The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath or Birmingham for NatSci - academic criteria only, please!

I know the obvious differences around location, size, urban vs. not....but I'm really interested in people's experience/opinions of the academic standing of the two in the sciences, particularly physical sciences - thanks!
Bath's Natural Sciences course is awesome, there's plenty of flexibilty of modules you can take and you also have the option to do a year in industry! Although I study Chemistry, I have lectures with NatSci students (my flatmate is a natsci aswell) and you get plenty of contact hours, and time in the lab (separate to the chemistry department) and also tutors for each of the sciences to help you with any problems with the study material. (E.g. I have one for Organic, Physical and Inorganic).

Although I can't speak about the Physics/Maths modules I assume they're just as good as the Chemistry (but obviously Chemistry is THE best :wink:)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by bekylouisex3
Bath's Natural Sciences course is awesome, there's plenty of flexibilty of modules you can take and you also have the option to do a year in industry! Although I study Chemistry, I have lectures with NatSci students (my flatmate is a natsci aswell) and you get plenty of contact hours, and time in the lab (separate to the chemistry department) and also tutors for each of the sciences to help you with any problems with the study material. (E.g. I have one for Organic, Physical and Inorganic).

Although I can't speak about the Physics/Maths modules I assume they're just as good as the Chemistry (but obviously Chemistry is THE best :wink:)

Thank you :-) he ended up insuring bath in the end. We'll see!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome hope he gets in! :smile: if he has any questions feel free to message me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest