The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faye__1996
Well done! Quite scared for maths though! Int 2 last year in S4 was hell, I missed out like all of paper 2 but got an A :s swear that wasn't my result lol

I have a feeling maths should be fine because the higher paper last year was okay apart from a horrible log question which was worth 8 marks so there shouldnt be anything too bad this year!
Original post by StudyMe
I said that too, most likely means we're right then :P Woo

It would definitely be a bonus if we were! I'm just hoping I've done enough for a B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by xhannahdoherty
What was the ratio for?

antibodies to lactose i think
Original post by ShireenA7

ah, i got
20:600 = 2:60 = 1:30 which should be right because mostly everyone else has it
Reply 124

Yeah thats the one. It was 5 to 6, and then you times it by something. All my friends got 1:30, so I must have been wrong, again.
Original post by JackE5
Yeah thats the one. It was 5 to 6, and then you times it by something. All my friends got 1:30, so I must have been wrong, again.

I got nothing to do with 5 to 6 :confused:
Well all we can do is study for the rest of our exams and wait until August. boo :frown:
Original post by JackE5

Yeah it was 5:6 then because they were in different units you times it by something ... I think I may have got 1:10 I can't remember
Yeah it was 5:6 then because they were in different units you times it by something ... I think I may have got 1:10 I can't remember

I had 20:600 which is the same as 1:30 :frown:
Reply 129
Its definitely 1:30, although I admit the graph was confusing and I had to do it twice!
No need for the neg, I'm sure none of us got 100%! Chill ooot
Reply 131
1-Actin/Myosin question- I got contraction of musles
2- Table regarding the protein structure, got D and pretty sure its wrong
There was the adanine and cytosine q- 1:4 I got,
The family tree, I got recessive and not sex linked
The protein- 2 different genes or something- I wrote co-dominance?
The next one was about polygenic inheritance and I know I got this one wrong, it was like pick three, I guessed and got it wrong :tongue:
One said which group will be affected by social facilitation- 3 and 4 ?
One was the hormone one regarding the graph, I got x= oest/y=prog
The rhesus one- I got second kid to a neg mother and positive father?
Very last mc question- about the apple- disease resistant?
There were other ones like put the process of viral replication in order and stuff, there was the shapes one, I wrote a larger surface area to volume and think its wrong.
There was a question about how much the percentage had increased- did people get 180%?
There was a multiple choice question and it showed plants, I think I wrote light intensity and temp but cant remember the question??
From the second paper, did you write enzyme activation and the fact it would digest the pancreas if not produced in an inactive form?
What did you write about the 3 marker question- it was saying something about he exercises and his heart rate increases, talk about nervous system and how it increases volume of blood? And did you get 75bpm for his rate?
See in the essays for the kidney, even if I bullet pointed and lost my coherence and relvance mark, and talked about stuff like loop of henle, proximal conv tubule and how it reabsorbs glucose etc, could I pick up a few marks?
Reply 132

No idea why you got negged for that, gave you a wee + to balance it up :lol:

Who neg'd you? jesus its only an answer people :L
Reply 134
1 - methane question (was at the end I think)

2- last multiple choice question

3- true/false question in the multiple choice

4- the question with the baby where you had to say what the vessel was that was going up the way

...GO!
Reply 135
Original post by Aay
The next one was about polygenic inheritance and I know I got this one wrong, it was like pick three, I guessed and got it wrong :tongue:
There were other ones like put the process of viral replication in order and stuff, there was the shapes one, I wrote a larger surface area to volume and think its wrong.
There was a question about how much the percentage had increased- did people get 180%?
There was a multiple choice question and it showed plants, I think I wrote light intensity and temp but cant remember the question??
From the second paper, did you write enzyme activation and the fact it would digest the pancreas if not produced in an inactive form?
What did you write about the 3 marker question- it was saying something about he exercises and his heart rate increases, talk about nervous system and how it increases volume of blood? And did you get 75bpm for his rate?
See in the essays for the kidney, even if I bullet pointed and lost my coherence and relvance mark, and talked about stuff like loop of henle, proximal conv tubule and how it reabsorbs glucose etc, could I pick up a few marks?

i'm pretty sure i got the same answers as you apart from the protein structure one, for which i got helix-hydrogen
and i did the liver essay :smile:
i'm pretty sure i got the same answers as you apart from the protein structure one, for which i got helix-hydrogen

Secondary - helix - hydrogen :smile:?
Reply 137
Original post by Aay

I really hope you get an A because I have almost all the exact same answers, except for variables I out down temperature and ph because there was a black sheet blocking it, I seriously have no idea. For polygenic inheritance I wrote height, hand span and skin tone. Also for the baby question I wrote lifts head, rolls and then crawls??? Also for another question, deindividuation?? However I spelt that as deindividualisation . And the other one internalisation?
Reply 138
Original post by xhannahdoherty
Secondary - helix - hydrogen :smile:?

yeaaaah :smile:!
I got 280% for the increased percentage.. woops

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending