The Student Room Group

English Lit Tips

Anyone got any good tips for English Literature AS?
Reply 1
Original post by callum_r
Anyone got any good tips for English Literature AS?

Hi! Maybe we can help with your question.

On Marked by Teachers, teachers and top students analyse all sorts of English essays to give you an insider's look into what makes a great essay. Come and visit our English essay section on Marked by Teachers and use this analysis and advice to write your own masterpiece at GCSE or A-level!

We're TSR's sister site, so you're sure to feel right at home straight away. Just take our free tour to see how we can help you with your studies.

Thanks!
Your English study helper
Reply 2
Hi, hope you see this in time for the exam!
For section A part 1 it's easier to do poets in my opinion. In this section you don't need to include an introduction or conclusion, just a paragraph on each of these will be enough - summery of the poem, voice, setting, form, structure, and language. Remember to explore the text and evaluate this by saying stuff like ' a compelling interpretation could be ...'

For section A part 2, it's a argument but its generally easier to agree with the quote they tell you, again you need to evaluate and it's marked on written quality, alternatie interpretations and on context

Finally for section B you need to talk about the other three texts, evaluate interpretations of them and explore them (no context needed)

Hope this helps! Good lucky ducky !
Reply 3
Hi,
I have my GCSE English Literature - Unit 1, on Monday. I'm starting to panick now as my teacher hasn't gone through the whole of the Martyn Pig book as she is never in. Does anyone have any revision materials/ notes on Martyn Pig? It would be a huge help!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest