The Student Room Group

It's time to face up to the problem of sexual abuse in the white community

In response to people stating that there is a major problem within the Muslim community because of the recent grooming cases by Muslims men, I want to share the piece below. From what I have noted, the crux of the problem is that we had a Muslim gang who managed to get hold of white girls in the care system and force them into prostitution. The main reason why people are so angry is that the girls were white who were getting abused by Muslim men. From this there have been plenty of articles and analysts who believe that there are major problems within the Muslim community which need to be addressed, etc. etc. In the previous thread, I tried to argue that this is one incident, or even two three but is not a mountain of statistics which show that this common practice within the Muslim community. Fast track to white celebrity men sleeping with under-age girls and boys and there is not a single such article about problems with the white community, it would not even cross most peoples mind to explore something like that. Even though, white male celebrities like Stuart Hall have admitted to a number of cases of indecent assault against 13 girls, the most youngest being only nine. I'm using this parallel to just illustrate how stupid it is to question and demean a whole community based on the actions of a few and how offensive it would be to do so.

Every day across Britain, it seems, there's a new and horrific revelation of sexual abuse: last week we had the guilty plea of veteran TV presenter Stuart Hall, who confessed to 14 cases of indecent assault against 13 girls, the youngest only nine years old.

Days earlier the possible scale of child abuse in north Wales children's homes was revealed. We now know there were 140 allegations of historical abuse between 1963 and 1992. A total of 84 suspected offenders have been named, and it's claimed the abuse took place across 18 children's homes.

But after the shock has subsided and we have time to reflect on these revolting crimes, the main question in most reasonable people's minds must surely be: what is it about white people that makes them do this?

Jimmy Savile is alleged to have abused 300 young people, and in his case and in north Wales, the abuse could not have happened without a wide range of co-conspirators either grooming children or ensuring the truth never got out. Hardly a week goes by without another white man being arrested in connection with sexual abuse.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for whites. I have many white friends and I know most of them are wholly opposed to sexual abuse. But they must be worried that their whole community is getting a bad name. I can imagine that, every day, with each unfolding case, they must be hiding their face behind their hands, pleading: "Please, God, don't let it be a white person this time."

And with so many senior community figures implicated, many of us are starting to wonder what will happen to the next generation of whites. How will today's young whites learn that abuse is wrong when their role models are so tarnished?

First, though, we need to find out what's causing the problem. Is it something to do with white people's culture? Is it something to do with their loss of empire, and their new role in the world, as a diminished state desperately clinging to its glorious past? Do they seek to impose their last vestiges of power on the most vulnerable in society?

Or is it that, having spent so much of their history waging wars against each other, they cannot cope with the relative peace of the last half-century, and their frustration at not fighting is taken out on the weakest? I may have no evidence for this, but that's not going to stop me putting it out there as a cause.

Or maybe it's their religion? Child abuse in the priesthood has, of course, also been tolerated for decades, allowed to continue unpunished through a conspiracy of silence among the church hierarchy.

And despite the recent falls in attendance, Christianity still dominates European culture. And the Bible, which many whites still look to, has such verses as: "Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol [hell]." (Proverbs 23:13-14) It hardly fits with white society's claims to care for children. And even those who don't believe, such as Richard Dawkins, a senior cleric in the atheist community, have sought to downplay the gravity of child abuse, believing it's no worse than religion itself. As he wrote: "Horrible as sexual abuse no doubt was, the damage was arguably less than the long-term psychological damage inflicted by bringing the child up Catholic in the first place." Of course, what we really need now is for brave white community leaders to come out and distance themselves from the abusers.

Maybe, say, the new head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission should come out and admit the issue is "racial and cultural" and that she fears that "in those communities there were people who knew what was going on and didn't say anything, either because they're frightened or they're so separated from the rest of the communities". Or a white cabinet member could say: "There is a small minority of white men who believe that young children are fair game. And we have to be prepared to say that. You can only start solving a problem if you acknowledge it first." Or the head of a leading children's charity could say: "There is very troubling evidence that whites are overwhelmingly represented in the prosecutions for such offences." Yet none of this has happened. And this saddens me. Because until we hear those brave voices speaking out against abuse, what are we meant to think?

I urge white people to break this conspiracy of silence. Call on your leaders to show leadership. To show us all that you're not like the people who dominate the news headlines. That you really do care about protecting children.

You may think all the above is ridiculous; that I'm stirring ethnic tensions on an issue that is clearly about individuals and small groups of people and has nothing to do with race or religion. And that by making this spurious case I'm ignoring the core issue, which is that children, many of them in vulnerable situations, were terrorised and physically harmed by opportunistic men who were able to get away with their crimes for years. You'd be right.

But all of the above arguments were made within various parts of our print and broadcast media when similarly small numbers of Muslim men were revealed to be grooming young girls for sex. If you think the claims about white people are wrong, then so is the stereotyping of Britain's Muslims, and the widespread questioning of their culture and their religion, because of the perverted actions of a few.

Since the "black crime shock" tabloid stories of the 1980s, editors have known that stoking fears about misunderstood minorities is good for sales. If you object to this article, then you should understand how it feels to be a Muslim reading similar pieces pandering to Islamophobia day after day and you should object to those too.
Just a small point that all those arrested in the sex abuse scandal related to Jimmy Saville are old men, so it's not exactly indicative of current culture. At best it says there was such a culture with rich white men in the 70s-early 90s.
Reply 2
Original post by interact
In response to people stating that there is a major problem within the Muslim community because of the recent grooming cases by Muslims men, I want to share the piece below. From what I have noted, the crux of the problem is that we had a Muslim gang who managed to get hold of white girls in the care system and force them into prostitution. The main reason why people are so angry is that the girls were white who were getting abused by Muslim men. From this there have been plenty of articles and analysts who believe that there are major problems within the Muslim community which need to be addressed, etc. etc. In the previous thread, I tried to argue that this is one incident, or even two three but is not a mountain of statistics which show that this common practice within the Muslim community. Fast track to white celebrity men sleeping with under-age girls and boys and there is not a single such article about problems with the white community, it would not even cross most peoples mind to explore something like that. Even though, white male celebrities like Stuart Hall have admitted to a number of cases of indecent assault against 13 girls, the most youngest being only nine. I'm using this parallel to just illustrate how stupid it is to question and demean a whole community based on the actions of a few and how offensive it would be to do so.

Well then why the hell have you titled your post 'white community' if you're trying to avoid tarring everyone with the same brush?
Reply 3
Original post by Kiss
Well then why the hell have you titled your post 'white community' if you're trying to avoid tarring everyone with the same brush?

Because I don't actually believe it to be true. Did you even read the whole post?
(edited 10 years ago)
There is no "white community".
Reply 5
You miss the rather obvious point.

This is a majority White country, and every nation expects to have it's predatory paedophiles, though of course we don't want them. Obviously there was an issue with a culture of acceptability in the 70's and 80's in certain places and that does need to be addressed. I think we're happy to admit it.

The problem within the Pakistani/North African Muslim is that there have been multiple sex gangs, 5 that I remember. They all are groups of Muslim men of similar ethnic origin preying on vulnerable white girls and prostituting them to other men of the similar ethnic origin and religious leanings. The fact that these men only prey on white, British girls, the fact that their gangs and customers are almost exclusively of similar ethnic and religious background and that in the last few years the majority of sex gangs exposed have been within one community means that there is an issue to be addressed.

Don't let liberal apologetics make you afraid to question.
Reply 6
This is like a week old, but yeah, I wasn't surprised no one bothered to post it here earlier.

Original post by Kiss

It's the title of the actual article; http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/06/sexual-abuse-in-white-community
Reply 7
Original post by Steevee

This is a majority White country, and every nation expects to have it's predatory paedophiles, though of course we don't want them. Obviously there was an issue with a culture of acceptability in the 70's and 80's in certain places and that does need to be addressed. I think we're happy to admit it.

The problem within the Pakistani/North African Muslim is that there have been multiple sex gangs, 5 that I remember. They all are groups of Muslim men of similar ethnic origin preying on vulnerable white girls and prostituting them to other men of the similar ethnic origin and religious leanings. The fact that these men only prey on white, British girls, the fact that their gangs and customers are almost exclusively of similar ethnic and religious background and that in the last few years the majority of sex gangs exposed have been within one community means that there is an issue to be addressed.

95% of peados in prison are White as reported on BBCQT 10th may 2012,despite only making up 87% of population. Between 1997 and Jan 2011, "56 people with an average age of 28 have been convicted of offences related to on-street grooming of girls aged 11 to 16. Of these, three were white and the rest Muslim Asians, with the majority British Pakistani.

Currently, 11 more Asian men are on trial. If all convicted, this would bring total up to 64, which barely matches the number of convicted non-Asian WHITE native-born paedophiles for the first two months of 2012. Additionally, there are another 36 men to be tried at the same trial - all white.

https://bitly.com/bundles/lutherblissett/p
Reply 8
95% of peados in prison are White as reported on BBCQT 10th may 2012,despite only making up 87% of population. Between 1997 and Jan 2011, "56 people with an average age of 28 have been convicted of offences related to on-street grooming of girls aged 11 to 16. Of these, three were white and the rest Muslim Asians, with the majority British Pakistani.

Currently, 11 more Asian men are on trial. If all convicted, this would bring total up to 64, which barely matches the number of convicted non-Asian WHITE native-born paedophiles for the first two months of 2012. Additionally, there are another 36 men to be tried at the same trial - all white.

https://bitly.com/bundles/lutherblissett/p

So clearly there is an issue within the community with the Pakistani/Muslim street rape gangs.

I understand your intent with providing these statistics, but you do no more than prove my point.
Reply 9
Original post by Steevee
So clearly there is an issue within the community with the Pakistani/Muslim street rape gangs.

I understand your intent with providing these statistics, but you do no more than prove my point.

Of course there's an issue, to the same extent at which pedophilia and rape is within the white community.
Original post by Steevee

But no issue within the community of white people of white individuals commiting paedophilic acts?

Pretty hypocritical to announce that there is a community wide issue regarding asian street rape gangs, since they form the majority of convictions for street grooming, while ignoring the fact that white males far outweigh the number of asian males commiting single acts of paedophilia, even when relative populations are taken into account.

Why is there a community wide issue in one case, but not the other?
Original post by Steevee

Ugh, I can't rep you. I'm doing it in spirit however. Nicely said.
Reply 12
Because I don't actually believe it to be true, idiot. Did you even read the whole post?

Yes, but you've still made it out to seem like whites are the problem in your title. Now unless you specified that your title was meant to be illogical as well then I wouldn't have minded but you haven't ego I can only go under the assumption that you genuinely think white people are the issue.
Reply 13
Of course there's an issue, to the same extent at which pedophilia and rape is within the white community.

There's a difference however in causality. It doesn't matter what race/culture/gender/class (etc...) a perpetrator comes from, but it *does* matter if it's a causal factor in their crimes. Unless Savile and cronies were committing their crimes in a manner resultant from their 'whiteness' then it's an inconsequential factor in their activities - however there does appear to have been a racial/cultural motivation in the recent sex gang trials in Rochdale and Oxford. That appears to be the crucial difference.
(edited 10 years ago)
*It's time to face up to the problem of sexual abuse.

Fixed that for ya.
Reply 15
Original post by You Failed
But no issue within the community of white people of white individuals commiting paedophilic acts?

Pretty hypocritical to announce that there is a community wide issue regarding asian street rape gangs, since they form the majority of convictions for street grooming, while ignoring the fact that white males far outweigh the number of asian males commiting single acts of paedophilia, even when relative populations are taken into account.

Why is there a community wide issue in one case, but not the other?

What's your source for the claim that White men are committing more acts of Paedophilia? Especially considering almost every prosecution within the Pakistani community is for multiple rapes, grooming and pimping the girls they rape.
Reply 16
Why can't we all agree there *could* be a problem with both and move on from there? All finger pointing does is sidestep a potential problem that *could* be fixed. Jesus christ people.

And no one is trying to demean an entire culture or religion because of the acts of a few Muslim men. No one is doing it for white males males either. Misrepresentation complaints are in an effort for meaningless and counter-productive vindication.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Steevee
What's your source for the claim that White men are committing more acts of Paedophilia? Especially considering almost every prosecution within the Pakistani community is for multiple rapes, grooming and pimping the girls they rape.

Really? The source is the post which you just read and quoted, and to which I'm questioning your reply to.

The statistics that guy posted clearly show that there is a greater tendency for white men to commit single acts of paedophilia:

"95% of peados in prison are White as reported on BBCQT 10th may 2012, despite only making up 87% of population."

If there were more asian males commiting peadophilic acts, then you would expect them to be over represented within the prison population, i.e have a percentage higher than 13%. Yet white males instead show an over representation of 8%.

Where's your source for saying the majority of convictions within asian communities are for rape? I find it very hard to believe over 50% of all convictions within the Pakistani community are sex related. Sounds like hyperbole.

Your argument was that there must be a problem within the community of asian males, because the majority of convictions for grooming were asians. That's fair enough, but then you have to equally say that since the majority of convictions for single acts of paedophilia are by white males (again, see above source), then there must be an issue within the white community. It's hypocritical to claim one but not the other.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by You Failed
Really? The source is the post which you just read and quoted, and to which I'm questioning your reply to.

The statistics that guy posted clearly show that there is a greater tendency for white men to commit single acts of paedophilia:

"95% of peados in prison are White as reported on BBCQT 10th may 2012, despite only making up 87% of population."

If there were more asian males commiting peadophilic acts, then you would expect them to be over represented within the prison population, i.e have a percentage higher than 13%. Yet white males instead show an over representation of 8%.

Where's your source for saying the majority of convictions within asian communities are for rape? I find it very hard to believe over 50% of all convictions within the Pakistani community are sex related. Sounds like hyperbole.

Your argument was that there must be a problem within the community of asian males, because the majority of convictions for grooming were asians. That's fair enough, but then you have to equally say that since the majority of convictions for single acts of paedophilia are by white males (again, see above source), then there must be an issue within the white community. It's hypocritical to claim one but not the other.

Apologies, I misread your post.

And my claim was not that 50% of convictions within the Pakistani/Muslim community are sex related, but rather the vast majority that are sex related are not single instances, but cases of multiple and often systematic rape and child abuse.

I agree, there is an issue to be addressed. It has already been noted many times that paedophillia in the Western world is slightly more common in White men, with violent crime being more common in Black youths and so on. All demographics have the crimes they are over-represented in. So just as we must address the issue with powerful white men getting away with paedophillia we must also address the issue with immigrant populations committing crimes that seem based in either religious, cultural or ethno-centric motivations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending