The Student Room Group

Astrophysics extra reading

I'm currently looking into reading Physics with Astrophysics at uni, and was wondering if there's any extra reading available? There are lots of journals etc online but they're all a bit over my head, being an AS student at the moment, but I do want to expand my knowledge a bit... Any suggestions? Thanks!
Carl Sagan's books are good - Cosmos and Pale Blue Dot are both cool. Plus I enjoyed Hawking's A Brief History of Time.
Popular science books are in my opinion a good place to start, especially at A level, and then you can pick on topics you find especially interesting and go from there. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xodeneal
I'm currently looking into reading Physics with Astrophysics at uni, and was wondering if there's any extra reading available? There are lots of journals etc online but they're all a bit over my head, being an AS student at the moment, but I do want to expand my knowledge a bit... Any suggestions? Thanks!

Maybe on a slight tangent but I'd highly recommend Neil deGrasse Tyson's 'Space Chronicles'

It's about the future of NASA and how they have recently ended their space shuttle program and the possibility of them being overtaken by the likes of China and India.
(edited 10 years ago)
Not astro, but general physics: 6 easy pieces by Richard Feynman.

Quick Reply

Latest