The Student Room Group

D1 (Decision 1) 17 May 2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine
I think I have made a mistake not sure but if you have a look at page 104 exercise 5G question 1)b) the activities happening should be G,H and F as well

Only G & H MUST be happening as F MAY be happening but the Q asks which MUST be happening so it'll only be G & H because F can start at 8 & end at 18.

EDIT: I think there's a mistake because it states midday so wouldn't it be just J & I?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Do we only need to know the definitions given in the glossary?

Seems that way, yes :smile: Because I think they've only asked to define terms which are in that glossary in recent papers, so make sense ! :biggrin:
Original post by Fortitude
Only G & H MUST be happening as F MAY be happening but the Q asks which MUST be happening so it'll only be G & H because F can start at 8 & end at 18.

EDIT: I think there's a mistake because it states midday so wouldn't it be just J & I?

But it has a float time of 5 so you can move it to the right so the worker could start at day day 13 and end at day 23

Just to inform you is 1)b) so must be happening on midday 21
Original post by posthumus
Seems that way, yes :smile: Because I think they've only asked to define terms which are in that glossary in recent papers, so make sense ! :biggrin:

Hi

I think I have made a mistake not sure but if you have a look at page 104 exercise 5G question 1)b) the activities happening should be G,H and F as well

me and fortitude get different answers? can u check please :smile:
But it has a float time of 5 so you can move it to the right so the worker could start at day day 13 and end at day 23

That's right but Q asks which activities MUST be happening so for definite which activities will be happening & F could/may be happening not must so if the Q asked which activities MAY be happening then you'd write F.
(I think there's a mistake in it btw because it states at midday so wouldn't it just be J & I?)
how would you define total float?
That's right but Q asks which activities MUST be happening so for definite which activities will be happening & F could/may be happening not must so if the Q asked which activities MAY be happening then you'd write F.
(I think there's a mistake in it btw because it states at midday so wouldn't it just be J & I?)

when they write midday , it means 20.5 not 21.5
Original post by hannahvi0let
how would you define total float?

I'd just write the latest event time - earliest event time - duration of the event :smile:
when they write midday , it means 20.5 not 21.5

Oh ok, then again it'd just be G & H :smile:
I'd just write the latest event time - earliest event time - duration of the event :smile:

okay thanks! :smile:
Reply 510
No you use the log thingy for finding how many iterations in binary search :smile:

In this case use this: n/2 (n-1)

therefore 3 x 5 = 15

I seriously hope you get A* tomorrow! :biggrin: I hated this question as it was unclear.

Got a question though, if N is equal to 2.03.

Would I pick 3 or 2 iterations?

I'd say 3 , right? Ty in advanc
Oh ok, then again it'd just be G & H :smile:

I still have trouble agreeing with that because take a look at question 2)a) which activities must be happening at 12 noon on day 8 , so 7.5 I drew a vertical line,

The activities must be happening is C,D which is what I got and the book got

but E cannot happen because it has a float of 5 and starts at day 8 ,

this is similar to question 1)b) day 13 end at 23

do u get what I mean
I still have trouble agreeing with that because take a look at question 2)a) which activities must be happening at 12 noon on day 8 , so 7.5 I drew a vertical line,

The activities must be happening is C,D which is what I got and the book got

but E cannot happen because it has a float of 5 and starts at day 8 ,

this is similar to question 1)b) day 13 end at 23

do u get what I mean

Yes it is C & D for Q2, my answer in the book only has C & D not E :s-smilie:
Hi

me and fortitude get different answers? can u check please :smile:

Not F, the float is large enough for it to avoid that time, and even in the diagram it's not crossing 20.5. The question asked which activities must be happening at midday of the 21st day (20.5)

H definitely

and G obviously :smile:
Not F, the float is large enough for it to avoid that time, and even in the diagram it's not crossing 20.5. The question asked which activities must be happening at midday of the 21st day (20.5)

H definitely

and G obviously :smile:

Cause in all the papers I did my way seems correct but only question 1)b)

because when they say must be happening, I have to consider the float time as I can move the boxes , because in F it has a float of 5 and so I can make F start at day 13 and end at day 10 because F has 10 boxes and a float time of 5? Do I not do that
Yes it is C & D for Q2, my answer in the book only has C & D not E :s-smilie:

I got C and D as well

But tell me one thing, why is E not the answer because it does happen at day 7.5 as you can see from the diagram
Original post by Vaner
I seriously hope you get A* tomorrow! :biggrin: I hated this question as it was unclear.

Got a question though, if N is equal to 2.03.

Would I pick 3 or 2 iterations?

I'd say 3 , right? Ty in advanc

Lol thanks, it would be amazing if I got over 90 UMS :tongue: I would be sorted for an A in A level maths :smile: I got 50 UMS in January :tongue:

And no, always round down :smile: so you should go for 2
Cause in all the papers I did my way seems correct but only question 1)b)

because when they say must be happening, I have to consider the float time as I can move the boxes , because in F it has a float of 5 and so I can make F start at day 13 and end at day 10 because F has 10 boxes and a float time of 5? Do I not do that

No you don't consider the float times...
... well only to move it and see if it can avoid the time they have states that if they ask which must be happening.

If they asked may be happening, then you would also include the float time... but I don't think they'd ask you that, that's way too easy :tongue:
Lol thanks, it would be amazing if I got over 90 UMS :tongue: I would be sorted for an A in A level maths :smile: I got 50 UMS in January :tongue:

And no, always round down :smile: so you should go for 2

but wait in Binary if you have 2.03 you make it 3, and check the name of the person?
I got C and D as well

But tell me one thing, why is E not the answer because it does happen at day 7.5 as you can see from the diagram

E has a TF of 5 so it could move 5 to the right & if it does it would start at 8 & end at 18 so it may be happening not must.:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest