The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
Even I wondered this. His son was there amongst the rest of the Chelsea board but couldn't spot Roman.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Was probably watching it on a plasma in one of his many yachts...
Why did Demba Ba get a medal? I thought he wouldn't have because he participated in the trophy for Newcastle. Happy for him though.
Congrats!!!!!!

~From an Everton fan, cya next game :smile:
Don't think the rest of my neighborhood are too happy, the amount of screaming I was doing at the TV haha. Sooooooooo hard too watch
It's a shame how Chelsea fans didn't give Rafa the respect he deserved when he joined Chelsea and the abuse he put up with from a considerable number of the fans. Winning the Europa League and coming third is not an easy job for a manager employed on an interim basis and I never understood why Abramovich insists on sacking managers who've got his team some trophies, but oddly it seems to be working. Chelsea needs stability in terms of their manager, but I'm guessing Mourinho is the man he's waiting for to fill the position of permanent manager.

Well done Chelsea (from a Liverpool fan)
Reply 2525
Original post by 419
Alwyas have to somehow turn it into an argument involving Arsenal. Long may your obsession continue.

A question= lecturing. Back to class.

Could be a little classy. But then that's above most of the Arsenal fans on here.
Reply 2526
For the next 10 days, Chelsea's Fernando Torres is a reigning World Cup, European Championship, Champions League & Europa League winner.
Original post by Hustler-1337
It's a shame how Chelsea fans didn't give Rafa the respect he deserved when he joined Chelsea and the abuse he put up with from a considerable number of the fans. Winning the Europa League and coming third is not an easy job for a manager employed on an interim basis and I never understood why Abramovich insists on sacking managers who've got his team some trophies, but oddly it seems to be working. Chelsea needs stability in terms of their manager, but I'm guessing Mourinho is the man he's waiting for to fill the position of permanent manager.

Well done Chelsea (from a Liverpool fan)

A reasonable and educated Liverpool fan? What is the world coming to?! aha all jokes aside I agree as a Chelsea fan I cannot see why most of the other Chelsea fans are moaning at him. Yeah he said some things in a press conference but to be fair it is only natural, and as far as I am concerned he has done a great job at the club with the huge amounts of games his squad rotation has been exceptional. These are my opinions anyway...
Fantastic. I offer my sincere Congratulations to Chelsea Football Club.

I'd like to ask Jam what he thinks about the reactions to Benitez? Quite simply, I find it an absolute disgrace for people to be on Radio Five criticising Rafa. I mean how can you sign 'We don't care about Rafa' after he's just won you the European Cup?

Great manager. Great season for Chelsea. Rafa has the potential to be just a good as Mourinho. He should stay.
I also want to offer my congratulations from everyone at OT, well done guys!!:biggrin:
Nice to see some people actually congratulating us :smile:
Brilliant, we all went berzerk when the Ivanovic header went in.

Onwards and upwards for this team. Have a feeling next seasons going to be a good one.
Original post by Eboracum
Fantastic. I offer my sincere Congratulations to Chelsea Football Club.

I'd like to ask Jam what he thinks about the reactions to Benitez? Quite simply, I find it an absolute disgrace for people to be on Radio Five criticising Rafa. I mean how can you sign 'We don't care about Rafa' after he's just won you the European Cup?

Great manager. Great season for Chelsea. Rafa has the potential to be just a good as Mourinho. He should stay.
Thank you :hat2: While I don't think he's a horrendous manager some of his tactics do leave a lot to be desired tbh, & Mourinho will certainly be an improvement on him & feel people still have a right to criticise his shortcomings though, although now admittedly is really the right time. I don't like how a lot our fans have treated him though but that's out of my control.
Reply 2533
I'm happy for Rafa because he's done a better job than I thought he would. But some other clubs fans singing his praises clearly don't realise that some of his subs and tacitical decisions have cost us results against teams like Southampton/Brentford/Rubin Kazan/Manchester City and Steau Bucharest.

He's done a great professional job, but he's not a messiah.
Reply 2534
Glad we won in the end, although our win highlights the problems with the current EL/CL system.

Bar the final, where we actually seemed to care and were more determined to win, we just strolled through the entire competition putting in minimum effort because it's not the CL. We were definitely one of the strongest sides in the competition, and deserved to win from that point of view, but so many teams wanted it so much more than we did. Perhaps they should scrap teams who place 3rd in their CL group joining the Europa league to prevent this influx of clubs for whom it isn't a big deal, although that also has its downfalls.
Original post by Musester
I'm happy for Rafa because he's done a better job than I thought he would. But some other clubs fans singing his praises clearly don't realise that some of his subs and tacitical decisions have cost us results against teams like Southampton/Brentford/Rubin Kazan/Manchester City and Steau Bucharest.

He's done a great professional job, but he's not a messiah.

Every human will make mistakes, some changes will work, some work and frankly plenty of managers decide not to make a change and that in itself is a mistake.

I do think Rafa needs to learn how to turn the screw against smaller teams, probably one criticism I have of him.
I'm glad other people have seen the limitations of Ramires, and why he can't be starting for us week in, week out.
Original post by The Assassin
The comments received are no different to last year... ****ing hell. Every forum I've visiting it's the same :lol:

I remember giving RAWK a visit after seeing a few links to a thread about the CL final match was made. I held back initially but seeing as I got directed to the same link by fans of various clubs I decided to pay a visit. It's amazing how traditional rivalries are fading yet, the most bitter and tribal bunch on RAWK, or other fan sites for that matter, are probably the ones who criticise some of our fan base for constantly giving Benitez abuse for his remarks whilst Liverpool manager (I don't care personally). But they are both part of the same picture.
Original post by Isometrix
Nice to see some people actually congratulating us :smile:

Then I want to follow the congratulators. The first English club which won the Campions League and the Europa League in turn. The only thing which may still increase the euphoria would be the come back of Mourinho to the Stamford Brigde.
Original post by 419
SO if you guys win EL, you're still champions of europe in your eyes?

We did a Nigel Mansell.

Latest