The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HadiaA
I put root cell? Would I get the mark..or?

I'm pretty sure it was a root hair cell...I don't think it would have been as obvious as the epidermal cell as that was in the question!
Reply 21
I was going to wrote root hair cell but I wrote cortex :frown: why god why :frown:

Section A/C were easy but my god section B had some stinkers :frown:
So glad I'm not the only one who found Higher Biology horrible. No chance of an A now 😩😰 Was it just me or did anyone think this paper was completely different from other past papers? There were so many problem solving questions?!
Reply 23
Too many PS question IMO
Reply 24
I agree section b was horrid :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyndsaaayyy
So glad I'm not the only one who found Higher Biology horrible. No chance of an A now Was it just me or did anyone think this paper was completely different from other past papers? There were so many problem solving questions?!

completely agree! section B was just problem solving after problem solving after problem solving. What were the recombinants in the recombinant question, think it was like q7. i completely forgot what that was
Reply 26
i ticked the middle 2
i think i did to, complete guess but:L i left out so much :frown:
Reply 28
See for the diagram of meiosis, were we to fill in the two chromosomes or just one of them. I wrote the same in both of them haha. It didn't specify it just said fill in :frown:
Reply 29
Haha yeah the genetics questions were horrible ive,rarely seen them that difficult before?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For recombinants I ticked the middle two as well! The meiosis one was a complete guess, kept on scoring them out! :frown:
see the last question in the genetics one, what was the answer? i cant even remember the question but i put independant assortment but i think its wrong
Reply 32
I put independent assortment aswell but that was just a guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
it seems like my guesses may be working well for me for once :L did you say that it increases variation within a population for the whys it useful part?
Reply 34
Well that was horrendous. I waved my B goodbye :frown:
Reply 35
Yep increases variation and brings about a selective advantage idk if theyre the same thing or not aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah crap! I thought recombinants was crossing over and put that! Oh no
lets be positive...if everyone done badly then the boundaries willl get lowered. In the last few years its been like 71% for an A and those papers werent even bad so hopefully itll go down a few %
Reply 38
I put crossing over and not independant assortment
Reply 39
Idk I just guessed independent assortment :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending