The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Such a nice day outside :biggrin: just waiting on my parents to come pick me up now :h: blue skies, sunny for once!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is it so hard to get up in the morning?
Original post by -FireFlies-
Such a nice day outside :biggrin: just waiting on my parents to come pick me up now :h: blue skies, sunny for once!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lovely, lovely! It's nice and bright here, too - a pity I'm stuck inside. I'll be out for most of the day on Sunday, though. :smile:

May I ask, are you expected to eat when you're out? I'm expected to have a 100-calorie "afternoon snack", leaving after lunch and getting back before dinner, but I usually just drink a cappuccino - Starbucks's and Costa's add up to the right amount, and make me feel less guilty, dirty, and degraded than most eating.
Reply 643
Possibly triggering re blood tests

Spoiler

Original post by HmMusic
Possibly triggering re blood tests

Spoiler

TW re: eating disorders, maybe?

Spoiler

Reply 645
Original post by sunfowers01
Why is it so hard to get up in the morning?

Yeh ikr :s-smilie: and even when I do manage to get up, I just sit there too lazy to be doing anything useful or productive whatsoever :/ even though I badly need the time! *_*
Reply 646
Original post by PonchoKid
finished my essay :biggrin: :woo:

now time to take a big fat zopi as im wide awake and get some sleep!

:woo:

Did you get sleep then? I only got 3 hours.

Original post by PonchoKid
Theres mice everywhere. Things crawling all over me. I cant cope :frown: ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooo :lovehug:

Original post by IDukem
I didn't realise I had magic powers!! The way I get ignored and people not realising that I exist has led me to believe I can be invisible.

Oh no :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, nice weather outside :biggrin: hope you have a great day :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aemiliana
I've run out of propranolol and I have an exam in less than two hours. I'm trying very hard to avoid a panic attack... I guess at least the uni has put exam stuff in place so if I have a panic attack in the exam something something I don't remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find that I'm more likely to have a panic attack if I expect to have one. It's very difficult, when they're on your mind, but my advice would be to try not to think of panic attacks. I know it sounds insipid, but it's all I can say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enjoy your day!! :smile:

Original post by Meaty_man
I think a few people on this thread dont bother with FB anymore because its too triggering, and i kinda feel it is for me too. So you're definately not alone :hugs:

For me it serves as a constant reminder that i haven't been in a relationship for around 5 years now. It makes me feel terrible that seeing other peoples happiness makes me depressed, but i can't help it.

Thanks, it means a lot to me that I'm not alone. I know what you mean, I see other people taking pictures with their friends and having fun and it makes me feel awful. I might just get rid of it, I think it does a lot more harm than good anyway. :frown:

Original post by avhhs
I'm like that too a lot of the time :sad: I know it isn't good to think like that but I can't stop myself :hugs:

Thank you! :hugs: It's nice to feel like I'm not alone.

Today I'm feeling nervous because I'm going to work again tomorrow, it's only my second shift back after being signed off for almost 6 months, so... :<
Reply 649
Feel so awful. Got an exam tomorrow and was meant to go in for revision. Only got about 2 hours sleep so didn't go in and now my mum's having a go at me.

I'm gonna fail the exam and no one in this house cares about how I feel :frown:
Reply 650
Original post by lethean girl
TW re: eating disorders, maybe?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Depressed to the point of crying because i cannot do my essay, i can't write, i can't get into university, i'm useless, i'm so tired, the deadline's in two hours. I hate my miserable life
Original post by Mouse Potato
Does anyone else constantly wish they had a more 'normal' life? :frown: Literally every time I go on facebook I feel awful because everyone else has friends and hobbies and is successful and things. I don't know, probably a bit tired / hormonal but I just feel really upset this evening. :frown:

I get like this a lot :frown: so I feel your pain. It's bad at the moment for me because graduation and "I passed my exams and am en route to *enter success here*" statuses are starting which always set me off so much :frown:
Original post by sadpanda123
I get like this a lot :frown: so I feel your pain. It's bad at the moment for me because graduation and "I passed my exams and am en route to *enter success here*" statuses are starting which always set me off so much :frown:

Yeah, mine's all full of people graduating and doing exams and getting accepted onto postgrad places. Always a surefire way to ruin my day. :frown:

I've finally received my letter from my CPN for my University accommodation! I've sent it off now so hopefully I'll hear back soon about whether I've been accepted and whether my gerbil can come with me. I'm feeling quite nervous about it but also quite good because if it works out then next year will be a LOT less stressful.

I've also started looking at Ocado and I'm now feeling much better about the idea of living on campus next year. I'm weird when it comes to food shopping and the big supermarkets near campus made me really anxious last year, so I was a bit worried about it. Now I'm happy that I'll be able to order all my food online. Saves me time too! :smile:
Original post by lethean girl
I find that I'm more likely to have a panic attack if I expect to have one. It's very difficult, when they're on your mind, but my advice would be to try not to think of panic attacks. I know it sounds insipid, but it's all I can say.

Haha I know! Thankfully I didn't have one. I also now know how the whole DSO exams thing works - I can take breaks when I need to and the time will get added back on. I think that just knowing that I can do that helped me avoid a panic attack.
:hello: Been a little while since I've been on here, stuffs been kinda tricky. Anyhow, gonna try and catch up on the thread a bit but, hope you lovely people are all doing ok :smile:
Reply 656
Im really sad.

I cant start a new uni course bc ive already used 2 years of funding, i only have 2 years of funding left and i need 3. So in september im going back to do a course i hate. Its gonna make my depression worse again:frown:

im not looking forward to september. Whats the point anymore
It seems that feeling horrible, depressed and hopeless increases proportionately with the closeness of my exams :s-smilie:

It's really making me tired....I mean, studying for the past days has been fine, and I've pretty much followed my schedule, but whenever it crosses my mind that my exam is after tomorrow, I start to get into a horrible panic, and feel so desperate and scared. And there are times when I even just start crying. The tension I keep on feeling with the dawning of the exam just hinders me really but the problem is that I can't help it no matter what I try doing.

When I've still got time before an exam, I just try to keep calm and get through studying by forcing myself to imagine that I'm living just another normal uni day and that I've just got a little quiz coming up or something (since I've managed to get rid of the horrible fear and panic I used to get out of quizzes as well *_*) so that makes studying a bit less of a nausea, but that just doesn't work one or two days before the exam, so I turn into a horrible, under-performing mess :s-smilie: It's just tiring, very tiring :frown:
Reply 658

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enjoy yourself :smile:
Reply 659
Original post by thatsthebadger93
:hello: Been a little while since I've been on here, stuffs been kinda tricky. Anyhow, gonna try and catch up on the thread a bit but, hope you lovely people are all doing ok :smile:

:wavey: Long time no see!

Latest