The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sneakbo2
looooooooooooool :hahaha: that's the funniest thing i've heard all day. Lmao wait till they're shocked on results day. I'm expecting you to report back that 150 people got an a* hahahahahaha i can't breathe

lool omg your quote backs make me die
Original post by ThatGirlx
lool omg your quote backs make me die

ahaha the things some people say here are so stupid, it's incredible.
Original post by sneakbo2
ahaha the things some people say here are so stupid, it's incredible.

LOL yeh
- like the question about tadpoles, Structure X being limbs for sensitivity :banana2:
I took the exam yesterday and my teacher thinks the grade boundaries will be a lot lower than b2 so around 42 for an a*. For an a* overall I need around 85 ums in each exam because I got 100 ums in the coursework.
Hmm for the question about the hepatic portal vein (the vein carrying blood from the small intestine to the liver) having a large glucose concentration, people say that because the person just had a meal, their glucose levels are gonna be high. However what I put was that the Amylase enzyme, which I believe also works in the small intestine, converted the starch from his meal into sugar, glucose and that is why the blood coming from the small intestine had lots of glucose. I mean it seems reasonable and makes sense unless somebody could tell me why this isn't correct.
Did anyone get 0.6 for the maths question on transpiration? The 6 marks question wanted us to talk about indoor farming and how the control movement and body temperature and the advantages and disadvantages of each. Right? Also, for the blood vessels question, the order was artery, capillary and vein, was it???
LOL yeh
- like the question about tadpoles, Structure X being limbs for sensitivity :banana2:

Ahahahahah foolish people
Original post by Emzytaylorxoxo
I took the exam yesterday and my teacher thinks the grade boundaries will be a lot lower than b2 so around 42 for an a*. For an a* overall I need around 85 ums in each exam because I got 100 ums in the coursework.

What was your raw marks for the isa if you don't mind telling me because then I can compare what I got an estimate the grade boundaries. Please reply.
LOL yeh

What was the actual answer? I thought it didn't even ask what structure it was just a substance other than food that is exchanged by it?
Reply 1789
Original post by Captain Anonymous
oh ;/ hopefully they're lowe, i think i've got between 46-49 so hopefully enough for around 90+ UMS?

Same hoping I got 50+ and hoping that an A* is around 46
From what everyone's saying the average grade boundary for A* is around 44-46...
Original post by a.abdulaziz
What was your raw marks for the isa if you don't mind telling me because then I can compare what I got an estimate the grade boundaries. Please reply.

I got 47 I think. We got our results a while back :-)
Original post by DanTheMan358
What was the actual answer? I thought it didn't even ask what structure it was just a substance other than food that is exchanged by it?

For the first question it was what substance it exchanged and I wrote oxygen.

For the second part I just wrote it had a large surface area to exchange oxygen. This meant the rate of diffusion increased to its maximum..
I think I wrote some crap about this allowed respiration for growth and survival

Wbu?
Can someone do a unofficial mark scheme for b3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
there is one in progress...
For the first question it was what substance it exchanged and I wrote oxygen.

For the second part I just wrote it had a large surface area to exchange oxygen. This meant the rate of diffusion increased to its maximum..
I think I wrote some crap about this allowed respiration for growth and survival

Wbu?

Yeh, I wrote something along the same lines as that :smile:
Original post by Captain Anonymous
there is one in progress...

Do you have the link for it :smile:
my school have given us the guideline that in the iSA's
i dont know how correct they are

45/50 = 90 ums
46/50 = 92 ums
47/50 = 94 ums
48/50 = 98 ums
49+/50 = 100 ums

apparently they don't do odd ums marks for the iSA and the ums goes up by 2 points each time
those boundaries are really high, its other way round, they do odd marks, so lik 01,93,95 and then end with an even 98....
91*

Latest

Trending

Trending