The Student Room Group

OCR History B

Hi, I was wondering If anyone is taking the source exam for ocr history B on Tuesday. (14 may 2013) if so, I'm having trouble with structuring my answer and how to evaluate the sources. Any advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi, I'm taking the exam too!
What unit are you doing? Im doing Italian unification...

I'd recommend trying to compare the sources throughout in the first question and looking at the provenance closely, who is the author? date? where? why?
As for the 2nd question with all the sources, group on whether they agree or disagree and try to compare throughout, looking at the dates, authors, motives etc.

Hope it helps?
Reply 2
I'm taking this exam tomorrow too - German History.

I wish the best of luck to you guys and anyone else sitting it!
Reply 3
Original post by tomj45
I'm taking this exam tomorrow too - German History.

I wish the best of luck to you guys and anyone else sitting it!

You too. I pray we don't get FRG/GDR.
Reply 4
Original post by Paparazzo
You too. I pray we don't get FRG/GDR.

Oh God haha everyone is saying this. I think this is the only time people are allowed to say "Let's hope it's the Nazis tomorrow". We are due a pre-war paper but you can never be certain until you are in the exam
Reply 5
Original post by 24hoursmiles
Hi, I'm taking the exam too!
What unit are you doing? Im doing Italian unification...

I'd recommend trying to compare the sources throughout in the first question and looking at the provenance closely, who is the author? date? where? why?
As for the 2nd question with all the sources, group on whether they agree or disagree and try to compare throughout, looking at the dates, authors, motives etc.

Hope it helps?

I'm doing the impact of war in British society and politics. Exam is just in a few hours, 🙀😱 I'm terrified!
Good luck with your exam today, I hope you ace it! Your advice is very helpful, thank you!
Hi guys- Basically, I ran out of time in my 70 Marker and I didn't do a judgement at the end....How many marks will I lose? :frown:
Im so worried- I was hoping to apply to Oxford- I reckon the dream is over now
Reply 7
How well do you think you did in the 30 marker? My teacher says if you did well in the first part then it is a bit of a safety cushion for the second part but that depends on how you performed for the rest of the 70 marker...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
So thankful it was Nazi Germany. Part A was worded awfully: "methods" of what? How he brushes his teeth?

The Sources weren't much better.
Hi guys, I did this today on The Origins of the American Civil war :smile: I thought it went ok but question a) was pretty weird, but luckily the sources were good ones mostly
I did the Italian Unification unit on Tuesday! :smile:
Thought it was a good question on the role of Mazzini, however wasn't much own knowledge to support the sources due to his lack of any physical involvement throughout unification.
However, the sources could not have been better, extremely clear and lots to say.
Anyone else do this unit?
Original post by bluediamond16
I did the Italian Unification unit on Tuesday! :smile:
Thought it was a good question on the role of Mazzini, however wasn't much own knowledge to support the sources due to his lack of any physical involvement throughout unification.
However, the sources could not have been better, extremely clear and lots to say.
Anyone else do this unit?

Yeah, I did this unit too! I agree, good sources. The main bits of own knowledge I tried to add where examples of people he had inspired, e.g the bandeira brothers, garibaldi to take the south but as you said there wasn't too much you could add through own knowledge!
Reply 12
There wasn't much in the Sources for Hitler's methods either (in part a)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending