The Student Room Group

UMS - Can someone work out

Basically I have sat my Unit 1 Geography Paper and I think I quite comfortably achieved full UMS (140)

The raw marks are 120 - 74 is to get an A, 88 is to achieve full UMS

So say I got 90/120 - 140 UMS

And in unit 2 which is out of 50 raw marks and 60 UMS, I achieved 43/50 - which is also full UMS

= 200UMS

What minimum percentage would I need to achieve in my 2 A2 units for Geography, they are out of 90 (120 UMS) and 60 raw marks (80 UMS) respectively to achieve an A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well if you got full ums marks at AS, that means you only need 60% of the UMS marks at A2 to get an A at A2, so 120/200 UMS marks at A2 - basically on the C boundary.

Last year it was 45/90 & 32/60 for a C in the A2 modules, so that's 51% minimum to get an A overall.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Piguy
Well if you got full ums marks at AS, that means you only need 60% of the UMS marks at A2 to get an A at A2, so 120/200 UMS marks at A2 - basically on the C boundary.

Last year it was 45/90 & 32/60 for a C in the A2 modules, so that's 51% minimum to get an A overall.

Oh nice! Cheers :smile:
Original post by SimpleTom
Basically I have sat my Unit 1 Geography Paper and I think I quite comfortably achieved full UMS (140)

And in unit 2 which is out of 50 raw marks and 60 UMS, I achieved 43/50 - which is also full UMS

= 200UMS

What minimum percentage would I need to achieve in my 2 A2 units for Geography, they are out of 90 (120 UMS) and 60 raw marks (80 UMS) respectively to achieve an A

Someone has a big head
Reply 4
Original post by lauraaaaa
Someone has a big head

How so? I revised a lot for an exam and it paid off?

And Unit 2 everyone knows is easy.

Someone hasn't done that well in there A levels...
Reply 5

= 200UMS

Howwww did you do well on such a horrible paper? :/
If you've done so well at AS, why are you aiming for an A? Aim for over 90% UMS in your A2 units and get an A*
How so? I revised a lot for an exam and it paid off?

And Unit 2 everyone knows is easy.

No babe I got an A in geography AS in year eleven thanks very much.
Reply 7
Original post by Agdsten
Howwww did you do well on such a horrible paper? :/
If you've done so well at AS, why are you aiming for an A? Aim for over 90% UMS in your A2 units and get an A*

I guess I just revised the right things, quite lucky actually.

I only need AAA for my uni, and my other AS's went ok, but not as well as Geog - I am doing my A2's in June because our school does a 2 year course so wont have a lot of time to revise - so basically I am seeing if I can get away with revising little on this paper so I can revise and focus more on the others
Reply 8

Then why is it big headed to think you got more than 74% which is full UMS on this paper?
Then why is it big headed to think you got more than 74% which is full UMS on this paper?

Because you don't know how well you did and you'll look like an absolute dick if you don't get full UMS. It looks as if you're saying 'I'm so fabulous' when you don't know. I'm not saying you won't have, just saying there's no need come across so up yourself and claim that I did rubbish just because I'm saying something about it.

Owned :wink:
Reply 11
Because you don't know how well you did and you'll look like an absolute dick if you don't get full UMS. It looks as if you're saying 'I'm so fabulous' when you don't know. I'm not saying you won't have, just saying there's no need come across so up yourself and claim that I did rubbish just because I'm saying something about it.

I want to hypothetically calculate the mark that I think I got. You really are thick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to hypothetically calculate the mark that I think I got. You really are thick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that 'insult' makes you feel better then that's cool.
Original post by eggfriedrice
Owned :wink:

I didn't mean it in that way particularly, just counteracting the argument that I'd done crap in my a levels haha
I didn't mean it in that way particularly, just counteracting the argument that I'd done crap in my a levels haha

I just love how he expected you to do badly... then you did just as good, but a year younger. Haha.
Original post by eggfriedrice
I just love how he expected you to do badly... then you did just as good, but a year younger. Haha.

Haha I know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confused- have you actually got your results for this exam yet?

If not, why not wait for results day and know your mark for definite?
Original post by RainReader

No they haven't, they're just pretty certain they have full UMS...
No they haven't, they're just pretty certain they have full UMS...

That's what I thought. :rolleyes:

Hopefully their mark matches their arrogance then...
Reply 19
Original post by RainReader

Our school does a two year course - I am doing A2 later this month

Quick Reply

Latest