The Student Room Group

Anyone used Glide before for bills?

I'll be moving into a house for my second year in July and it was recommended we use Glide, the service that splits the bills evenly apparently for each of the tenants. I was just wondering if anyone's ever used it before? I've signed up but it's asked for the usual bank details and just wanted to hear people's opinion of the service before I actually do anything :biggrin:
Never used it, but so long as you have a calculator and basic maths ability it shouldn't be too difficult.

That said, we just pay a fixed amount into the kitty (house bank account) every month (£50) and bills come out of that. if there is money left at the end we will split it between us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Never used it, but so long as you have a calculator and basic maths ability it shouldn't be too difficult.

That said, we just pay a fixed amount into the kitty (house bank account) every month (£50) and bills come out of that. if there is money left at the end we will split it between us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, it's not a problem with dividing it that I'm worried about, it's just whether or not my house mates next year would be reliable enough to contribute without it being taken straight out of their account :P (juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust my luck)
Original post by MrsLovett112
Ah, it's not a problem with dividing it that I'm worried about, it's just whether or not my house mates next year would be reliable enough to contribute without it being taken straight out of their account :P (juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust my luck)
<br />
<br />

I've not really looked at it but are you sure it's done on a direct debit basis? If not then it won't really help. Do you think they could set up a standing order for a certain amount each month?

If your house mates really are a bit feckless then this may not be a bad option, but I do remain slightly sceptical of its worth for the rest of us!
I used glide with my roommates and it was really good whilst we were using it, but when the contract was over, they didn't give the refund offered when we signed up - its been 5 months and we are still waiting, I'm sure you've done it now, but just in case others are reading this, I wouldn't recommended Glide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending