The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rio's retired from international football, good news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22536874
It's a shame his injuries have meant his last appearance for England was in 2011 but his current form this season has been outstanding. Whereas normally we'd say a fit Vidic would be our rock, this season its been Rio. He's 34 and close to signing a new deal so he could play for another two years I'd say. Or maybe even one as he's got a deal with BT Sport to be a pundit/interviewer which I'm surprised the club let him because they don't normally allow players to be media orientated outside of playing but maybe it was SAF's last gift to him.
Going over Zaha highlights, really looking forward to him playing for us even though to expect him to frustrate and stuff as he beds in.

He's going to be given so much more space than he is allowed at Palace where he is constantly marked by two or three people, can't wait to see what he does with it.
Original post by white_haired_wizard

Rooney can go. We don't need him, not sure many/any top clubs really do need him, tbh. I just cannot see him and his young family uprooting abroad, so where does that leave him and his (considerably limited) options??

Newcastle are apparently in talks about himaccording to one of Sport Directs' websites.

If this is true, which would be astounding, then Newcastle are clearly looking to break their transfer policy (no over 27s, no players on inflated salaries).

I highly suspect it is a late April fools, or even if true, I fail to see why he'd go there.
Who is Fergie signing next year? Let's make it his 14th :biggrin:
Original post by UnknownGuy

????
Reply 4246

Hate to break your heart but fergies retired so if we do win the PL next year it will be Moyes' first ever title win

Posted from TSR Mobile
Club awards under way, you can find a stream if you check twitter

My votes were

Fan player: RvP

Goal: RvP 2nd v Villa

U21: Januzaj

U18: Pearson

+ players player i reckon Carrick
The awards won't actually start until 8:30 or 9pm, theres the usual end of season analysis, interviews and montages to sit through for the first couple hours. It's always a good night though, looking forward to seeing this years.
I love the MU Foundation video package every year on POTY night. A lot of people don't appreciate the great work they do for the community in helping the less fortunate and having a positive contribution to peoples lives. It's inspiring to see the charity side of the club, and they deserve a lot of credit for everything they do.

I see you've been in A-level hibernation this past week :p:
Watching the academy and reserve team montages brings back memories, makes me a little sad too that I haven't really had time to follow them this year. Great to see Januzaj, Barmby, Gollini, Daehli, Wilson, Love etc getting on well.
Ben Pearson wins the Jimmy Murphy Trophy for MUFC Academy player of the year.

Adnan Januzaj wins the Denzil Haroun Trophy for Reserve Player of the Year.

Congrats to both of them. More to follow. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
****ing Chelsea, more obnoxious chants next year then.

If anyone needs a stream for the awards, feel free to PM.
Original post by Raeesah123
Aww! I wish I went now. haha i live 5 mins away too.. where abouts you from?

Just outside of town wbu?

Brace yourselves for Chelski fans claiming the europa cup is better than the title!

Itv commentary is so uo Chelsea's arse!
Original post by MancBoy
Just outside of town wbu?

Brace yourselves for Chelski fans claiming the europa cup is better than the title!

Itv commentary is so uo Chelsea's arse!

ITV's commentary is up English clubs' arses full stop, not specifically Chelsea's. Certainly in European finals.

Manchester United have got their fair share of praise and bias over the years. Tyldesley is a United fan, isn't he?

Just be grateful that an English side has actually won a European trophy this season.
Goal of the season montage was great. Great memories there. That RVP one in stoppage time against West Ham was incredible, the celebrations ... its a shame there isnt an award for the most mental crowd reaction to a goal!

The Champions 20|13 bit with all the league title wins ... stunning. So many memories there. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IanDangerously
Goal of the season montage was great. Great memories there. That RVP one in stoppage time against West Ham was incredible, the celebrations ... its a shame there isnt an award for the most mental crowd reaction to a goal!

The Champions 20|13 bit with all the league title wins ... stunning. So many memories there. :smile:

That had my vote for goal of the season. Bringing it down and getting the ball in front of him with his left foot from that angle, and then finishing it off with his right, unbelievable. The type of goal which makes you think it might just be our year in the FA Cup.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
That had my vote for goal of the season. Bringing it down and getting the ball in front of him with his left foot from that angle, and then finishing it off with his right, unbelievable. The type of goal which makes you think it might just be our year in the FA Cup.

I'm starting to wonder if its ever going to be our year in the FA Cup again! That goal was incredible though, and the pass from Giggs. I thought the game was lost at that point because we were playing so badly on the day. 6,000 reds behind that goal and it looked like a series of car crashes in the minute after the ball hit the net! Proper old school FA Cup tie. :biggrin:

I think I voted for Robin's goal vs Cluj in the Champions League ... that was an impossible goal to score with the way the keeper was positioned.
Original post by IanDangerously
I'm starting to wonder if its ever going to be our year in the FA Cup again! That goal was incredible though, and the pass from Giggs. I thought the game was lost at that point because we were playing so badly on the day. 6,000 reds behind that goal and it looked like a series of car crashes in the minute after the ball hit the net! Proper old school FA Cup tie. :biggrin:

I think I voted for Robin's goal vs Cluj in the Champions League ... that was an impossible goal to score with the way the keeper was positioned.

How can I forget to mention the pass from Giggs! Assist of the season. Have a good feeling about the FA Cup next season, but I'm pretty sure I've had this same feeling for the last few years.

That Scholes compilation :coma: Could have sworn we were going to win the league when he scored that header against City.

Latest