The Student Room Group

biology intermediate 2

just done my intermediate 2 exam this morning found some difficult question but overall was a fair test!

section A was definitley a weak point for me although i think i have made up for it in sections B and C :smile: a question on demination had me confused as well as a question on woodlice which asked why did they leave it five minutes before putting black paper over it.

i also found it hard coming up with 5 points for the gentic engineering in section C so i am not sure if i will have full marks for that part which will lower my score by quite a lot!

let me know how you got on so i can compare answers and have an estimate of my score! hoping to get an overall B pass ! leave your comments on how fair a test you thought it was also and what you think you might get for it! would most appreciate it ! thanks :smile:

stephanie, high school pupil,
Reply 1
Section A had a couple of questions that were difficult, but a lot of straight forward ones too so it went okay. Section B was okay, and Section C was great- the blood vessels and genetic engineering yay:biggrin:

The deamination question: It's a cell respiring so oxygen would enter, and carbon dioxide would move out. The urea is produced in the liver, so it would also move out.

The question on woodlice: I noticed that the first part of the table had 5 on each side, so I just put so that there were equal numbers of woodlice on each side? The part of that question that asked how you would change the design to make it more reliable had me stumped though.

My teacher never actually told us which of the advantages/disadvantages were right, so I'm a little unsure of that but I think overall it went well.

Aiming for an A, hopefully an A band 1 but I don't really care:L Good luck:biggrin:!
Reply 2
wow a band1 you must have studyed a lot then! yea i did the genetic engineering one too although for the second question on section C i did the effects of the brain and kidneys with low water concentration in the blood.

thats exactly where i was confused at with the woodlice question but managed to get there in the end :smile: biology is one of my weakest subject so if i did well in this then it would be amazing! plus the fact i have taken it to higher and hope to persue a further career regarding it so..

what other int 2 subjects are you siiting/already sat ?? its seems to be hard to find people on this at the same level as me

really appreciate the help claire!!
Reply 3
i thought the paper was pretty decent :biggrin: loved the essay choices at the end!! :biggrin:

thought the woodlice question was alright, was it not something to do with giving them time to adapt to the conditions before changing it?!

i didnt get the graoh question about the 25% glucose solution and how the experiment was wong or something had affected the results? i write the person had diabetes as a sheer guess hahaha!

im hoping for an A but thats highly unlikley :s-smilie::P
Reply 4
Original post by stephaniejpm
wow a band1 you must have studyed a lot then! yea i did the genetic engineering one too although for the second question on section C i did the effects of the brain and kidneys with low water concentration in the blood.

thats exactly where i was confused at with the woodlice question but managed to get there in the end :smile: biology is one of my weakest subject so if i did well in this then it would be amazing! plus the fact i have taken it to higher and hope to persue a further career regarding it so..

what other int 2 subjects are you siiting/already sat ?? its seems to be hard to find people on this at the same level as me

really appreciate the help claire!!

I'm expected an A by my teacher, and got 75% in my prelim so it's more just me wanting to better than I did before:smile:

Both questions would've been okay for me, so I just choose one at random aha:L

Chemistry is more my subject, but I want to do well in Biology too, aha:L

I sat History yesterday, and still have English, Maths, Physics, French, Chemistry, PE and Art to go... What about you?
Reply 5
Original post by sambutler11
i thought the paper was pretty decent :biggrin: loved the essay choices at the end!! :biggrin:

thought the woodlice question was alright, was it not something to do with giving them time to adapt to the conditions before changing it?!

i didnt get the graoh question about the 25% glucose solution and how the experiment was wong or something had affected the results? i write the person had diabetes as a sheer guess hahaha!

im hoping for an A but thats highly unlikley :s-smilie::P

That was my reasoning for the woodlice one, aha:L

I put that the person drank something sugary before?
Reply 6
Original post by Claire__
That was my reasoning for the woodlice one, aha:L

I put that the person drank something sugary before?

hope it was right haha! :P

aw, i dont even know for that one hahaha! just hoping the marker thinks i make sense
Reply 7
i am doing pe,maths,english,chemistry,computing,biology,french and modern studies :smile: only done 2 exams and i have english on friday afternoon! so still have a long way to go! last one is on the 4th though and thats pe ;L i am actually feeling a bit nervous for chemistry although i seem to do good in that so hopesfully will be okayy :smile: and as for the woodlice one i wrote that it was so the movement could be observed:L
Reply 8
Original post by stephaniejpm
i am doing pe,maths,english,chemistry,computing,biology,french and modern studies :smile: only done 2 exams and i have english on friday afternoon! so still have a long way to go! last one is on the 4th though and thats pe ;L i am actually feeling a bit nervous for chemistry although i seem to do good in that so hopesfully will be okayy :smile: and as for the woodlice one i wrote that it was so the movement could be observed:L

Eeek, I'm only really worried about English now. Physics and Chemistry should be fine. Maths will be super easy(especially since we finished the course last year). And I don't really care as much about the rest aha:L

There was another one I was stuck at, but I can't remember what it was aaaaah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending