The Student Room Group

Is psychology harder at uni than a level

I have heard that there isn't much difference between the difficulty of an a level in psychology and a degree, there's just more to learn. Can any body tell me if that's true?
Original post by F.louise
I have heard that there isn't much difference between the difficulty of an a level in psychology and a degree, there's just more to learn. Can any body tell me if that's true?

As you progress, of course it'll be harder. That's the point. However, it won't be a dramatic change and you'll be eased in to it. Don't worry!
You have less given to you - more reading and independent study to do. Plus it's less formulaic than the A Level (in a good way - less ticking boxes).
It also depends somewhat on what University you go to, and how much you enjoy it!
I've never done psychology at A-level, but as a Biology student I get to choose some psychology optional modules and I can safely say they're very, very easy. Psychology students somehow also appear to be more dedicated to work than students in my course for some reason.
This depends on what level you're working at. If you go through A levels getting Cs and Bs, then go to university and aim to pass/get a 2.2, then it's probably about the same level of difficulty.

If you get As and A*s at A level, and want to get a 1st class degree, you're going to really notice the difficulty increase between A level and Uni. It will be much harder.
I didn't really notice the change from getting A*s at A level to solid 2.1s at uni, although you have to put more work in, you will probably enjoy it more, as someone else mentioned, uni work is a lot less formulaic and not about ticking boxes which i found boring. If you want to get a first then you really need to self-motivate yourself alot (much more so than a level!). Also which uni you are at may make a difference!
Reply 7
is psychology harder than RE at a level ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending