The Student Room Group

Oxford gang found guilty of grooming and sexually exploiting girls

Scroll to see replies

Funny how people are ignoring rape statistics on the whole. Yes, just choose the ones where you can blame the Muslim population.
Original post by Lazar Wolf
The laws on rape are quite clear in this country.

The law means women have to go through courts and have their knickers paraded around as evidence. Young poor women have been getting abused for years and years in this country, and no one did anything. But now that there's been high incidents of Muslim men, everyone seems to suddenly care.
you seem to be another one who cannot accept the truth. And there's no need to resort to insults, this only points to the fact that you're losing the argument.

A few facts for you:

for one there is the CEOP study:

http://www.channel4.com/news/ceop-wa...grooming-study

In their words:

In the grooming statistics, 49% were white and 46% Asian: the proportion of Pakistani Asians remains unknown. However, in a country where Asians constitute 7% of the general population, this is a striking figure.

We believe that there are two main profiles of the on-street groomer. First, we have the white offenders, who typically offend alone. So far, nothing new: the lone white male is the norm for UK child sex offences. Second, however, there are Asian offenders, many of whom are of Pakistani origin. They seem much more likely to offend in groups, lending their abuse a curiously social dimension. In our research, which focuses on large offending groups, we analysed police data from five major on-street grooming investigations. Of the 52 suspects charged, 83% were Asian Pakistani, 11% Asian other and 6% white British. These are shocking statistics and the over-representation of Asian offenders within this dataset certainly merits attention.

Another article:

http://www.newstatesman.com/lifestyl...actor-rochdale

All you have to do is tap key words such as 'asian grooming statistics' into Google and you can see for yourself.

This is NOT to say that all Pakistanis or Muslims are like this. the vast majority are certainly not. It was aBritish Pakistani Muslim, Nazir Afzal, who reversed the earlier CPS decision and who prosecuted the 9 Rochdale perverts. Other UK Pakistanis have spoken out against child grooming.

The usual white nonce acts alone, like Savile and others (it's a shame he didn't face justice). Most white paedophiles act alone. But in the Pakistani community there is a subculture, shared by a small but significant minority, who feel that white children are fair game to be raped and then sold into prostitution and horribly abused still further.

these peopel are not true Muslims. the Prophet (pbuh) said in some of the finest words ever spoken 'The most excellent jihad is the conquest of self'. These people are scum, and they are bringing SHAME ON YOUR COMMUNITY.

So what? the point is barely anyone is grroming out of the entire population. There's 60 million+ people in this country and there's probably 1000 max people grooming, so even if it was 50% of asians doing it it would still be 500 out of millions of asians. What does that prove? If this was a crime commited by tens of thousands of people and a lot of them were asian i'd see your point but this is a really rare crime and barely anyone does it. What is more common though is rapists who move around on their own and they're mostly whites. And you seem really thick to me because you're a muslim and saying all this when you don't realise people are more likely to blame ISLAM than race. Race doesn't determine your mindset while religion does. WHat are you an arab or something? Two people convicted were north africans too lol you moron. If it's anything which makes people treat women badly it's Islam, not the fact your Pakistani.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 143
Original post by *Dreaming*
Ugh disgusting

Why are these men here?! They obviously target white british girls, they wouldn't dream of doing it to muslim girls. So why should they be allowed to live here if they think the "natives" are worth so little that it's ok to rape CHILDREN?! This country is too soft on this filth. They should be deported immediatey, they obviously hate this country so send them on the next plane back to Pakistan or whatever.

I am not racist, but you knew before the pictures were published what they were likely to be. Because it happens all too often, these Asian grooming gangs. Obviously there is evil in every race, but some of these "cultures" have views that are too contrasting to our Western way of life that they just shouldn't be allowed here. Many immigrants integrate well, but some have something in their phyche that makes it incapable for them to live in a "free" country.

sorry to be annoying but saying Asian grooming gangs is too general, how often do you hear of a Japanese grooming gang? or Buddhist grooming gang? or a Hindu grooming gang?
Reply 144
Original post by interact
The law means women have to go through courts and have their knickers paraded around as evidence. Young poor women have been getting abused for years and years in this country, and no one did anything. But now that there's been high incidents of Muslim men, everyone seems to suddenly care.

How the hell else would you like people to be convicted of rape if not through the courts?

The only thing your posts have argued is that they did not necessarily target white girls because they were white, but because they were those who were vulnerable and available (though you also say they target them because they can't target Asian girls - so... they are targeting white girls because they are white?).

You're also arguing against the focus on the possible cultural connection of the perpetrators - but you haven't given any reason for us not to look at it. 'Other ethnicities and cultures rape' - well yeah, everyone knows that. How many white grooming gangs are there in the UK? You can't just say 'rapists come in every colour' and then put your fingers in your ears.
It's very much the reason why they don't target Muslim girls. Stop pretending you have any insight or some profound understanding of gangs and people growing up on the street. Acting as if you really care about these girls. Where have you all been when they've been getting abused by thier partners, and they've hidingly had to come to Mosques for food. Lol, that will be the day the media reports something like that.

And I meant religion too obviously. The truth is, you don't care about them really at all. The firs thing you saw were Muslim men, and it made your day that you could now blame rapes on the Muslim population.

Lol don't tell me what i know, who i am and what i care about.. you don't have a clue.. you clearly have nothing logical to retort me with so you try to speculate nonsense. you've just lost any credibility you had in a reasonable debate..
Original post by Ronove
How the hell else would you like people to be convicted of rape if not through the courts?

The only thing your posts have argued is that they did not necessarily target white girls because they were white, but because they were those who were vulnerable and available (though you also say they target them because they can't target Asian girls - so... they are targeting white girls because they are white?).

You're also arguing against the focus on the possible cultural connection of the perpetrators - but you haven't given any reason for us not to look at it. 'Other ethnicities and cultures rape' - well yeah, everyone knows that. How many white grooming gangs are there in the UK? You can't just say 'rapists come in every colour' and then put your fingers in your ears.

They are easier targets and that's why they've been raped, that's what I've argued. If Pakistani women were easily available, like they are in the poor areas of Pakistan then they would have been grooming Pakistani girls too. There are many poor pakistani women in the UK, but the difference is that they have the protection of thier families. That's what I've argued. I've not put any fingers in my ears, unlike some people. The number of Pakistani girls in care and without a family, and without a father figure is very low in comparison to these victims.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AverageExcellence
Lol don't tell me what i know, who i am and what i care about.. you don't have a clue.. you clearly have nothing logical to retort me with so you try to speculate nonsense. you've just lost any credibility you had in a reasonable debate..

Ok, I know it's easy to just dismiss my posts as being illogical.
Ok, I know it's easy to just dismiss my posts as being illogical.

The truth is that the only reason you think im out to discredit Muslims is because you've stereotyped me yourself as assuming im white western and therefore anti Islamic.. I have Muslim friends, I went to a 'multicultural' School where 50% of the kids were Muslim. I've read the Qu'ran.. I've stressed that my argument is not against islam as a text or religious philosophy itself. If there is an issue itself it would be with the culture in which the people came from who happen to be Muslim are not fully syncronised to western concepts.. Just as a western person going to Saudi Arabia would find himself at odds with their concepts and imply that his own way of life is somehow more fitting..

I don't appreciate you then trying to bring my own life experiences.. something you don't have a clue about.. into the question.. you don't have a clue about my social background, my race.. by doing so you're being just as judgmental as the people who purport Islam is somehow detrimental because a minority of this group commit a notable amount of rapes...
I think its also extremely wrong that the chief constable and council chief executive refuse to resign
Original post by Theoneoranro
So what? the point is barely anyone is grroming out of the entire population. There's 60 million+ people in this country and there's probably 1000 max people grooming, so even if it was 50% of asians doing it it would still be 500 out of millions of asians. What does that prove? If this was a crime commited by tens of thousands of people and a lot of them were asian i'd see your point but this is a really rare crime and barely anyone does it. What is more common though is rapists who move around on their own and they're mostly whites. And you seem really thick to me because you're a muslim and saying all this when you don't realise people are more likely to blame ISLAM than race. Race doesn't determine your mindset while religion does. WHat are you an arab or something? Two people convicted were north africans too lol you moron. If it's anything which makes people treat women badly it's Islam, not the fact your Pakistani.

You're resorting to insults again, and have got your facts wrong.

I am not a Muslim. I am of British/Irish descent and am of a Christian background. Years ago I once had a very brief relationship with a woman of Christian Indian origin, I still remember her fondly.

You seem to agree with me on some points yet disagree with me on others, almost to the point of your posting descending into a rant. Calm down dear..
Original post by fuzznbass
I think its also extremely wrong that the chief constable and council chief executive refuse to resign

i think they have to be fir rather than resign
Reply 152
Can i just say. And please let me stress that i am in no way implying it is because they are Muslim that they do this, i know this is nothing to do with the religion.. but why when you hear about rape gangs they are overwhelmingly Muslim throughout Europe?

Please tell me your not being serious.

Overwhelmingly Muslim THROUGHOUT Europe????

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're resorting to insults again, and have got your facts wrong.

I am not a Muslim. I am of British/Irish descent and am of a Christian background. Years ago I once had a very brief relationship with a woman of Christian Indian origin, I still remember her fondly.

You seem to agree with me on some points yet disagree with me on others, almost to the point of your posting descending into a rant. Calm down dear..

Alright mate so according to you if you're born as a pakistani you somehow are more likely to commit this crime. Nice logic bro + v. strongly backed up.
The truth is that the only reason you think im out to discredit Muslims is because you've stereotyped me yourself as assuming im white western and therefore anti Islamic.. I have Muslim friends, I went to a 'multicultural' School where 50% of the kids were Muslim. I've read the Qu'ran.. I've stressed that my argument is not against islam as a text or religious philosophy itself. If there is an issue itself it would be with the culture in which the people came from who happen to be Muslim are not fully syncronised to western concepts.. Just as a western person going to Saudi Arabia would find himself at odds with their concepts and imply that his own way of life is somehow more fitting..

I don't appreciate you then trying to bring my own life experiences.. something you don't have a clue about.. into the question.. you don't have a clue about my social background, my race.. by doing so you're being just as judgmental as the people who purport Islam is somehow detrimental because a minority of this group commit a notable amount of rapes...

I don't appreciate the generalizations that have been made in this thread, but I should not have brought your your life into it. The crux of the problem is that we have a Muslim gang who have managed to get hold of white girls in the care system and have forced them into prostitution. The main reason why people are so angry is that it is girls who are white that have been getting abused by Muslim men. From this there have been plenty of articles and analysts who believe that there are major problems within the Muslim community which need to be addressed, etc. etc. My whole point in this thread is that this is one incident, or even two three but this is not thousands of statistics which show that this common practice within the Muslim community. Fast track to white celebrity men sleeping with under-age girls and boys and there is not a single such article about problems with the white community, it would not even cross most peoples mind to explore something like that. Even though, white male celebrities like Stuart Hall have admitted to a number of cases of indecent assault against 13 girls, the most youngest being only nine. I'm using this parallel to just illustrate how stupid it is to question and demean a whole community based on the actions of a few and how offensive it would be to do so.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Theoneoranro
Alright mate so according to you if you're born as a pakistani you somehow are more likely to commit this crime. Nice logic bro + v. strongly backed up.

No mate, that's your interpretation of it. It's not the race, this is subcultural issues. Just because someone has a different skin colour doesn't make them a paedophile. What makes them a nonce is their own sick minds, which are not helped by others of the same background who share the same ideas. That is the crux of the problem, and itis one that must be faced if grooming is to be tackled and scum like this shut down.

What they did to these girls in my opinion demands the death penalty.
No mate, that's your interpretation of it. It's not the race, this is subcultural issues. Just because someone has a different skin colour doesn't make them a paedophile. What makes them a nonce is their own sick minds, which are not helped by others of the same background who share the same ideas. That is the crux of the problem, and itis one that must be faced if grooming is to be tackled and scum like this shut down.

What they did to these girls in my opinion demands the death penalty.

Yeah but you're talking about how it's a racial issue. If you're pakistani= more likely to commit a crime. What about the many many westernised pakistanis who don't even follow the culture of their ancestors? You're generalising. And if race isn't the problem then wtf are you complaining about? Stop saying pakistani, I don't say 'white' everytime a white man does something wrong so I expect the same back, call them scum because that's what they are, they're a disgrace to us so don't even try to associate us with them, I would break your jaw if you or anyone else tried to link me to these people in any way in real life, just because they happen to have parents who came from the same place as mine it doesn't mean i'm anything like them. And what about all the other places with similar cultures to the pakistani culture? I'm not sure if you know this or not but in the pakistani culture it's looked down on even if you give a girl you're not related to/married to a kiss on the cheek never mind rape lol what drug are you on?
Reply 157
Its not a cultural/religious at all. In Derby the same thing happened but all the criminals where white men doing it and all the victims white young girls yet and the story barely made the newspapers as it is.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 158
Original post by fuzznbass

Indeed. The Police and Social services will have numerous questions to answer about their conduct in this case.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by Zizi11
Its not a cultural/religious at all. In Derby the same thing happened but all the criminals where white men doing it and all the victims white young girls yet and the story barely made the newspapers as it is.

This.

One of the father of the men in this case says he regrets not teaching his sons about religion (islam).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending