The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1641
Original post by MangoFreak
Last day tomorrow :awesome:

I have to see out someone named Ryan to whom I must give £2 in order to access the "Leavers' Party".

These country peasants are so isolated :mmm: My old friends were like "waaaaah?" when I mentioned the antics that the town expects my year to get up to :colonhash:

Loool you just made me LOL. :/ Good luck finding Ryan. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Loool you just made me LOL. :/ Good luck finding Ryan. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll just get my friend who apparently somehow knows everyone to pay him :colonhash:

I criticise my school's record for Leavers' Day antics, but saying that it's weak compared to what I hear is called Leavers' Week in my home state (QLD, Australia) :lol:
Reply 1643
I'll just get my friend who apparently somehow knows everyone to pay him :colonhash:

I criticise my school's record for Leavers' Day antics, but saying that it's weak compared to what I hear is called Leavers' Week in my home state (QLD, Australia) :lol:

Hahaha sounds like an underground drugs ring. :/ Surely you know everyone at school? Or does he hide? Lool

You're an Aussie?! How cool! Haha
At least you can do such things.... My schools already given us lectures on how we're not allowed to draw on our clothes or we'll be sent home and excluded from the boat party. "it is however ok to get a spare shirt in from home to write on" - how considerate! Lol
What kinds of things do you get up to on Leavers day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My dad was telling me that once he sat an exam there was a student who had notes with him, then the guy noticed the teacher approaching him so he just ate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Hahaha sounds like an underground drugs ring. :/ Surely you know everyone at school? Or does he hide? Lool

At least you can do such things.... My schools already given us lectures on how we're not allowed to draw on our clothes or we'll be sent home and excluded from the boat party. "it is however ok to get a spare shirt in from home to write on" - how considerate! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

How lovely of them :tongue: nah but my school is really good about leavers day , I had so much fun last week
Reply 1646
Original post by sarahiscool
How lovely of them :tongue: nah but my school is really good about leavers day , I had so much fun last week

Haha trust me, they're too strict. :/ lol what did you get up to? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1647
Lol i witnessed the best "fight" at school today between year 8 girls.

First group: You're ugly
2nd group: Why you calling me ugly... You're ugly
First group: you're ugly

And it actually went on for the whole of lunch. I was actually waiting for it to get interesting so I could get involved... -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Haha trust me, they're too strict. :/ lol what did you get up to? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is really hard to explain if you dont go to my school :s-smilie:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys I need some help

My exam season starts from Monday onwards and I know that I need straight A*'s in what I can do to keep the doors to my option choices open but the problem is that I can't stop stressing about it. I keep assuming that I'm going to fail and I'm finding it hard to even think straight. I've barely had any sleep and I'm panicking to myself about things that are probably miniscule to you and I just wanted your advice :dontknow:
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I would advise against grouping me in with the sort of people who recognise Leavers' Day as an actual important event.

Those people will inevitably become ridiculously drunk and start ****ing everything up. Last year was such that the police will be stationed around the town making sure nobody does anything mildly idiotic.

We're allowed to write on stuff, but we have to be in uniform for exams so my Head of Year had fun mentioning that if you write on your shirt, you can have fun buying a new one :mmm:

My passport may say Australian, but I generally don't ally myself with any nation; I find the whole concept of nationality restrictive and causal of too many problems.
Reply 1651
Original post by Leechayy
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys I need some help

My exam season starts from Monday onwards and I know that I need straight A*'s in what I can do to keep the doors to my option choices open but the problem is that I can't stop stressing about it. I keep assuming that I'm going to fail and I'm finding it hard to even think straight. I've barely had any sleep and I'm panicking to myself about things that are probably miniscule to you and I just wanted your advice :dontknow:

I do the same thing. I guess i get through it by trivialising the exams...
I mean they're exams and there is life beyond exams. No ones ever died from exam stress but there's always a first for everything and i'm among the ranks to die from it. Lol But really... Talk to people, friends. Ask wyourself why are you stressed? Is it because you're scared of failing and disappointing people? As long as you understand the stress you can conquer it. Also i'm religious so I turn to God and listen to Quran which helps me immensely but you may be atheist. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm genuinely becoming terrified of UKIP.

My friend in Year 13 actually came close to being elected as a councillor for an area in Norfolk, which I thought was cool, despite the fact that he's UKIP.
Reply 1653
Well I would advise against grouping me in with the sort of people who recognise Leavers' Day as an actual important event.

Those people will inevitably become ridiculously drunk and start ****ing everything up. Last year was such that the police will be stationed around the town making sure nobody does anything mildly idiotic.

We're allowed to write on stuff, but we have to be in uniform for exams so my Head of Year had fun mentioning that if you write on your shirt, you can have fun buying a new one :mmm:

My passport may say Australian, but I generally don't ally myself with any nation; I find the whole concept of nationality restrictive and causal of too many problems.

Hahaha i will reply to this later but how on earth do you like twitter, what with it restricting your writing to 140 characters!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Hahaha i will reply to this later but how on earth do you like twitter, what with it restricting your writing to 140 characters!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm lexically flexible :pierre:
I'm lexically flexible :pierre:

I'm obsessed with twitter :biggrin: Am I allowed to follow you ? or is that a bit too stalkery
Original post by Olympiad
My dad was telling me that once he sat an exam there was a student who had notes with him, then the guy noticed the teacher approaching him so he just ate it

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmaooooo, really?!? That's so awesome, haha! :laugh:
Original post by Meliss
lmaooooo, really?!? That's so awesome, haha! :laugh:

Haha yeah then the invigilator took him to the head teacher and the guy was like "but you have no evidence" so he was allowed to finish the exam and was given extra time since he wasted time talking to the head etc where he should have been in his exam
Original post by Jina
I do the same thing. I guess i get through it by trivialising the exams...
I mean they're exams and there is life beyond exams. No ones ever died from exam stress but there's always a first for everything and i'm among the ranks to die from it. Lol But really... Talk to people, friends. Ask wyourself why are you stressed? Is it because you're scared of failing and disappointing people? As long as you understand the stress you can conquer it. Also i'm religious so I turn to God and listen to Quran which helps me immensely but you may be atheist. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks first I'm going to get a goodnights sleep :redface: I haven't had one ins ages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahiscool
I'm obsessed with twitter :biggrin: Am I allowed to follow you ? or is that a bit too stalkery

You can if you want :tongue:

Latest