The Student Room Group

Gcse spanish aqa reading/listening 17 may 2013!

Hey guys!
Just thought I'd make a thread for the Spanish exams on Friday.
How's everyone feeling?
Have you started revising?
Discuss. :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, not done much revision as have 2 other papers before Friday, eeep:s-smilie: What areas are you concentrating on?
Reply 2
Two more papers?! Good luck!
I've just been doing past papers but I think I need to work the most on listening, so I will probably do those tomorrow
Reply 3
How do you guys revise for listening and reading?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by xoshan
How do you guys revise for listening and reading?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do papers on the AQA website.
Reply 5
All I've done for revision is past papers in class for the past while... I have RE on Friday too so concentrating on it more at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
In class we went on the AQA website and looked at the spec, they have all the words you ever need to know there... We had to make flash cards for all the words we didn't know which took ages but now feel prepared!!
Reply 7
Original post by Jo166
In class we went on the AQA website and looked at the spec, they have all the words you ever need to know there... We had to make flash cards for all the words we didn't know which took ages but now feel prepared!!

:woo: Genuinely didn't know there was a vocab list on the bottom of the spec! I've read the top bit (to check the percentages of each exam, etc) but have never read to the bottom! You're a life saver, cheers! :biggrin:
Original post by nicola12345
All I've done for revision is past papers in class for the past while... I have RE on Friday too so concentrating on it more at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. I would be really confident for Spanish, however I'm convinced that AQA are going to make the papers harder this year to try and combat grade inflation. The grade boundaries are usually really low for Spanish.
Reply 9
Original post by Joe7
Same here. I would be really confident for Spanish, however I'm convinced that AQA are going to make the papers harder this year to try and combat grade inflation. The grade boundaries are usually really low for Spanish.

Yes I agree. I did AQA French on Monday and whilst I didn't find it particularly hard, it was certainly harder than previous years especially the listening. I'm expecting them to do the same with Spanish this Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sitting these exams on Friday and I'm not feeling confident about them at all. I struggle remembering the endings for my tenses and previous listening exercises in class have been disastrous; it seems Spaniards speak at ridiculously fast speeds but I know that it only seems exaggerated because I can't fully understand them. I've been revising tenses and vocab this week and listening to the radio. Even though I've only been listening to it for a few days I feel that it has helped, if only a little bit. :smile:
here is a translated vocab list -All_GCSE_vocabulary_list.doc
Original post by nicola12345

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! It's not going to be a good day.
Reply 13
Original post by dannywelbeck123
here is a translated vocab list -All_GCSE_vocabulary_list.doc

Thanks a great help.:smile:
Reply 14
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing a foundation paper, I've been doing higher mocks but i still feel nervous as i need to do well in the paper to pass Spanish..... Any help?
Good luck to everyone sitting this paper today! :smile:
good luck guys! Let's hope we come out with the grades we want!:tongue:
Reply 17
Yes, good luck everyone. Hope it a nice paper.:smile:
Reply 18
good luck guys, you'll be fine :smile: so glad I got out of this exam, seeing as I have 9 A-level exams aha
How did people find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending