The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kings0
I can't tell if you're trolling me or not :jebus:

And onto another of my unpopular opinions - the use of insultive variations of jesus like cheesus and jebus should be stopped. A) the noise people make when saying cheesus and doing the e sound is bloody grating and b) what purpose does it serve. I especially dislike the use of the :jebus: smiley simply for having jebus in it.
Reply 181
Original post by scottstacey
Legalise drugs
Privatise the NHS
I can't stand people who aren't very good at maths
Lower taxes for the rich
Bring back death penalty
Abortion should only happen when the woman was raped or the woman could die
All Hereditary peers should be returned to House of Lords
Monarchy should have more power
Hate smoking ban and hate hunting ban
Bring back death penalty
I like Mitt Romney
Voting should be 21 and over and tied to owning property or land
I find homosexuality disgusting and immoral

It's so nice he called it twice
Original post by AeneasBK
The world would be a safer place if Hitler had won WWII

Really how? I would have been killed straight away
Reply 183
Original post by Forget that
:rofl: what else do you want to do bring back the tsar?
Please, explain the benefits of this, i am intrigued

He sounds like he might be a viscount or some other minor nobility, who can begrudge him for wanting to quash them serfs?
Reply 184
Original post by The Mad Dog
And onto another of my unpopular opinions - the use of insultive variations of jesus like cheesus and jebus should be stopped. A) the noise people make when saying cheesus and doing the e sound is bloody grating and b) what purpose does it serve. I especially dislike the use of the :jebus: smiley simply for having jebus in it.

:2euk48l: Better, or worse?
Bring back the ku klux klan
Bring back guns
Bring back the death penalty
Legalise racism
Legalise a purge day
Women shouldnt be allowed to drive
Murder Justin bieber
Original post by AeneasBK
Clearly they are mentally deficient, and ruled by their hormones and emotions and voting should be for the rational half of humanity.
Oh I went there.

Wow, I'm laughing at how pathetic you are. CLEARLY, you're the mentally deficient one seeing as you have such irrational thoughts.
Reply 187
Original post by study beats
Bring back the ku klux klan
Bring back guns
Bring back the death penalty
Legalise racism
Legalise a purge day
Women shouldnt be allowed to drive
Murder Justin bieber

Brilliant :rofl: I think Nick Griffin's pushing a Bill that does something like that
Reply 188
Original post by Robbie242
I thought philosophy was supposed to make you more open minded?, how can you make such a naive statement about science when leading universities such as Cambridge and Oxford are using it to find out more about the human body and cure life threatening illnesses, likewise the maths and other areas of science are used to explain and connect various things we see everyday. Philosophy is just speculation and critical analysis, it has brought around significant opinionated discussion but has it really introduced new understanding about the world we live in?

I'm not saying all science is pointless. Finding out about our world is obviously important but people who completely ignore philosophy are ridiculous too. Yes of course it has brought about new understanding, science comes from philosophy, afterall.

HOW you should live is just as important as what constitutes this world we live in.
Original post by Kings0

:2euk48l: Better, or worse?

And that brings me onto another of my unpopular opinions. Asking people the question better or worse? should be completely and utterly illegal. It completely forgets the option of neither better nor worse. The phrase better or worse should constantly be changed to better, worse or neither or any other variant which gives us the option of not worse or better but equal on the scale of better to worse.
Reply 190
Original post by Peachz
I'm not saying all science is pointless. Finding out about our world is obviously important but people who completely ignore philosophy are ridiculous too. Yes of course it has brought about new understanding, science comes from philosophy, afterall.

HOW you should live is just as important as what constitutes this world we live in.

Personally, I don't feel that. I'm of the opinion that if there is no God or any such thing, then there can be no HOW we should live or any morals written into the fabric of the universe. Though obviously, they're vitally important for actually being able to have any sort of proper society at all.
But hey, opinions are opinions. :smile:
Reply 191
And that brings me onto another of my unpopular opinions. Asking people the question better or worse? should be completely and utterly illegal. It completely forgets the option of neither better nor worse. The phrase better or worse should constantly be changed to better, worse or neither or any other variant which gives us the option of not worse or better but equal on the scale of better to worse.

I get asked 'better or worse?' every time I'm at Specsavers getting my eyes tested. Should probably get out the pitchforks and torches about now then
Nando's is overrated.
I don't see what's attractive about Cara Delevinge.
I can't stand feminists/feminazis
I hate it when people who aren't Psy/Psy's dancers do the Gangnam Style dance, I find it incredibly cringey.
People shouldn't go to University if they don't have some sort of idea of what they want to do after.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 193
Original post by chocolate buttons
Nando's is overrated.
I don't see what's attractive about Cara Delevinge
I can't stand feminists/feminazis
I hate it when people who aren't Psy/Psy's dancers do the Gangnam Style dance, I find it incredibly cringey.

Them eyebrows. Dang.
Reply 194
OP your a d**k. Oh sorry you said unpopular
facebook has become ugly and filled with vile media which really ought to be on other, unnamed sites.
i can't see how you can enjoy game of thrones.
i dislike all rap music, it's just too much for your ears.
i don't like branded clothing.
Original post by Kings0
I get asked 'better or worse?' every time I'm at Specsavers getting my eyes tested. Should probably get out the pitchforks and torches about now then

You just reminded me of another unpopular opinion I hold. Full stops are important in written communication as is grammatical correctness - neither of which are fully observed above. People forget how important full stops and grammar are on forums.
Reply 197
You just reminded me of another unpopular opinion I hold. Full stops are important in written communication as is grammatical correctness - neither of which are fully observed above. People forget how important full stops and grammar are on forums.

Urgh, it's boring once grammar becomes the weapon of choice.
:noonoo: How is there a smiley for this? Remarkable.
I think that men should have no say in any rules or laws concerning birth, abortion or anything that affects only a womans body. Similarly women should have no say in any similar issues affecting only a mans body.

The hunting ban should be scrapped

Football is crap (or at least high level football is)
Reply 199
Many people need to learn the difference between your and you're, and also between there, they're and their. That **** gets on my nerves so much.

Quick Reply

Latest