The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
dont' feel safe anywhere now :cry:

today has just showed me everything peopled said all along was rightf. i don;t know what to do. can;t deal with feeling like this anymore
Once I finished stalking the OCD thread, I jumped over here to check you guys out. Reading over the posts, you all seem like really kind and supportive people. I feel better about what I've been going through simply by reading your posts on this (and previous) threads. Best I've felt all month - thanks guys x
Original post by Sarah'
dont' feel safe anywhere now :cry:

today has just showed me everything peopled said all along was rightf. i don;t know what to do. can;t deal with feeling like this anymore

:hug: That feeling of pervasive, permeating vulnerability is awful. I dread it. For me, it usually passes with changing situations, so I don't know what to say, other than that I'm here if I can do anything at all.
Reply 663
I slept way too much. But I'm going to see my nan tomorrow at the hospital.
Original post by lethean girl
Lovely, lovely! It's nice and bright here, too - a pity I'm stuck inside. I'll be out for most of the day on Sunday, though. :smile:

May I ask, are you expected to eat when you're out? I'm expected to have a 100-calorie "afternoon snack", leaving after lunch and getting back before dinner, but I usually just drink a cappuccino - Starbucks's and Costa's add up to the right amount, and make me feel less guilty, dirty, and degraded than most eating.

Thanks :smile: Haha I spoke to soon and it started raining for a bit.. but then it became sunny again :smile: I was allowed from 9 to 9 so I'm going back in a few hours :smile:

Original post by avhhs

Same, nice weather outside :biggrin: hope you have a great day :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mouse Potato
Enjoy your day!! :smile:

Thanks guys :h:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a pretty awesome day today :yep: Parents came to pick me up at 9, then went into town for a bit cause I needed to get a few things. I got a wee dongle thingy, so now I have proper internet at the hospital and can now use my laptop, instead of using my phone :woo:! Then went down to the beach (I have a thing for beaches :redface: I looooove them!) and had lunch there... I ate a bit of the lunch, and my parents were saying how proud there were of me for eating... It's been so long since I've seen them this happy before, and I hate breaking their hearts I really do :/. It was nice though I loved it! No arguing, or fighting just peace. Then went down to the beach and I just sat there staring out into the sea.. it was so calming and peaceful one of the reasons why I love going there. I just sat and thought about stuff.

And now I'm back home for a few hours... finally I can use my laptop! :biggrin: Absolutely shattered though, kept getting so dizzy and breathless.. but hey ho I enjoyed today :h: It's been a while since I've enjoyed a day out with my parents like this!

Hope everyone else is alright! :hugs:
Reply 665
Original post by -FireFlies-

Had a pretty awesome day today :yep: Parents came to pick me up at 9, then went into town for a bit cause I needed to get a few things. I got a wee dongle thingy, so now I have proper internet at the hospital and can now use my laptop, instead of using my phone :woo:! Then went down to the beach (I have a thing for beaches :redface: I looooove them!) and had lunch there... I ate a bit of the lunch, and my parents were saying how proud there were of me for eating... It's been so long since I've seen them this happy before, and I hate breaking their hearts I really do :/. It was nice though I loved it! No arguing, or fighting just peace. Then went down to the beach and I just sat there staring out into the sea.. it was so calming and peaceful one of the reasons why I love going there. I just sat and thought about stuff.

And now I'm back home for a few hours... finally I can use my laptop! :biggrin: Absolutely shattered though, kept getting so dizzy and breathless.. but hey ho I enjoyed today :h: It's been a while since I've enjoyed a day out with my parents like this!

Hope everyone else is alright! :hugs:

This all sounds really positive, well done!
Reply 666
Ah, thank you. (・ω・) I've been in eight months. Have you ever been in?

Sorry for such a late reply, I really haven't been feeling too well :frown: I'm so sorry to hear that, that's an awful long time and it can't be easy :console: I've never been in thankfully, can't imagine how hard it must be, I don't think I could do it. Are things getting any easier for you, do you feel yourself getting better? (If you don't mind me asking, that is, no pressure if you don't want to answer) :jumphug:
Reply 667
Original post by Anonymous
Awww :console: people can really suck sometimes. I don't really know what to say tbh, but I know how that feels :frown: but that can't be generalized anyway, right? I mean, there are those people in your life that do care about you so much, even if they fail to show it!

Especially when you get overlooked! I'm trying my best to be the best I can be and be happy, but people just like to sap that happiness away from me. It's hard trying to keep any sort of confidence going when you feel frequently ignored be it on TSR or in real life. I'm sorry to hear that you've felt this too, but we'll both get through it one day :smile: I spent an hour and a half today by myself in complete silence and although it was bliss, it did hit a chord on just how lonely I feel. Perhaps, sometimes I wish they could show it :tongue:

Thank you though anony 4 :hugs: I'm always here if you need.

It's something i've become used to now but is still mentally painful.
Original post by IDukem

Went down to the beach today.. and it so just reminded me of our convo's about it :tongue: Wish someone was there with me, to just stroll down the beach, holding hands...haha :redface:

:lovehug:
Reply 669
Went down to the beach today.. and it so just reminded me of our convo's about it :tongue: Wish someone was there with me, to just stroll down the beach, holding hands...haha :redface:

I wish I was at a beach right now be it on my own or with someone :redface: Nice little romantic thign you got going there haha :tongue: You'll find someone at some stage! no question :h: I hope you had an ace day though! Judging by the fact it was on a beach i'd say it probably was :smile:

I'm so happy for you that your day went well! Have you plans for arranging another day pass?
Original post by IDukem
I wish I was at a beach right now be it on my own or with someone :redface: Nice little romantic thign you got going there haha :tongue: You'll find someone at some stage! no question :h: I hope you had an ace day though! Judging by the fact it was on a beach i'd say it probably was :smile:

Awww, well once your exams and college is over, just jump down to the beach :wink: Who knows maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams there :tongue:... haha I know right :wink: I saw a few couples today just strolling down.. and I'm like daymn I wish I had someone haha one can only dream eh :h:... yeah it was pretty good actually :smile: Had a quite a nice day for a change.

Hope your day was good too :smile:

I'm so happy for you that your day went well! Have you plans for arranging another day pass?

Original post by Delain
This all sounds really positive, well done!

Thanks guys :smile: - And I dunno yet.. I've yet to actually go back to the hospital :ninja:
Original post by Nut.
:wavey: Long time no see!

Far too long, you've managed to get through pretty much a whole thread since I was last around! How are things with you, uni going ok?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:yep: Maybe it's just me but even simple things like being allowed to sit my uni exams in isolation (in a room by myself, rather than with everyone else in the scary exam hall) made a huge difference to my ability to do my Finals :colondollar:

I can definitely see why that'd make you feel better. I did it, I talked to an exam access coordinator about it, she's going to see what she can do :smile:
Reply 674
Feeling awful in every way possible right now. Uhhhgbgfsvv. I just want to go to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 675
Awww, well once your exams and college is over, just jump down to the beach :wink: Who knows maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams there :tongue:... haha I know right :wink: I saw a few couples today just strolling down.. and I'm like daymn I wish I had someone haha one can only dream eh :h:... yeah it was pretty good actually :smile: Had a quite a nice day for a change.

Hope your day was good too :smile:

As I shall :tongue: Hahaa perhaps, the girl of my dreams generally does lie on the beach with a bikini on catching the rays :wink: I hate it when you see a loved up couple and you're like 'dayum...me wanty one too' haha, i'm fine being single though so it's not overly annoying :smile: WOOOOOOOO!!! That's gotten me happier :h:

It's been hit and miss but i'm feeling a bit better now :smile: I got the dentist tomorrow though! Not looking forward to that BUT then in the weekend I shall be doing retail therapy for the first time in ages and I shall get a CD and a t-shirt at least :biggrin:

Reply 676
Original post by 08batee
Feeling awful in every way possible right now. Uhhhgbgfsvv. I just want to go to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

We think you're awesome!! :h:
Reply 677
Original post by IDukem
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

We think you're awesome!! :h:

:cry2: I don't know about that, but thank you anyway :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
Sorry for such a late reply, I really haven't been feeling too well :frown: I'm so sorry to hear that, that's an awful long time and it can't be easy :console: I've never been in thankfully, can't imagine how hard it must be, I don't think I could do it. Are things getting any easier for you, do you feel yourself getting better? (If you don't mind me asking, that is, no pressure if you don't want to answer) :jumphug:

I don't think I'm getting better from the illness, but I think I'm getting better at pretending that I feel okay. I'm terrified that, once I get discharged, I'll [trigger warning so left unsaid] — but, at the same time, I think that I'll be able to manage my issues with food again, as I always have, and live functionally again.
Original post by IDukem
As I shall :tongue: Hahaa perhaps, the girl of my dreams generally does lie on the beach with a bikini on catching the rays :wink: I hate it when you see a loved up couple and you're like 'dayum...me wanty one too' haha, i'm fine being single though so it's not overly annoying :smile: WOOOOOOOO!!! That's gotten me happier :h:

It's been hit and miss but i'm feeling a bit better now :smile: I got the dentist tomorrow though! Not looking forward to that BUT then in the weekend I shall be doing retail therapy for the first time in ages and I shall get a CD and a t-shirt at least :biggrin:

Good good, tell me how it goes :wink: and if you met anyone there :tongue:. I know right! I was sitting there damn.. how I wish I had someone to just hold me and keep me safe and be all lovey dovey aaaaaaaaaand now I'll shut up :redface:. Haha I dunno tbh, sometimes I wish I really did have someone cause I get soooo lonely then other times I'm like "nah I'm better off on my own :yep:" haha. Hahaha, I'm absolutely shattered though now.. like I could fall asleep right here on my laptop :facepalm: haha

That's good to hear that your feeling a bit better :biggrin: You can get through this week :yep: Best of luck at the dentist :smile:. Nice one! Have fun, and just empty your bank balance :ninja: :tongue:

#TeamIBelieve :smile: :lovehug:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to get with the times (and now that I had the chance to aswell)... aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm now a proud new member of Skype :biggrin: Anyone got Skype? :ninja: I have no contacts :sad:

Latest