The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DJMayes
It was reasonably challenging as far as C4 goes. Lots of beautifully awkward answers.

Really, well I shall have to keep that in mind for when I sit it.

It's a shame that no challenging integration questions appear in C4 as I asked my teacher today whether they could have an integral which contained an exponential and trig function in and she just laughed and said that's only ever included in FP3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MAyman12
Yes.

I'm messed up really bad. How many marks did you lose?

I lost 3-4 but will get them back for certain reasons that I don't want to keep saying, the paper wasn't really that challenging, seemed quite standard when going through it, even the moments one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
If they get lowered then its happy days for me too as I'll have a higher chance of getting the top score :biggrin:

I honestly just can't see that many people doing that poorly in the exam and even though the general opinion on TSR is it was a horrible paper this doesn't really give a good representation of the entire country, plus it tends to be that TSR contains a large proportion of the more able students.

For example I'm the only person in my entire year that has TSR and we normally get about 5-6 people in my Maths class doing at about an A grade or higher. So yeah, we can only wait until results day and see how it all goes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's annoying because I got 95+ in every mock exam. I feel like it was a waste of time. I really want my hard work to payoff, not wasted because of stupid hour and a half exam:frown:
It's annoying because I got 95+ in every mock exam. I feel like it was a waste of time. I really want my hard work to payoff, not wasted because of stupid hour and a half exam:frown:

Story of my M1 exam :yy:
I lost 3-4 but will get them back for certain reasons that I don't want to keep saying, the paper wasn't really that challenging, seemed quite standard when going through it, even the moments one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the moments one right but messed up the final answer. I think I would lose about 5 marks on this question because I needed this answer for part (b).
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Story of my M1 exam :yy:

So annoying right? Hopefully I can do better in C2.
So annoying right? Hopefully I can do better in C2.

Very! Me too!

Yeah unfortunately you're judged on how you do on the day and normally exam pressure affects people from achieving their best, I'm quite relaxed about it all and won't let it get to me as its pretty pointless if I did let it bother me, not even phased by my 10 exams left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 768
I did the moments one right but messed up the final answer. I think I would lose about 5 marks on this question because I needed this answer for part (b).

5 marks isn't a bad amount, there are people in my school that think they lost all 14 marks on that question, and one person who was expected to get an A thinks they lost around 20 marks. In the end though, we don't know what the grade boundaries will be, we don't know what UMS anything will correspond to, and it's difficult to know the exact number of marks you can get for error carried forward or method marks, so I wouldn't worry. Hopefully it'll come out better than you expect, but I think you should stop hating the exam so then you can concentrate on other exams and ace them instead :smile:

Yeah you did need to have the correct answer for the first part to get the correct answer on the second part but you should still get the method marks if you did it all correctly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah unfortunately you're judged on how you do on the day and normally exam pressure affects people from achieving their best, I'm quite relaxed about it all and won't let it get to me as its pretty pointless if I did let it bother me, not even phased by my 10 exams left.
Posted from TSR Mobile

10 exams this June?
10 exams this June?

Well 9 in June and one next Thursday, should be fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zaphod77
5 marks isn't a bad amount, there are people in my school that think they lost all 14 marks on that question, and one person who was expected to get an A thinks they lost around 20 marks. In the end though, we don't know what the grade boundaries will be, we don't know what UMS anything will correspond to, and it's difficult to know the exact number of marks you can get for error carried forward or method marks, so I wouldn't worry. Hopefully it'll come out better than you expect, but I think you should stop hating the exam so then you can concentrate on other exams and ace them instead :smile:

I did like the exam, but hated my performance.

Thank you for your encouragement.:biggrin:
This is me now - I've got core 2 and I've done past papers for it and I know the content fairly well but idk when it comes to the exam questions I feel lost and I really want an A in this exam - has anyone got any tips on how to specifically do well in core 2 please ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 774
I did like the exam, but hated my performance.

Thank you for your encouragement.:biggrin:

I had that in a Biology exam once, but then I just went and aced the next one :tongue: At least it's not an A* module, that's something! Just go and smash the other exams, and then you can forget about 1 off day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only wish I could get a couple out of the way early...

(Currently fuming. Did a STEP question which explicitly asked for a volume of revolution formed about the line y = -1 but the solution did it about the x-axis...)
Original post by joostan

Spoiler

Well done! :wink:
Good luck:yy:

Thanks, it's all going to go my way and I'll get the A*'s to get into Warwick with quite a few 100's too! :biggrin: Then there is always AEA and STEP that'll most likely bring me crashing down to reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Did AQA core 2 and core 1 resit on Monday, and i think it went quite well,
What about everyone else?

Latest

Trending

Trending