The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
I'm so confused! Can someone tell me how to directly reply to a comment on here via the iPhone app?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 501
Original post by Kayannk
That's just about acceptable! Dangerously close to being a wool though :wink:

I'm trying to figure out a way you can figure where I'm from... :holmes: I'm not from Whiston, nor Prescot but the place close to Prescot beginning with 'H'? I hope that gives it away enough :redface: You can decide if that makes me a wool :tongue:
Original post by meganht
I'm so confused! Can someone tell me how to directly reply to a comment on here via the iPhone app?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tap the message you wanna quote and it should come up with a "quote" button :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 503
Oh and there was talk about that prison documentary on Monday and that people thought it showed SH without any warning?...Well I watched my recording of it last night and just before it starts the voice over person said 'Containing strong language and some scenes that people may upsetting...' - So it did have a warning before it started :yy:
Reply 504
I don't want to be here at uni right now. I feel like I have screwed everything up by not being in yesterday. They were relying on me to do these songs and now I come in today and no one has any idea what they are doing. Feel like it's my fault.
Reply 505
Original post by HmMusic
I don't want to be here at uni right now. I feel like I have screwed everything up by not being in yesterday. They were relying on me to do these songs and now I come in today and no one has any idea what they are doing. Feel like it's my fault.

It's not your fault. They should not be putting so much on you rather than everyone else; it's not fair. Would you be able to delegate at all, like appoint some responsible sub-people to teach the rest of them bits, if there's anyone you trust to do it well enough or who knows the songs at all?
Seriously?!?! I've just been told I need to eat the full freaking dinner to be able to go out tomorrow! Apparently eating a slice of toast and eating half a chicken salad isn't enough grrrr... A full freaking meal?! :banghead:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:cry: I'm not sure I can do uni any more. I've made it further this year than before my interruption but I just... My exam tomorrow - I know nothing and I don't care. I just want to sleep and ignore uni and people and everything. And I've just found out that despite the DSO telling my school that I'm mainly (read: entirely) working from home, they failed to tell me when or how to chose modules and pick a dissertation topic. I have 9 days. Nine ****ing days.
Original post by -FireFlies-
Seriously?!?! I've just been told I need to eat the full freaking dinner to be able to go out tomorrow! Apparently eating a slice of toast and eating half a chicken salad isn't enough grrrr... A full freaking meal?! :banghead:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being in a hospital in which you have to complete a meal plan to be allowed out, you have my sympathy. ; ; )Consider yourself hugged.
Reply 509
Original post by Deyesy
I'm trying to figure out a way you can figure where I'm from... :holmes: I'm not from Whiston, nor Prescot but the place close to Prescot beginning with 'H'? I hope that gives it away enough :redface: You can decide if that makes me a wool :tongue:

Huyton?
Reply 510
Interview went well. The lady I met was really nice, chatted a bit about books and things, she seemed quite impressed with me so all good. Also she owns this really cool 50s style tea room in town which is pretty sweet. I'm thinking if I get this then I might take on a second volunteer thing, like with the Citizens Advice Bureau or something (used to work for them).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lethean girl
Being in a hospital in which you have to complete a meal plan to be allowed out, you have my sympathy. ; ; )Consider yourself hugged.

I know right! But I really want to go out for a day so ill just suck it up and try and force it down! :frown:

It's so hard I tell ya :frown:

---------

Thinking of getting an Internet dongle thingy so I can use my laptop whilst in here cause I'm currently running out of the 1GB I have on my phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right! But I really want to go out for a day so ill just suck it up and try and force it down! :frown:

It's so hard I tell ya :frown:

---------

Thinking of getting an Internet dongle thingy so I can use my laptop whilst in here cause I'm currently running out of the 1GB I have on my phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got a mobile modem, or "mifi". It's brilliant. That said, about once a month, staff suggest banning such things... I'd be so dreadfully lonely without the Internet, I really would, and so bored. I don't fit in with the other patients at all; I can't relate to them, they can't relate to me, and they don't speak to me.
I haven't felt this bad in a while. I can't talk about it, but I haven't felt like this in months. I'm missing a funeral today to revise/avoid getting stranded as I have an exam tomorrow morning and I can't help feeling that if I muck it up (which I will because I know nothing), then it's a horrid thing of me to do, like I'm a really bad person.
Reply 514
Original post by Aemiliana
:cry: I'm not sure I can do uni any more. I've made it further this year than before my interruption but I just... My exam tomorrow - I know nothing and I don't care. I just want to sleep and ignore uni and people and everything. And I've just found out that despite the DSO telling my school that I'm mainly (read: entirely) working from home, they failed to tell me when or how to chose modules and pick a dissertation topic. I have 9 days. Nine ****ing days.

My school scared everyone silly by saying we needed a project and supervisors etc all sorted by the end of term, but we later found out that lots of people are still deciding by next autumn - so it might not be an actual final final deadline if you see what I mean?
If you're not up for this exam, how about seeing if you can do it in the retake period instead?
There are always solutions, even when it feels like there aren't so try and keep calm. I know way easier said than done though :hugs:
Original post by Sultana
My school scared everyone silly by saying we needed a project and supervisors etc all sorted by the end of term, but we later found out that lots of people are still deciding by next autumn - so it might not be an actual final final deadline if you see what I mean?
If you're not up for this exam, how about seeing if you can do it in the retake period instead?
There are always solutions, even when it feels like there aren't so try and keep calm. I know way easier said than done though :hugs:

I don't need a title, thank God, but I do need a topic... I sort of know where I'm going with it but that could change drastically once I've had time to do some research!

I would much rather do that but 1) my parents will kill me (they don't know I've not been attending uni), 2) I can't afford to come up to Manchester to retake and 3) I'm missing a funeral today to attend this exam - if I don't go to the exam, then I'm an awful person.

Original post by lethean girl
I've got a mobile modem, or "mifi". It's brilliant. That said, about once a month, staff suggest banning such things... I'd be so dreadfully lonely without the Internet, I really would, and so bored. I don't fit in with the other patients at all; I can't relate to them, they can't relate to me, and they don't speak to me.

Ah okay ill look into it tomorrow :smile: I've been using my phone for FB and here mainly that's about it and a few videos here and there but I'm running out drastically fast :frown: I'm so bored myself! So I can relate :hugs: and yeah I'm on my own in this room barely have the energy to walk outside the damn room tbh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah okay ill look into it tomorrow :smile: I've been using my phone for FB and here mainly that's about it and a few videos here and there but I'm running out drastically fast :frown: I'm so bored myself! So I can relate :hugs: and yeah I'm on my own in this room barely have the energy to walk outside the damn room tbh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I barely, if ever, leave the bedroom assigned to me, except for meals and therapy meetings. It's scary, being around the other patients - I'm afraid that I'm going to kick off and either hurt somebody, be laughed at, or both. It's happened in the past when I've been forced to leave the room, and I know it will happen again. I skip group therapy almost every day, mostly for that purpose.

Do you have group therapy at your hospital, or is that one, ahem, luxury you've been denied?
Reply 518
Had a fairly bad flashback last night and it's really triggered a lot of thoughts of self hatred. Feeling vulnerable right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 519
Original post by Kayannk
Huyton?

Indeed :yes: I know that technically makes me a wool :getmecoat: :tongue:

Latest