The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FO12DY
Fair enough, I bow to your vaster experience.

I think WolframAlpha led me to believe it generally wasn't, when I was looking it up for my own use, and wasn't sure about the notation. I went with the superscript for clarity.

That makes me sounds like I was trying to appeal to some kind of authority. :tongue: Nah it does just depend on the situation - only that for computer scientists et al. the situations where having 0 is more convenient occurs by far more often than if the inclusion of 0 causes inconvenience.
Reply 2541
Are there any Americans on here? I'm half American so it isn't a witch-hunt! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I Could still be admitted with AAB (conditions AAA) it i had a valid reason?my father was diagnosed and treated for cancer this year and I've been under significant stress

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2543
Original post by Equanimitous
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I Could still be admitted with AAB (conditions AAA) it i had a valid reason?my father was diagnosed and treated for cancer this year and I've been under significant stress

Posted from TSR Mobile

The university says you may still be admitted if you miss your offer, I'm sure due to your circumstances they may allow you to.

Contacting them is the best answer I can give you though!

Also, I hope your dad's well!
Reply 2544
Original post by Emmav123
Are there any Americans on here? I'm half American so it isn't a witch-hunt! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am!
Well, half American, half British, live in the US but moving to the UK soon :biggrin:
Reply 2545
Original post by azurial
I'm worrying about the same thing!!

I'm interested now:
Any Christ's reputations? I've heard it's got a shower in it's library and it's fairly hard working.
Also, what is the name given to a Christ's student?! Christian? Haha

Another potential Christ's fresher? BTW, I guess everyone somehow fears he or she will not make the offer.
Reply 2546
Original post by Pandin
Another potential Christ's fresher? BTW, I guess everyone somehow fears he or she will not make the offer.

I am, yes! BioNatsci, yourself?
Reply 2547
Original post by azurial
I am, yes! BioNatsci, yourself?

Economics, good luck! :wink:
Quick question to all of you, what GCSE's did y'all get ? I'll be applying to Uni next year, and I feel like my AS grades will be good enough, but my GCSE's will hold me back.
Reply 2549
Original post by Pandin
Economics, good luck! :wink:

You too!

For fear of going off topic, what's your offer? If you don't mind me asking...
Original post by dsfdsfdsf
Quick question to all of you, what GCSE's did y'all get ? I'll be applying to Uni next year, and I feel like my AS grades will be good enough, but my GCSE's will hold me back.

AS grades trump GCSEs - so don't worry about it unless you got a D in English Language or something.
Reply 2551
Original post by azurial
You too!

For fear of going off topic, what's your offer? If you don't mind me asking...

I do the German Abitur and for me it's 1.0, but another Christ's Economics offer holder's was A*A*A which is approx. at the same level I guess... And your offer is?
Reply 2552
Original post by Pandin
I do the German Abitur and for me it's 1.0, but another Christ's Economics offer holder's was A*A*A which is approx. at the same level I guess... And your offer is?

You don't know how happy that has made me!
Mine is A*A*A... But, moreover, I do A levels in Biology, Chemistry and German.
If you're actually a German speaker, i'd love it if we could chat occasionally! I'd hate to lose my language skills! ( After A Levels, I'm spending 3 months working in Frankfurt :wink: )
Ouch, sounds like some of you guys got really hard offers! If Christ's had offered me A*A*A I'd be screaming right now... as it is, I'm only yelping quietly right now :wink: I don't think they make offers that they don't think are possible to achieve though, so all any of us can do is our best.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2554
Original post by DJMayes
Try having A*AA11... :lol:

Just out of curiosity, is that for "straight" Mathematics?
Quite glad they didn't base my offer this year on the extra AS's I'm doing. Although admittedly I may have started earlier than a week before the exam if so... :tongue: :lol:
Just did my first exam... it did not go well. The Fear has officially set in.
Reply 2557
Done with exams! Fingers crossed for my offer grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emmav123
Done with exams! Fingers crossed for my offer grades!

Best of luck, I'm guessing you do/did IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FO12DY
Just out of curiosity, is that for "straight" Mathematics?

Of course! Whilst I have nothing against the Maths with Physics option the practicals would be the death of me... :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending