The Student Room Group

AS English Lit Exam - 17th May

Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone sat the OCR English Lit Poetry and Prose paper in January this year, and knew the questions for Dorian Gray and Yeats? It's a new syllabus so the only past paper I can view is last June, and I neeeed examples! So worried!

Thank youuu!!
Reply 1
Original post by lauralauraanne
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone sat the OCR English Lit Poetry and Prose paper in January this year, and knew the questions for Dorian Gray and Yeats? It's a new syllabus so the only past paper I can view is last June, and I neeeed examples! So worried!

Thank youuu!!

I'm after the questions for Dorian Gray too!! So stressed about this!! Has your teacher predicted what might come up for Dorian Gray??
Reply 2
She thinks either influence/obsession or the presentation of women! But they were just guesses - she highly doubted it would be on class or art, as they have been covered recently. The possible themes she gave us were:
aestheticism
hedonism
influence
obsession
nature
symbolism
women
art
class divisions
dualism
relationships
youth
heaven and hell

Has yours predicted anything?
Reply 3
anyone got anything predictions for Yeats or Frankenstein??

And when is everyone's exam ? anybody happen to have it BEFORE Friday afternoon ?? :tongue:
Reply 4
Easter 1916 or September 1913, they've covered change and memories/old age in the last 2 exams, so our teacher thinks it'll be a political poem, possibly about disillusionment :-)
Reply 5
Original post by S.B_123
I'm after the questions for Dorian Gray too!! So stressed about this!! Has your teacher predicted what might come up for Dorian Gray??

'The novel is heavy with moral and spiritual corruption' (Victorian review)

How far and in what ways do you agree with this view of The Picture of Dorian Gray?

'Time is not really suspended, even for the novel's beautiful young hero'.

In light of this comment, discuss ways in which Wilde portrays time passing in The Picture of Dorian Gray

Found it! Hope this helps :-)
Hey guys, there's already a thread for this and we're all discussing different things that might come up for the OCR exam so come and join us :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2301116&page=9&p=42635997#post42635997
Reply 7

How far and in what ways do you agree with this view of The Picture of Dorian Gray?

In light of this comment, discuss ways in which Wilde portrays time passing in The Picture of Dorian Gray

is this for fridays exam??? how did you find it? and are you sure!?
Reply 8
Original post by daisyleigh
is this for fridays exam??? how did you find it? and are you sure!?

No, haha.. I wish! That was from the january exam :-)
Reply 9

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending