The Student Room Group

Does He Like Me and How Does He Feel About Me?

Recently I left uni as I couldn't cope with the course. After talking to my tutor about leaving the course, I was walking home. I bumped into the guy I like from the course who I've been friends with since we started the course. I'm 20, he's 26. We do not see each other socially or text, nevertheless we are good friends and get on really well.

These are the signs he had shown when I bumped into him:

1. He said he was going to call me about me leaving the course but he said he was glad we convieniently bumped uni eachother.
2. He started complimenting me on how much I'd improved since I started, and said that I seemed shy at first but have become much more confident and open with people as the course progressed. He also mentioned about a presentation I did which he said was really good and that that was one of the first signs of me developing in confidence.
3. He said for me to keep in touch, for example he said I can text, Facebook or email him at anytime.
4. He said it would be hard to break the friendship with the group as he mentioned that he enjoyed my company when we were on placement together.
5. He hugged me unexpectedly - he put his arms round my middle and rubbed my back softly. It seemed to last longer than just a normal hug. I put my arms around his neck and stood on my tiptoes as he is very tall. He buried his face close into my neck - this was different as he normally has only ever hugged me once or twice before and these were routine 'hi' and 'bye' hugs. Friends don't hold he hug longer and rub your back, do they?
6. When we parted he touched his hand on my arm for a couple of seconds and I touched him back on his arm. The only ever physical contact he'd made with me before that was just high fives.
7. He made a few jokes and we were smiling and laughing together.

Previous to these signs we've had several deep conversations in addition to just namby-pampy chit chat and jokes all the time.

How does this man feel about me judging by he signs I've listed? I really like him and am totally comfortable and relaxed with him and he is he only guy I feel I can be myself with. I have never felt this way about anyone before. Please can you explain these signs and tell me how he feels/if he likes me? We won't see eachother very much now that I have left university and I will miss him. I am currently looking for jobs in the same place of work though. Explainations, Insight and advice on be helpful and I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you for reading.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HollyB92
Recently I left uni as I couldn't cope with the course. After talking to my tutor about leaving the course, I was walking home. I bumped into the guy I like from the course who I've been friends with since we started the course. I'm 20, he's 26. We do not see each other socially or text, nevertheless we are good friends and get on really well.

These are the signs he had shown when I bumped into him:

1. He said he was going to call me about me leaving the course but he said he was glad we convieniently bumped uni eachother.
2. He started complimenting me on how much I'd improved since I started, and said that I seemed shy at first but have become much more confident and open with people as the course progressed. He also mentioned about a presentation I did which he said was really good and that that was one of the first signs of me developing in confidence.
3. He said for me to keep in touch, for example he said I can text, Facebook or email him at anytime.
4. He said it would be hard to break the friendship with the group as he mentioned that he enjoyed my company when we were on placement together.
5. He hugged me unexpectedly - he put his arms round my middle and rubbed my back softly. It seemed to last longer than just a normal hug. I put my arms around his neck and stood on my tiptoes as he is very tall. He buried his face close into my neck - this was different as he normally has only ever hugged me once or twice before and these were routine 'hi' and 'bye' hugs. Friends don't hold he hug longer and rub your back, do they?
6. When we parted he touched his hand on my arm for a couple of seconds and I touched him back on his arm. The only ever physical contact he'd made with me before that was just high fives.
7. He made a few jokes and we were smiling and laughing together.

How does this man feel about me judging by he signs I've listed? I really like him and am totally comfortable and relaxed with him and he is he only guy I feel I can be myself with. I have never felt this way about anyone before. Please can you explain these signs and tell me how he feels/if he likes me? We won't see eachother very much now that I have left university and I will miss him. I am currently looking for jobs in the same place of work though. Explainations, Insight and advice on be helpful and I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you for reading.

There is no way of knowing unless you ask him.
Reply 2
Please can anyone else give me insight and advice on this? Thank you
Please can anyone else give me insight and advice on this? Thank you

It is impossible to tell what his intentions are unless you ask him or tell him how you feel about him, we haven't got a crystal ball to predict and find out how he feels unless he actually tells you, there's signs that he may like you but unless he tells you, how are you to know unless you ask?
Reply 4
Original post by Rock Fan
It is impossible to tell what his intentions are unless you ask him or tell him how you feel about him, we haven't got a crystal ball to predict and find out how he feels unless he actually tells you, there's signs that he may like you but unless he tells you, how are you to know unless you ask?

You're right, there is no way to tell. I'm too shy to ask him upfront about it. I think if he did like me he'd eventually come to me and tell me. I don't want to ask him as he has a girlfriend to prevent it from potentially becoming awkward and so that I don't get involved in their relationship. Thank you for your answers. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
You're right, there is no way to tell. I'm too shy to ask him upfront about it. I think if he did like me he'd eventually come to me and tell me. I don't want to ask him as he has a girlfriend, and I don't want to ask him when he has a girlfriend to prevent it from potentially becoming awkward and so that I don't get involved in their relationship. Thank you for your answers. :smile:

Ah if he has a girlfriend then there not really much you can do I am afraid.
Reply 6
Ah if he has a girlfriend then there not really much you can do I am afraid.

It's always difficult having feelings for someone who has a girlfriend. He has told me and others on the course that they don't really communicate very well though and that he doesn't text her very much anymore. They've been togehter 5 years and when being asked if he was going to marry her it was clear that he doesn't. When being asked about marrying her shrugged his shoulders and "You never know what will happen, I might fall in love with someone else", and then looked at me as I was there when he said this. That was embarrassing. I would've thought he'd told me by now though if he did like me - he might be fearful to dump her though, as they have been together for 5 years after all. I suppose I'm just overlooking things though and maybe It's just wishful thinking. I think he'd contact me if he had feelings for me as we're not going to see each other anymore as I've left university now. Only time will tell though.
(edited 10 years ago)
It's always difficult having feelings for someone who has a girlfriend. He has told me and others on the course that they don't really communicate very well though and that he doesn't text her very much anymore. They've been togehter 5 years and when being asked if he was going to marry her it was clear that he doesn't. When being asked about marrying her shrugged his shoulders and "You never know what will happen, I might fall in love with someone else", and then looked at me as I was there when he said this. That was embarrassing. I would've thought he'd told me by now though if he did like me, he might be fearful to dump her though, as they have been together for 5 years after all. I suppose I'm just overlooking things though and maybe It's just wishful thinking. I think he'd contact me if he had feelings for me as we're not going to see each other anymore as I've left university now.

I suspect if he really wasn't happy in the relationship, he would have dumped her. As hard as it is, as long as he is still with her even if it isn't going well, then he is off-limits unfortunately
Reply 8
I suspect if he really wasn't happy in the relationship, he would have dumped her. As hard as it is, as long as he is still with her even if it isn't going well, then he is off-limits unfortunately

That's very true. I'd never dream of being the object of an affair and ultimately ruining a relationship as that is wrong. I'd only express my interest if he was single. I think he would've dumped her by now as we've known each other for 10 months - maybe I'ts just wishful thinking and I may be overlooking things. Thank you.
(edited 10 years ago)
That's very true. I'd never dream of being the object of an affair and ultimately ruining a relationship as that is wrong. I'd only express my interest if he was single. I think he would've dumped her by now as we've known each other for 10 months - maybe I'ts just wishful thinking and I may be overlooking things. Thank you.

Who knows maybe you were over thinking it, he may well have issues, but yeah you are right not to get involved, keep ya chin up :yy: there will be someone else.
Reply 10
Who knows maybe you were over thinking it, he may well have issues, but yeah you are right not to get involved, keep ya chin up :yy: there will be someone else.

Thank you. :smile:
Why don't you just ask him. Why you are taking so much tension. Don't take any tension give other tension.:cool:
Reply 12
Or maybe he's holding onto his superficial relationship because he doesn't want to be 'not in a relationship'. It's a fairly common occurrence.

Rather than asking him about his feelings, why don't you tell him yours? It will end up in one of two ways: 1) he reciprocates and wants to start a relationship with you (naturally ending his superficial relationship) or 2) he doesn't reciprocate and you can move on, knowing it was just mixed signals (and the embarrassment will be meaningless since you're not likely to see each other again).
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending