The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kings0
I jest, my friend. Hence the amusing gif, which i feel befits this thread rather well

Oh here's another one people who refer to smilies as gifs should be hung drawn and quartered.
Reply 141
Original post by Birkenhead
I thought this was a place to post unpopular opinions !

Haha! It should be a popular opinion!

I get a lot of stick for this view at school though...
Reply 142
looks like my opinions are unpopular indeed
Reply 143
Everyone should HAVE to study some form of ethics/philosophy. How are you supposed to live your life properly if you haven't thought about everything? I'm not saying science has no worth but it should be second to philosophy.

Some crappy Religious Studies GCSE does not constitute learning about ethical systems as there is more to ethics than religion. (Which, btw, is false any who.)
Original post by Tufto
I detest rap music. I hate nightclubs. Social interaction is somewhat tedious. Poetry is an infinitely better pursuit than any sporting event. I am religious. I think winter is a better season than summer. Death is something to be afraid of. Universities should not offer courses in management and business (though I have nothing against those courses in principal). The arts are a more important pursuit than the sciences. I prefer Moffat to RTD (except for the second half of Series 7, I don't know what he's doing at the moment). Istanbul is the best city in the world. Art is only art where these is some form of skilled craft involved to support the idea behind a piece. The House of Lords should not be elected. There is nothing wrong with Islam.

I find it really interesting how you said you hate rap but love poetry, rap music has really come into its own helping me with studying poetry, to me the two are near enough the same thing.
Since when was a fearing death against the norm
Reply 145
I hate this forum because I've browsed the political section too much.
I hate 'lad' culture and everyone in it
University should become more exclusive
Racism and other preconceptions should become artifical so jokes regarding differences can indeed be humourous with no underlining intend
Materialism should no longer be our religion
Adequate grammar should be embedded within our children so much so that the correct usage of 'you're' and other contractions becomes the norm and isn't used as bragging rights
Jail is slavery and prision is for profit
If you're left-wing you're not right
Marketisation needs to be entirely abolished
I hate adverts on TV
We all claim to be different, yet we're all the same. If we had power we'd abuse it
We're all hypocrites and whilst we know this to be true, we will do nothing about it - myself included
Football is definitely more than a game - though I'm not sure this is such a good thing
I like rap music, but not what's played on the radio or the kids who believe they speak 'real talk'
I hate the phrase 'real talk'
I agree with the concept of religion, but not one defining God
I claim to be morally and socially superior to many others though deep down I know I'm just as much as a **** as the next person
Once we learn to control our egos, the world will become a much better place
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Progra
Globally a one child policy should be implemented (With consequences if not abided) for multiple tens or hundred years to over time bring world population back down. As it stands today, the world is far over populated and will only continue to be otherwise.

I read this article highlighting the problems of this policy in China, and how babies bodies found all street were normal. I agree population drastically needs to be managed, but this is not the answer.
Original post by playingcards
It needs to revert back to being REALLY elite.

Oxford and Cambridge can stay. The rest can go.

so 0.01% of the teenage population would then be educated / be able to get a degree....yeah, that really makes sense.
Original post by Forget that
I read this article highlighting the problems of this policy in China, and how babies bodies found all street were normal. I agree population drastically needs to be managed, but this is not the answer.

completely completely agree with you :smile: the population problem is getting out of hand but the negative implications of this method would far outweigh any of the benefits. it also goes against one of our human rights; freedom.
Original post by R3cognize

I claim to be morally and socially superior to many others

Original post by R3cognize
Once we learn to control our egos, the world will become a much better place

I'm sensing a contradiction somewhere in this...
DENCH
Original post by Birkenhead
I'm sensing a contradiction somewhere in this...

'We're all hypocrites and whilst we know this to be true, we will do nothing about it - myself included'

Besides, did you not read the second part of the first sentence you quoted?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 153
Democracy is a failure. Why?
-Majority of electorates vote not knowing what they're voting for, at least that's the case in Turkey.
-Majority of electorates don't give two craps about politics and therefore ignorant when it comes to it.
-The system works as a flock electing their shepard instead of informed people knowingly making a choice.
Original post by Peachz
Everyone should HAVE to study some form of ethics/philosophy. How are you supposed to live your life properly if you haven't thought about everything? I'm not saying science has no worth but it should be second to philosophy.

Some crappy Religious Studies GCSE does not constitute learning about ethical systems as there is more to ethics than religion. (Which, btw, is false any who.)

Words cannot describe how much I want to punch you in the face right now.
Original post by Peachz

Philosophy/ethics is dead
Students that disrupt or misbehave should be kicked out of class/ put together to learn - people continue to disrupt since they have no interest in their GCSE's or A Levels.
I hate how people label each other or feel they should be "part of a group" because they are the same religion or nationality; and the same people are the ones who "hate racism"
I feel most "issues" should be ranked... some people spend so much time, money and effort trying to protest against gays when instead it could be used to raise money and awareness for people starving, without shelters and water all over the world...gay and starving.jpg
I personally enjoy a wide rage of music, films, books, sports etc. - I can't understand why people part of a clan or tribe and have to attack people from the other groups... I listen to Rap, Classical, Pop and Dub step does that give me a reason to attack people who listen to country?

This thread will attract a lot of trolls, I don't understand the thrill of posting something controversial (something they know is offensive) just for angry responses and negs?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 157
Psychology isn't a science, although it can be useful :biggrin: I get into fights with my dad about this.. He's a psychologist ^.^
Neurology may be able to find answers to 'the big questions', and most people who dispute this are just scared.
Reply 158
Original post by officelinebacker
Words cannot describe how much I want to punch you in the face right now.

You're probably gonna have to expand this a little..?

Original post by Elm Tree
Philosophy/ethics is dead

It might be but that doesn't mean it doesn't hold merit. What's point in splitting the atom without knowing what it means to do so? Science tells you how/why something works but doesn't tell you the meaning behind it.
Reply 159
The only things that matter in life besides good health are looks and money. And intelligence, as only intelligent/talented people have a relastic chance of making a fortune.

The average working class person has a lower IQ then the average upper or middle class person.

Islam is a violent ideology that may end up destroying the world.

Romantic love is far less resaesliant and powerful then most people assume.

People who cant have biological children have a huge whole in their life, and adoption is at best a poor substitute.

Quick Reply

Latest