The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Really really can't. brain so broken just need to stop now. can't keep on anymore too hard for me :cry:
Reply 521
Original post by Deyesy
Indeed :yes: I know that technically makes me a wool :getmecoat: :tongue:

I'd class that as a scouser tbh mate :smile: Lucky for you :wink:
Original post by lethean girl
I barely, if ever, leave the bedroom assigned to me, except for meals and therapy meetings. It's scary, being around the other patients - I'm afraid that I'm going to kick off and either hurt somebody, be laughed at, or both. It's happened in the past when I've been forced to leave the room, and I know it will happen again. I skip group therapy almost every day, mostly for that purpose.

Do you have group therapy at your hospital, or is that one, ahem, luxury you've been denied?

Same here.. I just physically barely have any energy really.. Dunno what I'm gonna be like tomorrow outside :erm: :hugs: I've never had group therapy or any kind of therapy before so I have no idea what it's like :/ but I'm sure if you go regularly it'll help you!

Nah.. I'm just in a regular hospital... They're tryna get my weight up and get my referrals for the ED clinic sorted out first before discharging me.. Spoke to a psych a few times and that's about it really :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -FireFlies-
Same here.. I just physically barely have any energy really.. Dunno what I'm gonna be like tomorrow outside :erm: :hugs: I've never had group therapy or any kind of therapy before so I have no idea what it's like :/ but I'm sure if you go regularly it'll help you!

Nah.. I'm just in a regular hospital... They're tryna get my weight up and get my referrals for the ED clinic sorted out first before discharging me.. Spoke to a psych a few times and that's about it really :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in a general hospital before referral to a mental one, too. That's the protocol they took - though, when I was in the general hospital, I wasn't allowed out at all, regardless of how much nutri-goo I forced down. Eek! Good luck on getting out~ I'm rooting for you.

I find group therapy very awkward, myself. I don't think it helps me at all. Which is a pity, really, as I'd hoped to walk away from the loony bin with a little more insight, if precious little else. This place isn't awfully therapeutic for me at all.

Don't let me scare you, though - perhaps, at your ED clinic (inpatient or outpatient?), things will be better. Treatment protocols vary wildly, as, of course, does actual practice. Don't worry.
Reply 524
Just a heads up that there are scenes of SH on The Vampire Diaries this week on ITV2.
Reply 525
Original post by Sultana
Really really can't. brain so broken just need to stop now. can't keep on anymore too hard for me :cry:

:hugs: I'm here if you want to talk/ need a distraction.
Reply 526
Original post by Aemiliana
I don't need a title, thank God, but I do need a topic... I sort of know where I'm going with it but that could change drastically once I've had time to do some research!

I would much rather do that but 1) my parents will kill me (they don't know I've not been attending uni), 2) I can't afford to come up to Manchester to retake and 3) I'm missing a funeral today to attend this exam - if I don't go to the exam, then I'm an awful person.

Sorry I've run out of words, but it really doesn't make you an awful person at all. There are lots of awful people in this world, but someone who is really struggling and has to make this tough choice to miss a funeral and maybe doesnt make their exam is definitely not included.
Reply 527
Original post by luno
Just a heads up that there are scenes of SH on The Vampire Diaries this week on ITV2.

Thanks for the warning :yes. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 528
Original post by luno
:hugs: I'm here if you want to talk/ need a distraction.

Thanks :hugs: I dont think i can really do words though, is too much. How are you? Seen anymore studio ghibli lately?
I was in a general hospital before referral to a mental one, too. That's the protocol they took - though, when I was in the general hospital, I wasn't allowed out at all, regardless of how much nutri-goo I forced down. Eek! Good luck on getting out~ I'm rooting for you.

I find group therapy very awkward, myself. I don't think it helps me at all. Which is a pity, really, as I'd hoped to walk away from the loony bin with a little more insight, if precious little else. This place isn't awfully therapeutic for me at all.

Don't let me scare you, though - perhaps, at your ED clinic (inpatient or outpatient?), things will be better. Treatment protocols vary wildly, as, of course, does actual practice. Don't worry.

I know I hate it! They had me on a feeding tube for like a week and a bit cause I outright refused solids.. But now I got to eat solids and its just bleugh! I had to literally beg my doc yesterday to let me have one day out.. He eventually agreed haha.

Gutted :frown: maybe tell them that it doesn't work and ask them for different forms of therapy?

I'm hoping to be outpatient tbh I don't think is actually survive if I was inpatient there.. I hate being here as it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 530
Original post by Sultana

:jumphug: So sorry to hear you're struggling so much. I wish there was something I could say to make things better. You're so strong for getting so far, and you're strong enough to carry on too. I'm here if ever you want to talk :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 531
Original post by Sultana

I know this is pretty damn useless, but I'll be around properly from 9:30-ish tonight if you could do with someone to talk to that's half-nocturnal and will be around till 3/3:30am-ish? :hugs:

Original post by Kayannk
I'd class that as a scouser tbh mate :smile: Lucky for you :wink:

Well I sound rather scouse too, so you wouldn't think I was technically a wool :ninja:
Original post by -FireFlies-
I know I hate it! They had me on a feeding tube for like a week and a bit cause I outright refused solids.. But now I got to eat solids and its just bleugh! I had to literally beg my doc yesterday to let me have one day out.. He eventually agreed haha.

Gutted :frown: maybe tell them that it doesn't work and ask them for different forms of therapy?

I'm hoping to be outpatient tbh I don't think is actually survive if I was inpatient there.. I hate being here as it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feeding tubes feel so degrading, but I honestly don't know what I prefer any more. Brr.

I have told them, and some staff don't object to my skipping, but others can get quite belligerent about it. They can't physically restrain me into the group room, though.

Inpatient is pretty horrible, really. There's so little control ceded to you, so much regimentation.
Reply 533
Original post by Sultana
Thanks :hugs: I dont think i can really do words though, is too much. How are you? Seen anymore studio ghibli lately?

Studio Ghibli is brilliant!
Reply 534
Original post by 08batee
:jumphug: So sorry to hear you're struggling so much. I wish there was something I could say to make things better. You're so strong for getting so far, and you're strong enough to carry on too. I'm here if ever you want to talk :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Same to you as well :hugs:

Original post by Deyesy
I know this is pretty damn useless, but I'll be around properly from 9:30-ish tonight if you could do with someone to talk to that's half-nocturnal and will be around till 3/3:30am-ish? :hugs:

:

Maybe take you up on that, thank you. :hugs: hope you're alright.

Original post by Delain
Studio Ghibli is brilliant!

Yep! What's your favourite?
Feeding tubes feel so degrading, but I honestly don't know what I prefer any more. Brr.

I have told them, and some staff don't object to my skipping, but others can get quite belligerent about it. They can't physically restrain me into the group room, though.

Inpatient is pretty horrible, really. There's so little control ceded to you, so much regimentation.

Tell me about it! I hated it honestly. Just glad I don't need to have it anymore.. Been threatened a few times with it if I didn't eat :erm:

Wow, if they're aware they should at least offer you something else! Don't you get one to one support?

That's the exact reason why I don't wanna go inpatient! Plus my doc here doesn't think it'll be beneficial to me... Especially at the amount of times I've kicked off here in a regular hospital! What in earth would I be like in the ED one :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 536
Original post by Sultana
Thanks. Same to you as well :hugs:

Maybe take you up on that, thank you. :hugs: hope you're alright.

Yep! What's your favourite?

Probably has to be Princess Mononoke, closely followed by Porco Rosso.
Has anyone had any experience in withdrawal/cutting down of antipsychotic and a psychotic episode? I would really like to know how to spot the difference.
Hey, how is everyone today? Been pretty depressed this week. First GCSE ever coming up in three weeks too. So perfect timing! :/
Reply 539
Original post by Delain
Probably has to be Princess Mononoke, closely followed by Porco Rosso.

Studio Ghibli films have to be the most uplifting, depression-friendly films I have seen in a long time. I love that they are so easy to watch and the colours and the characters are so beautiful. I think my favourite is Ponyo.

- -

Managed to make it through the day in one piece. Late finish at Uni so I'm really knackered but I feel ok now. Managed to get everything done at least.

Latest