The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Der_Linguist
They're not fighting to protect our country. If they hadn't gone into war, 7/7 would not have happened - FACT. They're not selfless or brave, they're doing it because it's a job, with a wage. Besides, they know the reasons for entering into war and the army, and why the government is, too. So, are they ignorant to the truth, or just beyond caring? How can they possibly be protecting our country? Killing incident civilians doesn't protect us in the slightest, which is what they spend their time doing. If I travel to the middle east, and kill some people, am I a hero? No - I am a killer.

The only people who protect are country work in the secret services, and by god, I take my hat of to them.

My cousin is a soldier and he's doing it for his countr. He is financially secure, he is not doing it so he can selfishly murder people, he's doing it because he believes it is for the greater good.
Voting age should be 21.
If you get pregnant while on jsa, you should not get more for having the child. You should not have children while on jsa.
This thread is really asking for the negs :lol:
Original post by slacker07906
I think those who study medicine need to get a life.

As long as you never go to the hospital for any kind of treatment, even if you are bleeding to death, then that's fine!
I think we should stop the badger cull.
Reply 105
Globally a one child policy should be implemented (With consequences if not abided) for multiple tens or hundred years to over time bring world population back down. As it stands today, the world is far over populated and will only continue to be otherwise.
Original post by bertstare
As long as you never go to the hospital for any kind of treatment, even if you are bleeding to death, then that's fine!

I respect them and think they are incredibly intelligent people. I'm just saying that maybe they should live a little.
My cousin is a soldier and he's doing it for his countr. He is financially secure, he is not doing it so he can selfishly murder people, he's doing it because he believes it is for the greater good.

For what greater good?!

I'm not saying soldiers want to murder people, and that is why they join up, I'm sure they do have some form of honourable intention initially, but what they are doing is murder. Perhaps they just don't understand.
Original post by danielnkwocha
This thread is really asking for the negs :lol:

I personally love negs.
English is extremely overrated - by which I mean the comparing poetry and rubbish like that, not the basic ability to read and write. I should still be a subject, but I don't think it should be regarded as highly or as useful as maths, sciences, foreign languages etc...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by Tufto
I detest rap music. I hate nightclubs. Social interaction is somewhat tedious. Poetry is an infinitely better pursuit than any sporting event. I am religious. I think winter is a better season than summer. Death is something to be afraid of. Universities should not offer courses in management and business (though I have nothing against those courses in principal). The arts are a more important pursuit than the sciences. I prefer Moffat to RTD (except for the second half of Series 7, I don't know what he's doing at the moment). Istanbul is the best city in the world. Art is only art where these is some form of skilled craft involved to support the idea behind a piece. The House of Lords should not be elected. There is nothing wrong with Islam.

Mate, posting that on TSR is brave.
Original post by Der_Linguist
For what greater good?!

I'm not saying soldiers want to murder people, and that is why they join up, I'm sure they do have some form of honourable intention initially, but what they are doing is murder. Perhaps they just don't understand.

We just have different opinions. Our British soldiers are heroes in my opinion.
Reply 112
I always like this quote when it comes to patriotism.
“Patriotism is the belief your country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.” George Bernard Shaw
Original post by Tufto
The House of Lords should not be elected.

Hear, hear.

The Catcher in the Rye is vastly overrated.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by playingcards
TSR members with red gems should be left on a desert island together for one full year.

We wonderful positive-repped people will watch on with amusement as your antisocial opinions and trollish behaviour overspills into a Lord of the Flies scenario with fights, backstabbing, and overwhelming bitchiness. Howdya like people now?

Survivors will be given a fresh start on TSR, plus bionic replacements for any limbs lost in the bloodshed.

Battle royale?
We just have different opinions. Our British soldiers are heroes in my opinion.

Very well, good sir. I bid you farewell.
Original post by bluester
English is extremely overrated - by which I mean the comparing poetry and rubbish like that, not the basic ablility to read and write. I should still be a subject, but I don't think it should be regarded as highly or as useful as maths, sciences, forign languages etc...

Weeellll...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 117
I'm against the death penalty, I think instead they should be given an awful prison experience. Over crowdedness, dirty water and little food, no medical care etc.

The world was better when women had less equality and started dressing like absolute sluts with bum cheeks hanging out of their shorts and boobs showing off to the world.

Women only want the positives of equality and not the negatives. If you believe we are equal then you believe any situation in which a man would hit another man a man could hit a woman.

Most people are racist, people just hide it better.
Reply 118
Legalisation of marijuana.
Reply 119
Original post by officelinebacker
There should be a system of Government controlled breeding licenses in place.

Before anybody could be grated a license to breed they would need to undergo a series of tests and evaluations to make sure that they will make a good parent, and anybody who fails the tests is to be sterilised. The license will also include testing for the presence of any genetic problems that could potentially be passed on, detection of which will result in sterilisation also.

Anybody found to have conceived without a breeding license will have their pregnancy terminated if they are within the first 5 months of the pregnancy, and if they are beyond that point then their child will be placed in the adoption system immediately after its birth.

The UK should have conscription. All individuals, male and female, must serve a minimum of three years in the armed forces upon finishing their education. Failure to perform to an acceptable standard throughout your time in the armed forces will result in a prison sentence for the duration of your period of national service.

Nazism like?

Quick Reply

Latest