The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faye__1996
Why there would be low nitrate in winter? Or whatever it was?

i said because it would be too cold for bacteria ... Fail

i wrote about the water being frozen over...
Original post by shannanclark_
When are you allowed to put the answers up cause someone needs to do it already!! I need a B as I have a conditional to do Podiatry and I have absolutely no idea how it went! HELP!

Last year you could drop 58 marks out of 130 and still get a B :smile: and that was an easy paper! So this year maybe you could drop even 60, and that's almost half! I'm sure you've got it :smile:
Original post by beccaboo97
i wrote about the water being frozen over...

its probably that the heavy rainfall diluted it as people here said, oh well! Certainly a bad start to my exams
Overall the paper could have been a little worse :s

BUT I did notice a few things, where was the usual SAN & AVN node heart question?Nothing on infertility which I dont think has came up in ages! Nothing about RBC...

And the Q1 for the essays was good but the part 2 was hell itself! D: I attempted the meosis one and the liver one. For the liver I wrote about deamination, detoxification, gave brief descriptions of both, bile acting as an emulsifier...any of that sound right?
Also what did people write for the one about the gran and baby being more vunerable to hypothermia?
Reply 224
If its the one I'm thinking about it was below the diagram and it asked you to name Y (or something) which I put down seminal vesicles, then for a function of it :smile: I put down fructose and that it provides enegry needed for the sperm to swim. I think you could also put down about prostaglands and how that helps the uters was walls contract (or something like that) :biggrin: hope that is of some help to you

Yeah I wrote about prostaglandins as I didn't know whether the seminal vesicle was a structure on its own :lol:

Thanks.

BUT I did notice a few things, where was the usual SAN & AVN node heart question?Nothing on infertility which I dont think has came up in ages! Nothing about RBC...

And the Q1 for the essays was good but the part 2 was hell itself! D: I attempted the meosis one and the liver one. For the liver I wrote about deamination, detoxification, gave brief descriptions of both, bile acting as an emulsifier...any of that sound right?
Also what did people write for the one about the gran and baby being more vunerable to hypothermia?

I'm so glad you've said about your first essay because that's exactly what I wrote! did you say anything about rbcs?
and the baby has a larger sa:vol ratio so loses heat more quickly and the elderly persons temperature regulating mechanisms are not very effective, sound about right?

There weren't that many calculations either :s

haha the gran and baby picture made me giggle a bit, I put her metabolism won't be as high so she won't generate as much heat, you?
Last year you could drop 58 marks out of 130 and still get a B :smile: and that was an easy paper! So this year maybe you could drop even 60, and that's almost half! I'm sure you've got it :smile:

Oh thanks but I sat it last year and got a D lol.. but looking back on the paper from last year I did much better in it last year so that's hopefully an alright sign! how did you find it?
Oh thanks but I sat it last year and got a D lol.. but looking back on the paper from last year I did much better in it last year so that's hopefully an alright sign! how did you find it?

You will have done great don't worry!!! And really bad :frown: quite gutting because I'm certain I won't get an A which I really need :frown: I will be happy with a B after that disaster!
You will have done great don't worry!!! And really bad :frown: quite gutting because I'm certain I won't get an A which I really need :frown: I will be happy with a B after that disaster!

I hope so I feel I know more than last year but I hate not knowing haha! what do you need an A for?? what makes you think you done badly?
guys that's 24 hours after th exam now lol does anyone has answers?
Hey, how is everyone?? After studying for English today. I remembered a question which was something about what is the study called that measures population or something ?? Can anyone remember it and let me know what they wrote ? :s-smilie:

Thanks !!
I hope so I feel I know more than last year but I hate not knowing haha! what do you need an A for?? what makes you think you done badly?

Considering you need last year 68% for an A and 78% + for an A*. This year, my teacher said that he questions were worded weird and unexpecting but overall she said it should've been easy. But by seeing all the feedback from everyone that sat it yesterday. It didn't seem to straight forward and easy therefore I think and hope that the SQA will maybe drop the pass mark for an A this year.
Original post by itsGrand131415
Hey, how is everyone?? After studying for English today. I remembered a question which was something about what is the study called that measures population or something ?? Can anyone remember it and let me know what they wrote ? :s-smilie:

Thanks !!

This question was in my NAB and I put demography but it was wrong but I wrote it again cuz I had no clue :s you?

And having to wait till August is the killerrrr!!! I wanted to apply to medicine :frown: even dentistry asks for an A so I'm kinda screwed :frown: and for starters in my kidney essay I basically wrote about the liver hahaha not good!
This question was in my NAB and I put demography but it was wrong but I wrote it again cuz I had no clue :s you?

I wrote Demographic Transition Model :/ I don't know if that's correct or not :frown:
I wrote Demographic Transition Model :/ I don't know if that's correct or not :frown:

Like people have said .... There was hardly any ACTUAL human biology! :confused:
And having to wait till August is the killerrrr!!! I wanted to apply to medicine :frown: even dentistry asks for an A so I'm kinda screwed :frown: and for starters in my kidney essay I basically wrote about the liver hahaha not good!

If you get a B this year they might offer you conditions for an A! I thought the kidney essay woulda been better but i did the liver one and I'm not sure if it was right! what did you do for the first essay?
I really hope that the SQA will be lenient in their marking this year because lets be honest the exam was completely different from all the previous years !:/
Considering you need last year 68% for an A and 78% + for an A*. This year, my teacher said that he questions were worded weird and unexpecting but overall she said it should've been easy. But by seeing all the feedback from everyone that sat it yesterday. It didn't seem to straight forward and easy therefore I think and hope that the SQA will maybe drop the pass mark for an A this year.

Oh I'm not too bothered about As lol :smile: as long as I get my B I'm cool!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending