The Student Room Group

Oxford gang found guilty of grooming and sexually exploiting girls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by interact
They are easier targets and that's why they've been raped, that's what I've argued. If Pakistani women were easily available, like they are in the poor areas of Pakistan then they would have been grooming Pakistani girls too. There are many poor pakistani women in the UK, but the difference is that they have the protection of thier families. That's what I've argued. I've not put any fingers in my ears, unlike some people. The number of Pakistani girls in care and without a family, and without a father figure is very low in comparison to these victims.

Again, you have just addressed the ethnicity of the victims. You have completely ignored the part about the ethnicity of the perpetrators, despite roughly half of my post being about it. They are quite possibly two entirely separate things (where the ethnicity of the victims may be entirely incidental, for reasons mentioned by both of us), so why are you completely dismissing a cultural cause on the part of the perpetrators? The fact that you didn't even mention them here in response to my points reeks of sticking your fingers in your ears.
Reply 161
Original post by Umar1
This.

One of the father of the men in this case says he regrets not teaching his sons about religion (islam).

Posted from TSR Mobile

All I hear these days is about people saying all asian men are perverts and how its a cultural/religious problem. Which it isn't. Its just a small minority of men doing it and they should be punished, if anything hanged.

However when we have the same problem with middle aged white British men, no one mentions their race or says they have a cultural or religious problem. How is that fair really? Regardless of race/religion. BOTH SETS should be hanged.
Reply 162
Original post by Zizi11
Its not a cultural/religious at all. In Derby the same thing happened but all the criminals where white men doing it and all the victims white young girls yet and the story barely made the newspapers as it is.

The idea that there was another gang of white men doing the same thing does not mean there's no cultural or religious link. The fact that there are regular people who abuse little boys (and priests who don't) doesn't mean that there isn't a specific problem in the Catholic Church, for example.
Reply 163
Original post by Ronove
The idea that there was another gang of white men doing the same thing does not mean there's no cultural or religious link. The fact that there are regular people who abuse little boys (and priests who don't) doesn't mean that there isn't a specific problem in the Catholic Church, for example.

You barely hear about it though. The way two stories were portrayed on the media was completely different. Its considered much more horrendous when the men were of asian origins and muslims.
Reply 164
Original post by Zizi11
You barely hear about it though. The way two stories were portrayed on the media was completely different. Its considered much more horrendous when the men were of asian origins and muslims.

Because it is perceived as an emerging trend and people want to be kept informed of it. No-one's pretending the media don't have their own motives. They don't just fabricate new gangs of Pakistani sex offenders, though. Equally, they won't just completely fail to report on something similar done by white men; it's still shocking and repulsive.
Original post by Umar1
Please tell me your not being serious.

Overwhelmingly Muslim THROUGHOUT Europe????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol how is this outrageous to you? there are statistics backing it up.. In Norway alone:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/346059
Original post by Theoneoranro
Yeah but you're talking about how it's a racial issue. If you're pakistani= more likely to commit a crime. What about the many many westernised pakistanis who don't even follow the culture of their ancestors? You're generalising. And if race isn't the problem then wtf are you complaining about? Stop saying pakistani, I don't say 'white' everytime a white man does something wrong so I expect the same back, call them scum because that's what they are, they're a disgrace to us so don't even try to associate us with them, I would break your jaw if you or anyone else tried to link me to these people in any way in real life, just because they happen to have parents who came from the same place as mine it doesn't mean i'm anything like them. And what about all the other places with similar cultures to the pakistani culture? I'm not sure if you know this or not but in the pakistani culture it's looked down on even if you give a girl you're not related to/married to a kiss on the cheek never mind rape lol what drug are you on?

It is not a racial problem but it is a subcultural problem, a subculture within the Pakistani Muslim community to be precise. If this were not true, then why is it that Pakistani muslim men are so massively over-represented in the grooming statistics? They are a small minority of this country and yet the percentage of them involved in grooming is very, very high. Why are the gangs in Rochdale, Telford, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Rotherham, Derby, Liverpool and other cities and towns across the country (including more recently Oxford), why is it that there is massive over-representation of Muslim Pakistanis in these paedophile gangs?

Could you answer me this question, without the abuse and the threats. This is all too easy to do on the internet. I'm probably a good few years older than you, and in terms of men I've confronted face to face in the past and had to deal with in work every day, take it from me you wouldn't make it into the top 100 son. I have no doubt whatsoever that you are nothing like any of these men, but there is a problem here within the Muslim Pakistani community and one that many Muslim Pakistani people state needs urgent attention. For some reason you are taking this personally. This is not you doing this, but members of the Muslim Pakistani community doing this.

Burying your head in the sand and living in denial doesn't deal with the problem. It'll simply go on.
Reply 167
Correlation doesn't always mean a causal relationship, but what happened was horrific - especially that the girls were ignored for so long.
Reply 168
Original post by AverageExcellence
Lol how is this outrageous to you? there are statistics backing it up.. In Norway alone:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/346059

Where are the statistics?

That link has just listed every high profile incidence of rape committed by muslims.

Typical propaganda article.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lazar Wolf
It is not a racial problem but it is a subcultural problem, a subculture within the Pakistani Muslim community to be precise. If this were not true, then why is it that Pakistani muslim men are so massively over-represented in the grooming statistics? They are a small minority of this country and yet the percentage of them involved in grooming is very, very high. Why are the gangs in Rochdale, Telford, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Rotherham, Derby, Liverpool and other cities and towns across the country (including more recently Oxford), why is it that there is massive over-representation of Muslim Pakistanis in these paedophile gangs?

Could you answer me this question, without the abuse and the threats. This is all too easy to do on the internet. I'm probably a good few years older than you, and in terms of men I've confronted face to face in the past and had to deal with in work every day, take it from me you wouldn't make it into the top 100 son. I have no doubt whatsoever that you are nothing like any of these men, but there is a problem here within the Muslim Pakistani community and one that many Muslim Pakistani people state needs urgent attention. For some reason you are taking this personally. This is not you doing this, but members of the Muslim Pakistani community doing this.

Burying your head in the sand and living in denial doesn't deal with the problem. It'll simply go on.

A few hundred pakistanis have been convicted of grooming, what's your point? How is that representing any community in the world. If it was 100000 then i'd see you're point but I don't now.
Most pakistanis in Britain don't know anyone who actually takes part in grooming, so how on earth are they going to stop anyone? I don't see how i'm supposed to stop something from happening when it's impossible to do so. You f*cking make me sick, apply your own logic to white people too, there's white people committing many of the same crimes but white people don't have to stand up to it do they? My house was robbed by a white gang and I know white gangs which have gone around robbing asian families and beating up old women, do we hate white people now? No because we know it's only a few of them. Go sort out these white people who are going around robbing everyone, that's also a crime and white people/black people are over represented in those statistics but you haven't got the balls to say anything about that so you just pick on asians. I don't know why asians take this crap on a daily basis. Black people stopped taking it after a while and then white people were too scared to say anything to them after that (even though they're over represented in many more crimes than asians are), we should do the same. It's only asians who have to be responsible for people of their own race but not white people. I'm not racist at all but seriously white people should stop thinking they're so great because it's pissing a lot of people off. I've got a lot of white friends and i've got a white girlfriend, i've integrated but I can see why other asians don't and this makes me want to stay away from white people, if you guys don;t like us then we're not gonna beg you. First it was black people now it's asians.
Original post by Umar1
Where are the statistics?

That link has just listed every high profile incidence of rape committed by muslims.

Typical propaganda article.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't publish what religion the person or race is in official records because it would be seen as racist and irrelevant, this isn't Nazi Germany.

but heres speculations just from Norway alone: http://europenews.dk/en/node/63520
They don't publish what religion the person or race is in official records because it would be seen as racist and irrelevant, this isn't Nazi Germany.

but heres speculations just from Norway alone: http://europenews.dk/en/node/63520

Lol he sends a link to a far right racist website for proof. That's like sending a link to the BNP wesbite to prove something. In the end of the day you're probably just another white kid who pretends to be nice to everyone but when he goes home he starts acting alpha and posting about how much he hates asians/muslims. But in real life he's too scared to say anything to a pakistani
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 172

So how can you assume that just because of a few cases of rape committed by muslims, that the "overwhelming majority"of rapes or sexual abuse in Europe are committed by muslims despite there being no evidence for this?

You said you had STATISTICS, not "speculation" from an anti Islam site that the "overwhelming majority" of rape or sexual abuse in Europe are committed by muslims.

The above link is to an anti Islam website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
So how can you assume that just because of a few cases of rape committed by muslims, that the "overwhelming majority"of rapes or sexual abuse in Europe are committed by muslims despite there being no evidence for this?

You said you had STATISTICS, not "speculation" from an anti Islam site that the "overwhelming majority" of rape or sexual abuse in Europe are committed by muslims.

The above link is to an anti Islam website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Qur’an 23:1-6—The believers must (eventually) win through—those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity; who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess—for (in their case) they are free from blame.
A few hundred pakistanis have been convicted of grooming, what's your point? How is that representing any community in the world. If it was 100000 then i'd see you're point but I don't now.
Most pakistanis in Britain don't know anyone who actually takes part in grooming, so how on earth are they going to stop anyone? I don't see how i'm supposed to stop something from happening when it's impossible to do so. You f*cking make me sick, apply your own logic to white people too, there's white people committing many of the same crimes but white people don't have to stand up to it do they? My house was robbed by a white gang and I know white gangs which have gone around robbing asian families and beating up old women, do we hate white people now? No because we know it's only a few of them. Go sort out these white people who are going around robbing everyone, that's also a crime and white people/black people are over represented in those statistics but you haven't got the balls to say anything about that so you just pick on asians. I don't know why asians take this crap on a daily basis. Black people stopped taking it after a while and then white people were too scared to say anything to them after that (even though they're over represented in many more crimes than asians are), we should do the same. It's only asians who have to be responsible for people of their own race but not white people. I'm not racist at all but seriously white people should stop thinking they're so great because it's pissing a lot of people off. I've got a lot of white friends and i've got a white girlfriend, i've integrated but I can see why other asians don't and this makes me want to stay away from white people, if you guys don;t like us then we're not gonna beg you. First it was black people now it's asians.

You say you're not racist but your remarks above (highlighted in bold) certainly point to a chip being on your shoulder.

Perhaps I should point out the facts again:
"CEOP study:

http://www.channel4.com/news/ceop-wa...grooming-study

In their words:

In the grooming statistics, 49% were white and 46% Asian: the proportion of Pakistani Asians remains unknown. However, in a country where Asians constitute 7% of the general population, this is a striking figure.

We believe that there are two main profiles of the on-street groomer. First, we have the white offenders, who typically offend alone. So far, nothing new: the lone white male is the norm for UK child sex offences. Second, however, there are Asian offenders, many of whom are of Pakistani origin. They seem much more likely to offend in groups, lending their abuse a curiously social dimension. In our research, which focuses on large offending groups, we analysed police data from five major on-street grooming investigations. Of the 52 suspects charged, 83% were Asian Pakistani, 11% Asian other and 6% white British. These are shocking statistics and the over-representation of Asian offenders within this dataset certainly merits attention."

How many times must I tell you that I am not saying that all Pakistanis or all Muslims or all Pakistani Muslims for that matter are doing this. It is a subculture held by a minority of them, and one that needs to be rooted out. Education,the influence of communities and community leaders, passing information to the police and not ignoring these crimes would destroy the subcultural fabric of these grooming gangs. Grooming gangs occur when groups of men get together, groups of men who think it is all right to have sex with children. They share the same ideas, the same motivation, and form the grooming gang. there are white grooming gangs, there are black grooming gangs, and there are also Muslimi Pakistani grooming gangs. What has shocked me and millioins like me is the overrepresentation of Muslim Pakistanis in the grooming statistics.

When Stephen Lawrence was murdered by white youths, and the family were let down by the judicial system in this country, the white host majority had to take a long look at itself and admit to racist elements in their society and institutions, and since then efforts have been made to stamp out racism whenever possible in all walks of life. When there is massive overrepresentation of Muslim Pakistanis amongst the grooming paedophile statistics, along with prosecution of course, the onus falls on community leaders and people of the aforementioned community to do something abuot this. Many notable Muslim Pakistanis have had the courage to do so:

Mohammed Shafiq, chairman of the Ramadan Foundation:has said there is a "problem" of British Pakistani men thinking "white girls are worthless and can be abused".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17996245

Nazir Afzal has stated that some Pakistani men have 'cultural baggage'.

And here there are the words of Lady Warsi, chairwoman of the conservative party and a British Pakistani Muslim, who has stated that a 'Minority Of Pakistani Men Think White Girls Are 'Fair Game' For Sex Abuse

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/18/baroness-warsi-pakistani-sex-abuse-white_n_1526854.html

These people, Muslim Pakistanis, have had the guts to speak out and identify this very real problem. You haven't. The more people bury their heads in the sand, the more children like the ones tortured and abused in Oxford will suffer.
Reply 175

I don't see where the poster you're replying to said anything about it being the responsibility of Pakistani Muslim communities to sort this out at all, or about it being OK to have discriminatory attitudes towards Pakistani Muslims. You appear to be suffering from a severe logic breakdown.

lol yes lets revert to hating on blacks and their all-powerful race card, we can take the heat off muslims that way.

this is a good analysis of why political correctness allowed these crimes to continue: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/seanthomas/100217075/oxford-gang-rape-did-people-ignore-this-sort-of-scandal-because-racist-nick-griffin-was-the-first-to-mention-them/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 177
I understand why cultural vindication takes priority for some people, but all vehemently denying a possible connection does is reduce progress (which could help stop this happening in the future!). By all means, don't let your culture and religion be generalised with these people, but surely you want to determine if something in either is leading to these acts!

Too often I see people crying over media bias... 'oh why didn't they headline these white people abusing these women'. Sure, that may be true, but why not accept that there's still a problem with some British Muslims and aim to tackle that problem? It's always the blame game...

I feel like I'm the only British originally from the ME that feels this way... :facepalm2:
Reply 178
Struggling to keep up here, but I'd tentatively say arguments regarding a particular, hypothetical subculture being evidenced in the statistics are quite persuasive.

Still though, I'd be very wary of drawing broader conclusions about British Muslims, or Pakistanis or whatever from this (and I'm aware some of the most persuasive posters explicitly haven't). Just for a bit of a different perspective: I live in South East Asia, where there is a notorious tradition of both outright paedophilia and exploitative if not illegal behaviour perpetrated by white, Western men. I'd still be incandescent if anyone suggested I had any affinity with them because I happen to be white, British and even hold sexually liberal views.
Original post by Lazar Wolf
You say you're not racist but your remarks above (highlighted in bold) certainly point to a chip being on your shoulder.

Perhaps I should point out the facts again:
"CEOP study:

http://www.channel4.com/news/ceop-wa...grooming-study

In their words:

In the grooming statistics, 49% were white and 46% Asian: the proportion of Pakistani Asians remains unknown. However, in a country where Asians constitute 7% of the general population, this is a striking figure.

We believe that there are two main profiles of the on-street groomer. First, we have the white offenders, who typically offend alone. So far, nothing new: the lone white male is the norm for UK child sex offences. Second, however, there are Asian offenders, many of whom are of Pakistani origin. They seem much more likely to offend in groups, lending their abuse a curiously social dimension. In our research, which focuses on large offending groups, we analysed police data from five major on-street grooming investigations. Of the 52 suspects charged, 83% were Asian Pakistani, 11% Asian other and 6% white British. These are shocking statistics and the over-representation of Asian offenders within this dataset certainly merits attention."

How many times must I tell you that I am not saying that all Pakistanis or all Muslims or all Pakistani Muslims for that matter are doing this. It is a subculture held by a minority of them, and one that needs to be rooted out. Education,the influence of communities and community leaders, passing information to the police and not ignoring these crimes would destroy the subcultural fabric of these grooming gangs. Grooming gangs occur when groups of men get together, groups of men who think it is all right to have sex with children. They share the same ideas, the same motivation, and form the grooming gang. there are white grooming gangs, there are black grooming gangs, and there are also Muslimi Pakistani grooming gangs. What has shocked me and millioins like me is the overrepresentation of Muslim Pakistanis in the grooming statistics.

When Stephen Lawrence was murdered by white youths, and the family were let down by the judicial system in this country, the white host majority had to take a long look at itself and admit to racist elements in their society and institutions, and since then efforts have been made to stamp out racism whenever possible in all walks of life. When there is massive overrepresentation of Muslim Pakistanis amongst the grooming paedophile statistics, along with prosecution of course, the onus falls on community leaders and people of the aforementioned community to do something abuot this. Many notable Muslim Pakistanis have had the courage to do so:

Mohammed Shafiq, chairman of the Ramadan Foundation:has said there is a "problem" of British Pakistani men thinking "white girls are worthless and can be abused".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17996245

Nazir Afzal has stated that some Pakistani men have 'cultural baggage'.

And here there are the words of Lady Warsi, chairwoman of the conservative party and a British Pakistani Muslim, who has stated that a 'Minority Of Pakistani Men Think White Girls Are 'Fair Game' For Sex Abuse

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/18/baroness-warsi-pakistani-sex-abuse-white_n_1526854.html

These people, Muslim Pakistanis, have had the guts to speak out and identify this very real problem. You haven't. The more people bury their heads in the sand, the more children like the ones tortured and abused in Oxford will suffer.

Why do you keep giving me percentages? What does 49% or whatever you keep telling me mean. Why don't you just tell me the actual number? For example say next year there were 2 murders and one of them was from a Chinese man and the other from an English man, you could say 50% of all murders are from Chinese people therefore Chinese people are killers when in reality the numbers are too small to draw up any conclusions, in this case yes there is a higher percentage of asians, but it doesn't mean anything because the numbers are so small, you'll find it's only around 300 or so asians (not even Pakistanis) so the numbers aren't big enough to draw up conclusion saying Pakistanis have a cultural problem. Oh and you highlighted the part of me saying white people are more represented in crimes such as robberies than asians and you said that's racist.... Oh the irony of this whole thing, it's only racist when it's done to a white person but not Asian LOL and all that is a reaction of white people being racist by generalising, I wouldn't say any of that stuff if white people didn't accuse me of being a rapist etc. pretty much all my friends are white but if this is the stuff that they think then alright. The Internet is good at telling me what white people really think, they hide it in real life because your all too scared to say it then but inside there's a lot of racism in the white community. Maybe I should start making friends with asians/black people instead, at least I can trust them because they're not two faced, when there's no asians around you all start going on about how much you dislike asians like strong cowards and I know because I've been told. Cowards. And those Pakistanis coming out are just butt liking trying to get white people on their side.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending