The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by masryboy94
cummon lads ! stop chatting and do some papers :wink::tongue: (i'm doing S1 paper atm)

Yeah I'm going to do abit of Chemistry now then finish off the C4 exam that was set in my lesson today, only have 1 question left with 30 minutes remaining so shouldn't take me too long really. On the weekend I'll bash out 3-4 C3 solomons I think to get back into the mindset really :smile:
Original post by Better
Yeah I get what your saying.

I salute you.
:france:

On a daily!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone please help with question c? I've attempted 3 times and can't solve it and the answer book doesn't provide an explanation :/ Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cookielama
Could someone please help with question c? I've attempted 3 times and can't solve it and the answer book doesn't provide an explanation :/ Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Start off on the RHS.

Write cotθ\cot \theta as 1tanθ\dfrac{1}{\tan \theta} and see if you can go on. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try and write it all in terms of sins and cos's? Then you should get them both over the same fraction so when you divide a fraction by another one you'll flip the second one over and multiply them together, does this help? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1225

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write all the tanx, cotx, cosecx and secx values in sinx and cosx form. Then multiply the top and bottom of the fraction by sinxcosx and that should give you the answer.
(edited 10 years ago)
hows revision going for everyone? I personally seem to have slowed down with maths this week :/
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah I'm going to do abit of Chemistry now then finish off the C4 exam that was set in my lesson today, only have 1 question left with 30 minutes remaining so shouldn't take me too long really. On the weekend I'll bash out 3-4 C3 solomons I think to get back into the mindset really :smile:

hey!been a while, hows it going? just wondering if you've done the chem mock (providing you do OCR?) you did mention what board you do, but I've forgotten :frown:
Original post by MedMed12
hey!been a while, hows it going? just wondering if you've done the chem mock (providing you do OCR?) you did mention what board you do, but I've forgotten :frown:

Not too bad really I did my unit 1 Chemistry mock today and I will be doing the unit 5 mock on Monday so will use this weekend very wisely to ensure I don't screw up in it! Yeah I do the OCR board and I also think I'll do some C3, C4, FP2, M2 and some more Chemistry on the weekend to get into the swing of things :smile:

How is it all going with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not too bad really I did my unit 1 Chemistry mock today and I will be doing the unit 5 mock on Monday so will use this weekend very wisely to ensure I don't screw up in it! Yeah I do the OCR board and I also think I'll do some C3, C4, FP2, M2 and some more Chemistry on the weekend to get into the swing of things :smile:

How is it all going with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

good good, i'm sure you'll ace them all! its been good I guess thank you. Finished the maths spec ages so I feel I've been neglecting it the past week :/ Bio mock went good, afew marks off an A* and I'm like the retard of my class :P no joke! The chemistry mock literally was the hardest thing I've ever done D: it was the January paper for f325 so I know I've already failed that :/ going to get a big nagging from my teacher, because she keeps on going about how its a real exam paper and the jan one etc etc but the other past papers have been pretty ok and i've done well in those (80+) putting me well into the A boundary. :/ scary times!
good luck with the f325 :P
(edited 10 years ago)
good good, i'm sure you'll ace them all! its been good I guess thank you. Finished the maths spec ages so I feel I've been neglecting it the past week :/ Bio mock went good, afew marks off an A* and I'm like the retard of my class :P no joke! The chemistry mock literally was the hardest thing I've ever done D: it was the January paper for f325 so I know I've already failed that :/ going to get a big nagging from my teacher, because she keeps on going about how its a real exam paper and the jan one etc etc but the other past papers have been pretty ok and i've done well in those (80+) putting me well into the A boundary. :/ scary times!
good luck with the f325 :P

Well it's the Biology mock went well and yeah I've been neglecting Maths too quite lately which wasn't the best as I was doing Chemistry on the same day, actually 15 minutes before my M1 exam.

I need them to all go well if I'm going to get my grades! And darn, I was hoping doing well in the mock but now that all seems incredibly unlikely :-/ Just keep up what you're currently doing and you should be fine, I need like almost full marks in each though! :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
hows revision going for everyone? I personally seem to have slowed down with maths this week :/

haven't really touched c3 and c4 past 2-3 days, been revising S1 for the exam tomorrow ! after that though i will be at it again :biggrin:
haven't really touched c3 and c4 past 2-3 days, been revising S1 for the exam tomorrow ! after that though i will be at it again :biggrin:

Okay I have a list of questions! Probability is not my strongest suit, so if you could just explain a few of these to me!

Q1 - JUNE 2004 - I don't understand how they get 21/36

Q2 - June 2006 - I couldn't do this in the review exercise either

Q7 from part b onwards - I would be able to do this if you could just help me understand the situation a bit

Q3b - JUNE 2005 - I keep getting 0.825 as opposed to 0.735

Thanks man :smile: I'm sure I'll have more questions to come, I've got like 9 papers still left to do haha.

EDIT: I GOT Q1 woooo, it was so easy, I just wasn't paying attention to the wording!
(edited 10 years ago)

ahh good luck! you'll be ok hopefully with S1 :smile:
Well it's the Biology mock went well and yeah I've been neglecting Maths too quite lately which wasn't the best as I was doing Chemistry on the same day, actually 15 minutes before my M1 exam.

I need them to all go well if I'm going to get my grades! And darn, I was hoping doing well in the mock but now that all seems incredibly unlikely :-/ Just keep up what you're currently doing and you should be fine, I need like almost full marks in each though! :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you dropped biology? ohh how was M1? my friends sat it and said they found it really hard esp the 14 marker and then another question apparently involved two sets of information and using them both to find the unknowns :/
me too, but dw hopefully its a kick to work harder although its not encouraging and you've been warned! :redface: hopefully :smile:
woahhh why full ums in each? I worked out to getr into my firm I need As in all my june exams,but to get into my insurance I need Us (in maths I need 1 ums only lol).
good luck with any upcoming exams, im sure you'll ace them!!
After today I remember why I had been avoiding chemistry in favour of maths!
Original post by brittanna
After today I remember why I had been avoiding chemistry in favour of maths!

:P i've neglected both this week for the one and only biology.
:P i've neglected both this week for the one and only biology.

I dropped it last year :tongue:. As interesting as variation in living organisms is, it just wasn't for me haha :biggrin:.
I thought you dropped biology? ohh how was M1? my friends sat it and said they found it really hard esp the 14 marker and then another question apparently involved two sets of information and using them both to find the unknowns :/
me too, but dw hopefully its a kick to work harder although its not encouraging and you've been warned! :redface: hopefully :smile:
woahhh why full ums in each? I worked out to getr into my firm I need As in all my june exams,but to get into my insurance I need Us (in maths I need 1 ums only lol).
good luck with any upcoming exams, im sure you'll ace them!!

Yeah I meant its good your mock went well and well I'm cautious about what I say as I don't want people disagreeing with me again after about 3 conversations on the same question but I found it relatively straightforward really, there were a few challenging questions but nothing that someone who have the questions some thought couldn't obtain. :smile:

I'm going to take you warning very seriously and recap everything over the weekend to make sure I don't screw up too much on Monday, thanks for the warning!

The reason why I need pretty high scores is because I'm trying to take my current C and change it into an A or even A* if possible, so yeah it's a heap of pressure and tonnes of work too!

It's nice for you to be in such a great position, mine isn't as pleasant but I do enjoy a challenge and thanks, I'm hoping I can achieve my target and get into Warwick for Maths! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brittanna
I dropped it last year :tongue:. As interesting as variation in living organisms is, it just wasn't for me haha :biggrin:.

haha A2 biology has been pretty hard and alot to cover, so good choice haha!

Yeah I meant its good your mock went well and well I'm cautious about what I say as I don't want people disagreeing with me again after about 3 conversations on the same question but I found it relatively straightforward really, there were a few challenging questions but nothing that someone who have the questions some thought couldn't obtain. :smile:

I'm going to take you warning very seriously and recap everything over the weekend to make sure I don't screw up too much on Monday, thanks for the warning!

The reason why I need pretty high scores is because I'm trying to take my current C and change it into an A or even A* if possible, so yeah it's a heap of pressure and tonnes of work too!

It's nice for you to be in such a great position, mine isn't as pleasant but I do enjoy a challenge and thanks, I'm hoping I can achieve my target and get into Warwick for Maths! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, aha no problem! you'll be OK! Its a mock so I wouldn't stress too much, just try your best but do revise for it!
Ahh good good! I see what you mean well hopefully AS resits should be a piece of cake for you.
oh its not at all, my backup isn't what I want to do, nor the Uni I like so I have tonnes of pressure for those As still :tongue: just annoying how there is such a big difference between the two :/
I'm sure you can do it if you keep up the hard work!
Nice, atleast 5-6 I know are off to Warwick for Maths :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending