The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aay
I got fatty acids etc aswell.

For the hormones one, what was the structure called and function?

Also there was a systole diagram one, what did you calculate the vol of blood being?

In the multiple choice there was one about hormones x and y, what did you get ?

Im just posting all the questions I remember sorry :tongue:

Defos not getting an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it the sructure Z? If it was that I said the seminal vesicles and the provided fructose

My volume of blood was something like 60 ish I remeber it going from 120 something to 60 something

I think for X and Y I had oestrogen and progesterone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aay
It was like about the testes and hormones a written question. What did you write as the hormons? And it said something like this structure provides nutrients for semen, cant remember prpperly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FSH I put for the hormone and interstitial cells was there.. something to do with testosterone.

Seminal vesicle provides fructose i put somewhere too
Reply 82
Original post by Aay
I got fatty acids etc aswell.

For the hormones one, what was the structure called and function?

Also there was a systole diagram one, what did you calculate the vol of blood being?

In the multiple choice there was one about hormones x and y, what did you get ?

Im just posting all the questions I remember sorry :tongue:

Defos not getting an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

you need to be more specific, i genuinely cannot remember anything at all!

systole one a number with 5's and 2's and 0... something like 5250 or something, idk. i hate problem solving.

hormones x and y were oestrogen and progesterone (i think)
Reply 83
Original post by LovePeaceChocolate
Was it the sructure Z? If it was that I said the seminal vesicles and the provided fructose

My volume of blood was something like 60 ish I remeber it going from 120 something to 60 something

I think for X and Y I had oestrogen and progesterone

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that but i wrote the prostate gland and it provides prostaglandins :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annwebb
What about the questions about what happens to acetyl coA when it enters the kerbs cycle?

and the one about the disorder when chromosomes don't separate properly during meiosis?

Acetyl CoA joins with a 4 carbon intermediate to form Citric acid

non disjunction
Reply 85
Original post by annwebb
What about the questions about what happens to acetyl coA when it enters the kerbs cycle?

and the one about the disorder when chromosomes don't separate properly during meiosis?

joins with a 4-carbon compound to make citric acid is what i said, have no idea if it's right or not.

non-disjunction...?
Original post by Aay
I thought that but i wrote the prostate gland and it provides prostaglandins :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They will probably accept both because the both aid fertilisation, they weren't specific on that structure it was :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
what did you all put for the table thing at the bottom of the hormone question, where it asked about the % of Y chromosome in each type of cell?
Reply 88
Original post by annwebb
I think you would've got the mark although the prostate gland doesn't produce prostaglandins, it produces a fluid at the correct viscosity for the sperm to swim in.

seminal vesicles produce prostaglandins, which I put...

Awww sheeit. Aw well :/ Its defos not the only thing ive got wrong lolol
Original post by ShireenA7
what did you all put for the table thing at the bottom of the hormone question, where it asked about the % of Y chromosome in each type of cell?

I think i put 50%
Reply 90
Original post by xhannahdoherty
Acetyl CoA joins with a 4 carbon intermediate to form Citric acid

non disjunction

I got non disjunction too but put that it becomes a 2x 6c citric acid, didn't write about the 4C intermediate so I'm not sure if ill get the mark..
Reply 91

100 and 50- TOTAL GUESS.
When's your next exam? Mine is English but its like the only one I'm confident ill get an A in!!!
Reply 93
What did you write for the guitar playing one, i dont think my answers were worded correctly.
Reply 94

I put 0 and 50 ... had no idea!
I said something about the teacher getting succesive approximations of the desired response cause thats the definition we were told to remeber.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annwebb
I put that too, it was also a total guess

The sperm mother cell cant have 100% Y chromosomes otherwise how does the mature sperm end up with 50% X and 50% Y?
I put that too, again a complete guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by annwebb
first one) rehearsal aids transfer from STM to LTM

teacher uses successive approximations to create desired response (or something along those lines)

Didnt get the first one, got the second one- in the first one i was so rushed for time i kinda wrote along the lines of practice makes perfect :facepalm:
Reply 99
Original post by xhannahdoherty
The sperm mother cell cant have 100% Y chromosomes otherwise how does the mature sperm end up with 50% X and 50% Y?

because it divides into 4 new cells that will all have different chromosomes, the mother cell has to be XY so that each cell will be something like X, X, Y, Y...

this was my theory aha, so i said 100% and 50%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending