The Student Room Group

What's Psychology A-Level like?

Scroll to see replies

I am currently just finishing AS psychology and sociology! I find psychology good but challenging, as said already, unit 2 of AS is a lot better than unit 1. In Unit 1, you do attachment and memory and research methods. In Unit 2, you do stress and a wide range of types of stress, they also do research methods.
Sociology and Psychology are similar so I recommend doing both as they will help you out, but try not to get confused between the two!

Hop
Original post by lauraaaaa
Mine too! 100UMS

Someones got a big head.
Original post by SimpleTom
Someones got a big head.

No, they asked me what I got. I didn't start a discussion saying I thought I got full ums when I haven't got a clue what I got yet.
Reply 23
Original post by SimpleTom
Someones got a big head.

...That doesn't make sense
Original post by 3607
...That doesn't make sense

It's because I commented that exact thing on a discussion he posted saying he was very sure he'd gotten full UMS on a geography paper he sat on Tuesday but seeing as I'd been asked what I got, which happened to be full UMS, it didn't have quite the same effect.
Original post by chelseajanet
Hi! I'm starting A-Levels in September. I've almost completed Psychology GCSE but what is the A-Level like?
I'll also be studying Philosophy, Religious Studies and Sociology

Edit: It's AQA Psychology and that's all I know. I think all of them are AQA

I don't do AQA Psychology. I do OCR. However I know someone who does OCR and judging by what people have said on this thread there is a lot of content. In other subjects there is also a lot of content. But the amount of content in Psychology is just way way too much. I'm not sure about AQA but I make the assumption they are similar to OCR in a sense of, even though there is mass amounts to remember they are not lenient if small details are missed out. Although I could be wrong here as I've never studied AQA Psychology.

From what I know from people who do OCR and AQA it requires a good memory for you to be at an advantage. But even I don't have a good memory it just means you forget small details we have to be relearned.
Reply 26
It's because I commented that exact thing on a discussion he posted saying he was very sure he'd gotten full UMS on a geography paper he sat on Tuesday but seeing as I'd been asked what I got, which happened to be full UMS, it didn't have quite the same effect.

Haha, he's desperate for revenge so I guess he'll latch onto whatever he can, even if there's just the most infinitesimally small similarity.
Original post by 3607
Haha, he's desperate for revenge so I guess he'll latch onto whatever he can, even if there's just the most infinitesimally small similarity.

Apparently I'm a whale...this gets better hahah.
Reply 28
Mine too! 100UMS

and me! social influence is a bit tedious but i love the abnormality section!! i also got 100UMS in unit 1 - long story short - PSYCHOLOGY IS AMAZING:colondollar:
Original post by kited4
and me! social influence is a bit tedious but i love the abnormality section!! i also got 100UMS in unit 1 - long story short - PSYCHOLOGY IS AMAZING:colondollar:

Yeah, I'm really really enjoying psychology! It's the social change bit that I'm not quite grasping but hopefully getting help tomorrow. So glad I did well, the teacher has VERY high hopes for me hahah. Well done on 100 UMS :biggrin:
Reply 30
****e. All essay based so you're either good or not I've found, some people seem able to get the marks, others know everything but because they didn't say it in a certain style they don't. Also loads of content, absolutely loads.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending