The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faye__1996
Like people have said .... There was hardly any ACTUAL human biology! :confused:

I agree !!!! oh my goodness, starting to panic again ....
I said Demography...
Original post by LovePeaceChocolate
I said Demography...

It is demography
Original post by xhannahdoherty
It is demography

Do you know the answer to the one about the % of Y chromosomes in the Sperm mother cell and the Mature Sperm Cell?
Do you know the answer to the one about the % of Y chromosomes in the Sperm mother cell and the Mature Sperm Cell?

I got 100% for mother sperm cell and 50% for sperm cells and dammit :/ ah well that's 1 mark down the drain :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by itsGrand131415
I got 100% for mother sperm cell and 50% for sperm cells and dammit :/ ah well that's 1 mark down the drain :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

That's what I got, My biology teacher said it was a weridly worded question and she wasn't sure if that would be accepted but I'm sure it's right (hopefully) what about the question on antibodies, why the concentration decreased when the mass was the same?
That's what I got, My biology teacher said it was a weridly worded question and she wasn't sure if that would be accepted but I'm sure it's right (hopefully) what about the question on antibodies, why the concentration decreased when the mass was the same?

I really did not have any clue on what the answer was for why the mass decreased :/ what did you write ??
Original post by itsGrand131415
I really did not have any clue on what the answer was for why the mass decreased :/ what did you write ??

I said that the woman produced increased milk on the 3rd day so the concentration of antibodies decreased. I hope I'm right... There was too much unit 3 I think, it wasn't a fair split. How do you think you've done?
What about that multiple choice question about Nicotine crossing the placenta and how many weeks it affected the ferus or something. I put 9 weeks, but i litteraly guessed because non of my calculations were one of the choices, haha.
Original post by scotland_1
What about that multiple choice question about Nicotine crossing the placenta and how many weeks it affected the ferus or something. I put 9 weeks, but i litteraly guessed because non of my calculations were one of the choices, haha.

Yeah, I'm sure I had nine. A question like that was our first prelim a lot of the questions have came up in previous papers, just worded differently. My biology teacher noticed that too a lot had came up before.
Yeah, I'm sure I had nine. A question like that was our first prelim a lot of the questions have came up in previous papers, just worded differently. My biology teacher noticed that too a lot had came up before.

Ah ok!

And the graph question, did anbody else do phosphate up one sode and nitrate the other then shaded the phosphate bars in and put a key? no idea why i did that, hmmmm
Ah ok!

And the graph question, did anbody else do phosphate up one sode and nitrate the other then shaded the phosphate bars in and put a key? no idea why i did that, hmmmm

Kinda... I put the numbers up the side, River A, B and C across the bottom the drew two bars, coloured one in and put a key at the side.

What did everyone write for the question about practicing guitar chords?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 252
Ah ok!

I didnt even do the graph LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 253
Same
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by shannanclark_
I'm so glad you've said about your first essay because that's exactly what I wrote! did you say anything about rbcs?
and the baby has a larger sa:vol ratio so loses heat more quickly and the elderly persons temperature regulating mechanisms are not very effective, sound about right?

do you think if I wrote about the hypothalmus and the mylen sheath being damaged or not as good as it was before for the gran will get any marks. I also wrote for the baby that he hadn't gone through mylenation and that he couldnt do things for himself, like put on a jumper :smile:
Original post by beccaboo97
do you think if I wrote about the hypothalmus and the mylen sheath being damaged or not as good as it was before for the gran will get any marks. I also wrote for the baby that he hadn't gone through mylenation and that he couldnt do things for himself, like put on a jumper :smile:

I think you might get that Gran one! i said something about her thermo receptors being less efficient :frown: And the baby one did it not say biological reasons? or was that the gran?
Original post by beccaboo97

I don't know if that's right for the elderly woman but if you said the baby couldn't do any voluntary actions?
Reply 257
Seeing as nobody else has posted multiple choice answers this is what I got (I wrote them down on rough working paper) but I honestly have no idea if it is at all reliable...
How does this compare with other people's answers? :smile:
1A
2B
3D
4D
5B
6A
7A
8B
9C
10D
11C
12C
13A
14B
15B
16D
17A
18B
19C
20A
21B
22A
23B
24D
25D
26C
27D
28C
29B
30A
Original post by studentm
Seeing as nobody else has posted multiple choice answers this is what I got (I wrote them down on rough working paper) but I honestly have no idea if it is at all reliable...
How does this compare with other people's answers? :smile:
1A
2B
3D
4D
5B
6A
7A
8B
9C
10D
11C
12C
13A
14B
15B
16D
17A
18B
19C
20A
21B
22A
23B
24D
25D
26C
27D
28C
29B
30A

I don't know my exact answers, I definitely have the same for the first 5 but from 16 on I remeber having a lot more D's

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said that the woman produced increased milk on the 3rd day so the concentration of antibodies decreased. I hope I'm right... There was too much unit 3 I think, it wasn't a fair split. How do you think you've done?

To be really honest, I can't remember my answers but it is some where along those lines. Also I agree with you strongly. I felt there wasn't enough HUMAN Biology questions- if you know what I mean :s-smilie:. Which sucked !!:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending