The Student Room Group

Transferring to another university if I dont qualify for honours year ?

Hey all, just wondering what I should do if I dont get into honours at university.
Is it possible to transfer to another university to complete my last year if I dont qualify for honours at my current university - would I need to repeat third year ?
What other options are there ?
I really want to continue studying my course !
Original post by jmcqueen91
Hey all, just wondering what I should do if I dont get into honours at university.
Is it possible to transfer to another university to complete my last year if I dont qualify for honours at my current university - would I need to repeat third year ?
What other options are there ?
I really want to continue studying my course !

With regards to your current university, you'll have to find out what their requirements are - some universities have an ordinary degree which you can graduate with if you do not do the honours courses for whatever reason. Some may let you repeat the year if you have extenuating circumstances whereas others won't.

Then with other universities, you'd need to contact them and ask once you knew the situation with your own university. The other option is transferring your credits to the Open University and finishing the degree there.
Reply 2
My current university requires that I get a certain number of credit points (48) to qualify for honours, if I fail my exam I come away with an unnamed degree.
If I pass but dont make it into honours I get a named degree.
I cant get into honours at Dundee University without getting 48 points at first sitting.

I like the sound of transferring credits to the OU, how do I go about doing this ?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending