The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by leonnabrown
Did anyone sit the revised human biology exam? It was horrendous. I have never felt so bad after an exam. I felt like I barely revised even though I done loads of revision.

I didn't do that but yeah that's exactly how i feel and all that studying and revising for nothing :angry: & every question that i didnt want to come up just had to appear.
Reply 41
Original post by stahh.x
oii don't beat yourself over it what's done is done :frown: & anyway it could be the other way round and iv just lost 10 marks or maybe it was to mention both of that? ...feel like knocking out the people who made this years paper fu*king di*kheads!!

Yeah :/ Feel like crying hahaha.
Reply 42
What did people get for the ratio q? 1:30?

And what did you write about the split brain patient?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AHHHH !!!! My future is pretty much gone now. I needed an A ... Cries into wall
Original post by Aay
What did people get for the ratio q? 1:30?

And what did you write about the split brain patient?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feck I put like 1:4 ...
Reply 45
I wrote that the nucleus transferred information because it contains DNA
Original post by christinaaxox
A good answer for the function of the nucleus of a neuron could be to contain the genetic material needed to encode for the proteins required for neurotransmitters!

Although it's important to note that there's a difference between "proteins required for neurotransmitters" and "neurotransmitters" - you'd be getting into shaky territory with the latter!
Reply 47
Dear god that was horrific:frown: I am so miserable now! Does anyone think the cut off mark for a B will come down? I was wanting an A but now I'll be completely shocked if I even get a B... awww I feel like crying, I felt so prepared, I revised so much and now I feel it hasn't paid off at all :'(
Reply 48
I got 1:30 for the ratio
Original post by Faye__1996
Feck I put like 1:4 ...

It was 1:4

there was like 10% of one of them so that means 20% was with its pair (i think it was adenine and thymine i cant remember which one it told you) which makes 80% left over and you half that because theres cytosine and guanine and it gives you 40% giving you a 1:4 ratio :smile:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Although it's important to note that there's a difference between "proteins required for neurotransmitters" and "neurotransmitters" - you'd be getting into shaky territory with the latter!

Yeah definitely! I didn't even sit the exam today, I sat it last year haha! Really want to see this years paper though and compare it :smile:
It is always around 90 marks out of the 130 to get an A, last year it was 87 :smile:

I think they might lover it to 85 so i think we will all be okay!
Reply 52
What did everyone put for the last multiple choice question about the apples?
Original post by christinaaxox
Yeah definitely! I didn't even sit the exam today, I sat it last year haha! Really want to see this years paper though and compare it :smile:

I know, everyone is all panicky and scared. I just want to go through the paper to reassure them and tell them it'll all be fine. :colondollar:
Original post by Neuer
What did everyone put for the last multiple choice question about the apples?

Resistance to disease i put!
Everyone is stressing out so much, you tried your hardest in the exam and that's all anyone can ask you for!
Last year the grade boundries were pretty reasonable:

A1 - 78%
A- 67%
B - 55%
C - 45%
D - 39%

So I would expect they would be pretty much the same this year :smile: xo
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I know, everyone is all panicky and scared. I just want to go through the paper to reassure them and tell them it'll all be fine. :colondollar:

Haha awkt me too, poor things!
Reply 57
the second essay question was way too unfair!!! anyone got the answers for the multiple choices by any chance? and also, what did you all answer for the split brain question?
Reply 58
What did everyone put for the respiratory substrates? Fatty acids, Glucose and CO2??
Original post by ShireenA7
the second essay question was way too unfair!!! anyone got the answers for the multiple choices by any chance? and also, what did you all answer for the split brain question?

The left eye is controlled by the right side of the brain. As the right side has control over the left arm the man can show the object he has read with the left eye by pointing or lifting. The right eye is controlled by the left side of the brain. As the man sees the word spoon with the right eye and the language production centre is on the left side of the brain the man is able to say the word spoon.

^ something like that :smile: im not sure if i have them the right way around but you know what i mean!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending