The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by justanotherindigo
It is yes, it's less knowledge and more technique. It's all about the analysis and evaluation of sources :smile: I've been neglecting it too lol, the last time I touched the book was Friday :colondollar:

I really, really, really don't want education to come up or marriage/property/contagious diseases, Something about War and work opportunities would be lovely or perhaps something about the suffrage campaign itself. And yeah same last question I touched upon was the Labour Party one, I think on the day I just need to be focused fully, I've over-practiced it running up to January so its quite hard to get back into it :tongue:
Some guy in my year answered the question from the section we hadn't studied ....
Original post by Robbie242
I really, really, really don't want education to come up or marriage/property/contagious diseases, Something about War and work opportunities would be lovely or perhaps something about the suffrage campaign itself. And yeah same last question I touched upon was the Labour Party one, I think on the day I just need to be focused fully, I've over-practiced it running up to January so its quite hard to get back into it :tongue:

Those are my favourites! I would want suffrage though, because its the only topic I know properly. I'm sure that you'll be fine :biggrin: speaking of suffrage, if its about School Boards and all that nonsense, I'm practically screwed :tongue:
Original post by getoom
Some guy in my year answered the question from the section we hadn't studied ....

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! That's VERY risky. How did he find it? :s-smilie:
Original post by sasunerd
For a second I thought you meant you did two questions on Stalin's Russia! :P

ahaha, that would've been a big mistake,
Although right at the last second when I was flipping through my paper I realized I forgot to put a cross in the box for question 7!
Original post by justanotherindigo
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! That's VERY risky. How did he find it? :s-smilie:

He said he found it easy, but he only answered it off GCSE knowledge.
Anyone else do the question on vietnam "To what extent did the financial and human costs of the war cause the USA to withdraw from vietnam"? (think it was something like this)
Reply 227
Did anybody that done the Russia paper yesterday have difficulties in understanding question 8, either with the agricultural policies or the industrial policies, I think I only talked about collectivization when I think I was meant to talk about the FYP
Reply 228
Did anybody that done the Russia paper yesterday have difficulties in understanding question 8, either with the agricultural policies or the industrial policies, I think I only talked about collectivization when I think I was meant to talk about the FYP I only talked about collectivization when I think I was meant to talk about the FYP
Original post by DaveUCD
Did anybody that done the Russia paper yesterday have difficulties in understanding question 8, either with the agricultural policies or the industrial policies, I think I only talked about collectivization when I think I was meant to talk about the FYP I only talked about collectivization when I think I was meant to talk about the FYP

Uhhhm I could've sworn the question said industrial changes? :s
Original post by Sharif Chowdhury
I know exactly what you mean about unification, so much knowledge that'd be useless in the question. I was initially going to choose the church question but got scared when I saw the word "nationalism". All in all though I think I wrote a decent enough essay for it. What points did you make?

Same! I actually normally like Church questions :L
Honestly I can't quite remember! But I think I made a point that it was significant due to the events (Kingdom of Italy) it led to, that it was only significant in combination with the peace treaty (and alliances although they were prior to the given dates) and a point about how it was only significant in the expansion of Piedmont but other events (Garibaldi & the Thousand in Naples and Sicily) were required to unify Italy as a whole and not just the North. I the concluded it was a significant, pivotal, event but only in combination with other factors. I barely mentioned the events of 1866 and 1870 so I feel like my argument may not have effectively covered the dates given :/
What points did you make?
The Italian unification questions were tricky! I did the one on the defeat of Austria. Basically concluded that it wasn't of massive importance because France seemed to replace Austria as the influential power and barrier to full unification (Nice & Savoy, Rome, Italy getting Venetia - all aspects that France had control over) and that it took Garibaldi to create an Italy that would bear the most resemblance to what we think an 'Italy' is (i.e. control of most of the peninsula, north and south).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 232
Original post by shabba-ranks
Anyone else do the question on vietnam "To what extent did the financial and human costs of the war cause the USA to withdraw from vietnam"? (think it was something like this)

Yup, I did that one; how did you find it?
Original post by sophie5
Yup, I did that one; how did you find it?

thought it was good and preferred it to my civil rights question, have a look a couple of pages ago i put a brief summary of what i wrote for that question...tell me what u think :rolleyes:
how about you?
Reply 234
Original post by Eterniity
Uhhhm I could've sworn the question said industrial changes? :s

Yeah it did but im wondering if will still get any marks for what I said about collectivization.
Reply 235
Original post by DaveUCD

The one about industry/agriculture transforming 1881-1914?. I did it, I'm not sure if my method was correct, I took my essay as 5 paragraphs 1 for agriculture minor transformation 1 for industry minor transformation 1 for agriculture no transformation 1 for industry no transformation, obvious at the end summarising key points from both paragraphs, and then 1 paragraph for conclusion, and a small introduction whilst Cross referencing Stolypin/Witte and the Duma.
Reply 236
thought it was good and preferred it to my civil rights question, have a look a couple of pages ago i put a brief summary of what i wrote for that question...tell me what u think :rolleyes:
how about you?

I had a quick look and you seem to be perfectly on the right track, I think I spoke about pretty similar stuff to you. Its quite interesting , personally I preferred the Civil Rights question, which one did you do? I did the federal government one.
Original post by sophie5
I had a quick look and you seem to be perfectly on the right track, I think I spoke about pretty similar stuff to you. Its quite interesting , personally I preferred the Civil Rights question, which one did you do? I did the federal government one.

oh wow i did the federal government one too :redface:

i ended up having to rush it a little because i focused on my vietnam essay but i did manage to get my main points down, how did u find it?
Reply 238
Original post by Robbie242
The one about industry/agriculture transforming 1881-1914?. I did it, I'm not sure if my method was correct, I took my essay as 5 paragraphs 1 for agriculture minor transformation 1 for industry minor transformation 1 for agriculture no transformation 1 for industry no transformation, obvious at the end summarising key points from both paragraphs, and then 1 paragraph for conclusion, and a small introduction whilst Cross referencing Stolypin/Witte and the Duma.

Oh nope that not they one im talking about, im talking about the Stalin Russia
Reply 239
oh wow i did the federal government one too :redface:

i ended up having to rush it a little because i focused on my vietnam essay but i did manage to get my main points down, how did u find it?

It was ok, I did Civil Rights first. My knowledge of Vietnam wasn't as good as Civil Rights so I had to stop and think about what to write for Vietnam. I thought it was a bit strange that they didn't give us a time period to focus on but nevertheless it wasn't too bad. How many pages did you manage for each question?

Latest