Scroll to see replies

Original post by StudentTalk
PREDICTED GRADE BOUNDARIES:

A - 80 UMS = 63/64 RAW
B - 70 UMS = 54/55 RAW
C - 60 UMS = 46/47 RAW
D - 50 UMS = 38/39 RAW
E - 40 UMS = 30 RAW

The grade boundaries has never been above 63/75 for 80 UMS (Jan+June).
For C1 June exams, usually 72/75 was 100 UMS
The number of people taking January exams is much less than those that take it in the summer. People in A2 tend to retake C1 in January, so the paper tends to be a bit harder with lower grade boundaries roughly max 60/75 for 80 UMS.
As more people take exams in June (mainly first years) the paper is easier, therefore the grade boundary tends to be higher.
This C1 exam was an easy paper overall but it was also very easy to make silly mistakes with the signs and whatnot, but it would affect those that didn't have enough time to check or accidentally wrote the wrong things down!
So my grade boundaries have taken into account these little minor mistakes that would drag peoples grades down. It might be a mark higher than my predicted but no more than that!

Thank you so much. I was worried that it would be like 65 to get an A
Original post by Jeniffer05
What will the grade boundaries be like? Will it be like 65 for an A?

most likely 63-64. certainly not higher than that haha - could drop to about 61 though
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Full marks hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got negged for this for some reason

Are people really that sad?
I am saying 61 or 62 for an A, the paper was straightforward, but I can see many silly mistakes being made.
Reply 224
So would 73 be 100 UMS?
Original post by Mathc
So would 73 be 100 UMS?

98 most likely :tongue:
Reply 226
how can i mess up on QUESTION 1? HOW?!
What I've done is that i wrote minus root 5 + 1 instead of just root 5 plus 1 when i was rationalising the denominator, and i didn't get the final answer, curse that handwriting of mine. but asides from that as well as forgetting to write x=0 as an asymptote in one of the last questions that paper was laughably easy, probably about 62 marks for an A. same cannot be said about M1 though, probably only picked up between 43-47 marks out of 75, especially because of that retarded moments question and last part of question 8, as well as a silly error on the motorbike part of q.5
Reply 227
Original post by StudentTalk
PREDICTED GRADE BOUNDARIES:

A - 80 UMS = 63/64 RAW
B - 70 UMS = 54/55 RAW
C - 60 UMS = 46/47 RAW
D - 50 UMS = 38/39 RAW
E - 40 UMS = 30 RAW

The grade boundaries has never been above 63/75 for 80 UMS (Jan+June).
For C1 June exams, usually 72/75 was 100 UMS
The number of people taking January exams is much less than those that take it in the summer. People in A2 tend to retake C1 in January, so the paper tends to be a bit harder with lower grade boundaries roughly max 60/75 for 80 UMS.
As more people take exams in June (mainly first years) the paper is easier, therefore the grade boundary tends to be higher.
This C1 exam was an easy paper overall but it was also very easy to make silly mistakes with the signs and whatnot, but it would affect those that didn't have enough time to check or accidentally wrote the wrong things down!
So my grade boundaries have taken into account these little minor mistakes that would drag peoples grades down. It might be a mark higher than my predicted but no more than that!

i forgot to give the y value in the simultaneous equations question but i got everything else correct. will i lose a mark and if so, what ums will i get?? thanks alot
Original post by bnathan
i forgot to give the y value in the simultaneous equations question but i got everything else correct. will i lose a mark and if so, what ums will i get?? thanks alot

Can anyone Say what grade I may get if I gain 90% in c1, s1 ,c2 and screw up in m1 getting 73%.....what will i need in c3, c4 to get A* in maths?
Original post by davidbaroi
Can anyone Say what grade I may get if I gain 90% in c1, s1 ,c2 and screw up in m1 getting 73%.....what will i need in c3, c4 to get A* in maths?

If an A level maths student can't calculate that themselves based on an assumption that % is approximately equal to UMS then I'm not sure what the world has come to :frown:
If those estimates are accurate you will need to get 180 UMS from C3 + C4 to get an overall A*
Original post by davidbaroi

If you say percentage is equal to UMS which its not then thats 90 UMS * 3 + 73 UMS = 343 UMS

To get an A* you need 480 and 180 UMS in C3 + C4 to

so basically get 180 UMS and you'll be fine
Reply 231
Would 66 be enough for an A?
Original post by ljc123
Would 66 be enough for an A?

Yes, 66/75 should be enough. :smile:
Reply 233
For part B of the mobile phone sequence question...... how many marks do you think i would get if i just got the sum of 21 weeks correct?
Reply 234
Yay 100%! :biggrin:

thanks Arsey :smile:
Can someone plz answer me:
for the moment question (m1), u have to form 2 equations to find the mass and solve it simultaneously, but i made a mistake in one of them,so does that mean that i am goin to lose all 8 marks plus the 6 marks question to find AX?
I think it was quite an easy paper..i just don't know why i screwed up the moment question..
Reply 236
Hey, how does Edexcel work with follow through marks. Particularly on the mobile phones question and the question after where you had to find the intersection. I believe I got the first part on both of those stupidly wrong, but surely if for the second part my method is right i should get most of the marks for that question?

Also, what is the situation where I write the correct answer but then write an attempt at simplifying it directly below which is wrong? For some reason I had an absolute howler in C1, but with regards to what I think I should still have between 60-65 based on my presumptions for marks. :/
Reply 237
Hi can you post the unofficial mark schemes of other subjects too?
Original post by S.ahmed
Hi can you post the unofficial mark schemes of other subjects too?

The reason he can post these unofficial maths marks schemes is that he is an expert maths teacher and he writes them to help students. Mr M does similar things for other maths examiners and for Edexcel GCSE. Maths247 often posts quick video solutions. These are all contributions generously made by people giving up their free time. There are post-exam discussions in each of the other subject forums.
What would 73/75 be in UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending