The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Does anyone know REALLY random anime? I think they're the most amusing to watch :biggrin:

Excel Saga :nutcase:
Original post by eugenius 8
Excel Saga :nutcase:

ah, Jellyfish recommended me that and I had it before my hard drive died!

I'll get it again and watch it :yep:
Original post by Bude8
Does anyone know REALLY random anime? I think they're the most amusing to watch :biggrin:

ah, Jellyfish recommended me that and I had it before my hard drive died!

I'll get it again and watch it

Excel Saga pretty much takes the crown for most random anime series ever, especially for its time. :giggle: If you want a few more, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Haré+Guu and Galaxy Angel are insane. :biggrin:

*can't believe those are all over 10 years old now* :zomg:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Excel Saga pretty much takes the crown for most random anime series ever, especially for its time. :giggle: If you want a few more, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Haré+Guu and Galaxy Angel are insane. :biggrin:

*can't believe those are all over 10 years old now* :zomg:

You told me about the Magical Shopping Arcade as well and I dled it but didn't get to watch it :frown:

Please tell me Excel Saga isn't in 4:3 (I had bad experiences with 4:3)... I'd like something more modern, 16:9 at least xD I'll look at those last two you recommended, thanks :smile:
Reply 4524
Original post by Bude8
I'd like something more modern, 16:9 at least xD I'll look at those last two you recommended, thanks :smile:

Nichijou.
Original post by Bude8
You told me about the Magical Shopping Arcade as well and I dled it but didn't get to watch it :frown:

Please tell me Excel Saga isn't in 4:3 (I had bad experiences with 4:3)... I'd like something more modern, 16:9 at least xD I'll look at those last two you recommended, thanks :smile:

Pretty sure most (if not all) those recommendations are 4:3... age and aspect ratio of a series are something I barely give a second thought to these days.

[EDIT] Actually, my copy of Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi isn't, so that may still be an option. :p:

For something more 'modern', I'd definitely second Tabris' recommendation of Nichijou (surprised I didn't think to mention it before, actually), Arakawa Under the Bridge, and maybe Kyoran Kazoku Nikki. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Holy crap, you nearly gave me a heart attack. :zomg:
(edited 3 years ago)
Tell me about it... I find my myself watching more anime as exams approach :frown: its not healthy I can tell you.
(edited 3 years ago)
...hmm...exams next week as well, and yet I spend 5 hours a day on anime and only 3 working...:yawn:

There was something about steins gate recently on this thread. Which reminded me I need to watch the movie...

...no...must....resist...
guys when are the Naruto fillers gonna end? :frown:
Original post by King Amukee

There's a crazy filler-thon towards the end of the first series of Naruto. I watched up to like episode 170/180 then skipped right to episode 216, I just couldn't take the fillers anymore.

If you google it you'll be able to find a list of filler episodes, then you can decide whether you want to watch them or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4531
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any opinion on Supernatural: The Anime Series? I'm a fan of the live-action version, but was curious to know if anyone had watched this version? It's coming to DVD in a few weeks time and I'm interested in getting it, but wanted to know what anyone else thought of it first.

Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 13.04.09.jpg

Apparently it's focuses on events that take place between Seasons 1 & 2. But while not a literal animated version of those seasons, does feature some of those stories but tweaked with twists and whatnot. Anyone see this?
(For anyone interested, here's the listing for it on Amazon.)
Reply 4532

Are you watching the original series, of Shippuden? (Give us an idea of where you are :wink: )

Or as Entrepreneur123, google naruto filler episodes, and I'm sure you'll find a decent guide to them pretty quickly :smile:
Original post by Section9
Are you watching the original series, of Shippuden? (Give us an idea of where you are :wink: )

Or as Entrepreneur123, google naruto filler episodes, and I'm sure you'll find a decent guide to them pretty quickly :smile:

I'm on Shippuden, lastest episode bar the last few goddamn fillers -.-
I tend to watch the fillers, I hate knowing I misssed a scrap of infomation :lol:
I'm watching anime on 1.5-2x speed. Is that just me? I can easily keep up with the subs, and it feels like a waste of time to watch a full episode tbh, just increasing my anime per hour xD
OMFGGGGGGGGGGG you have got to be kdding me -.- I just wacthed the first epsiode of Shingeki thinking it was the lastest one and it all fits in cos it starts with Erin having a dream and I was like wtf it was all a dream really?? :'(
Original post by Bude8
I'm watching anime on 1.5-2x speed. Is that just me? I can easily keep up with the subs, and it feels like a waste of time to watch a full episode tbh, just increasing my anime per hour xD

do you have your anime downloaded? How do you watch it at increased speed?
do you have your anime downloaded? How do you watch it at increased speed?

Yes. VLC player, press ] button
Original post by Bude8
Yes. VLC player, press ] button

cheers, now I'll have to start downloading my anime xD

Latest