the other cover ups with Rochdale ect
Could someone please tell me why Pakistani men are so massively over-represented in the paedophile grooming gangs statistics? THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/09/grooming-trial-asian-men-martin-narey-barnados_n_1502216.html

And the article above was written last year by the way. Since then there have been Pakistani grooming gangs found all over the country. After Rochdale and Rotherham came Telford in Shropshire recently (two brothers jailed for 18 years each), Ipswich, Bradford, London, Leeds, Birmingham, Keighley and others.

WE HAVE TO PROTECT CHILDREN.
Reply 112
The thing is there isn't white gangs running around raping young girls...you know why because they're loners because it isn't culturally accepted. The reasons Pakistani's are working in gangs because for whatever reason they can find a bunch of their friends that are up for doing it as well, hence a cultural problem. Not a cultural problem among white people when they're working alone, it is a lone mentally ill person, he is a loner because it isn't culturally accepted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 113
To sum it up...all race have mentally ill loner rapists we call all agree on that.

Gang rape is definitely a cultural problem...no way is a whole bunch of friends all mentally ill, there is something culturally wrong where they have marginalised their actions.
Can i just say. And please let me stress that i am in no way implying it is because they are Muslim that they do this, i know this is nothing to do with the religion.. but why when you hear about rape gangs they are overwhelmingly Muslim throughout Europe?

Is it because they are raised to somehow devalue women and when a woman/girl is 'attention seeking' they see it as their inherent right to take advantage?
Or do they think that if they think that vulnerable girls are not valuable members of society so can be easily exploited and discarded without problems?
Why do they not rape Muslim girls? do they see white western girls as easy meat?

Can someone please suggest a reason without saying this is a completely isolated incident completely irrelevant from any other case before it because quite frankly thats just an insult to everybody's intelligence..
Typical anti Islam replies. When the hundreds of rape cases in India have been brought up, no even once has Hinduism been blamed. These men are scum who obviously knew they could prey on these white girls, because they knew they had no family, or the security of society etc. If they were in Pakistan, they would have been raping Pakistani girls. Sexual predators don't give a toss about the ethnicities of thier victims. They knew that these particular girls were vulnerable and easy targets because let's face it, if they had gone after Pakistani girls, most of whom have strong family connections it would have been a lot of hassle for them. Also there are not many Pakistani girls in care, if there were then it would be justified to say that these men were raping white girls simply because they're white. Social services, the police should be ashamed for not believing the girls but to label all of the Asian community in England as having racial prejudices against white women is very unfair in my opinion. On the whole we try to respect every woman, these men have brought shame upon our community but are by no means the norm.
Original post by McHumpy92
The thing is there isn't white gangs running around raping young girls...you know why because they're loners because it isn't culturally accepted. The reasons Pakistani's are working in gangs because for whatever reason they can find a bunch of their friends that are up for doing it as well, hence a cultural problem. Not a cultural problem among white people when they're working alone, it is a lone mentally ill person, he is a loner because it isn't culturally accepted.

Now this is a lie, a few months ago a gang of white men robbed a house in Bradford for gold. Look for the story in the T&A. They told the mother to leave the room, while they had their way with the daughter. The family have refused to give this information to the public.
Original post by AverageExcellence

Can someone please suggest a reason without saying this is a completely isolated incident completely irrelevant from any other case before it because quite frankly thats just an insult to everybody's intelligence..

Please we can blame this ethnicity and that ethnicity. What do you make of the fact that 1 in 5 women have been sexually assaulted in the US? Americans are all rapists now?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/health/nearly-1-in-5-women-in-us-survey-report-sexual-assault.html?_r=0
Reply 118
Original post by interact
Now this is a lie, a few months ago a gang of white men robbed a house in Bradford for gold. Look for the story in the T&A. They told the mother to leave the room, while they had their way with the daughter. The family have refused to give this information to the public.

Don't know what 'T&A' is and how would you know if the family refused to give information to the public?
Original post by Xotol
Of course, as I said before, I will always support the vast majority of Muslims and ME people. And I do agree that we need to be careful not to incriminate an entire culture or ideology, but it is ultimately counter-productive to let this stagnate our progress in determining what the hell is going on.

I'd say that Fritz and Castro are rare one-off cases and they did occur in different parts of the world after all. On the other hand, the incidence of British Muslim men being reported carrying out these acts is worryingly on the rise. Now, that could just be bias reporting or headlining, which deserves consideration, but the underlying connection is still an issue.

Agreed. :smile:

1 in 5 women claim to be sexually assaulted in the US. Get your own house in order before you start blaming an entire religion and ethnicity. Sexual rapists are going to be rapists regardless of which ethnicity and religion they come from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending