The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Cumbria uni Lancaster campus firms Sep 2013 start

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucyew
Hey! I thought I would start a thread for applicants who have firmed Cumbria uni Lancaster campus for sep 2013 start! Ive firmed Cumbria and I am studying Adult Nursing!:smile:

Hi! I have also confirmed Cumbria as my first choice for Primary Education with QTS. I've applied to Waddell and just trying to get a feel for things. What has everyone heard about the university? I keep hearing bad reviews but when I went on open days (twice) I love the place!
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
I've only read good reviews and one bad one... I think you can't base your opinion on others if you love the place from ehat you have seen then that's good enough I love it too from what I saw on my open day and can't wait to go :smile:
Original post by GemmaHolland16
Hi! I have also confirmed Cumbria as my first choice for Primary Education with QTS. I've applied to Waddell and just trying to get a feel for things. What has everyone heard about the university? I keep hearing bad reviews but when I went on open days (twice) I love the place!

I loved it too!
I put Cumbria down as my very last choice when I was applying, and never thought I would really end up going.
And then once I had my interview, I loved it and ended up choosing Cumbria over Hull :smile: I'm kicking myself thought because everywhere else I applied to, I applied for Primary Teaching and Cumbria was the only place I applied for Early Years! Would have been completely perfect doing Primary Teaching at Cumbria :smile:
Reply 23
Congrats on getting your offers!! Ah this is a nightmare I've applied for mill hall! Going to be on my own haha!! I put it down as my last choice to Jessica I really wanted to go to sheffield but then decided it was to far away! My sister went to Cumbria so I knew it was really nice! And then when i went to the open day I loved it! I don't see what all the bad reviews are about we will all come out with the same degree as everyone else so I'm really excited about going!x
Reply 24
I've just had an email off Cumbria accepting my place at mill hall!!
I just checked and I'm still waiting :/
Reply 26
I have an email about an orientation day too! It's on the 20th of June!
Reply 27
Me too I shall see you there :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyew
Congrats on getting your offers!! Ah this is a nightmare I've applied for mill hall! Going to be on my own haha!! I put it down as my last choice to Jessica I really wanted to go to sheffield but then decided it was to far away! My sister went to Cumbria so I knew it was really nice! And then when i went to the open day I loved it! I don't see what all the bad reviews are about we will all come out with the same degree as everyone else so I'm really excited about going!x

I know! I really wanted to go to St. John's in York, but after going to my interview at Cumbria, loved it so much more! :smile:
Aww that's great about your accommodation! Was Mill Hall your first option? You will have to let us know how the orientation day goes too! :smile:
Me neither Nathan! We will soon though! haa x
Reply 29
Original post by Shellybuz
Me too I shall see you there :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile

See you there!!x
Reply 30
Original post by JessicaByers
I know! I really wanted to go to St. John's in York, but after going to my interview at Cumbria, loved it so much more! :smile:
Aww that's great about your accommodation! Was Mill Hall your first option? You will have to let us know how the orientation day goes too! :smile:
Me neither Nathan! We will soon though! haa x

Yea mill hall was my first choice because my sister stayed there and the rooms and kitchen areas are a bit bigger! But I'm sure everyone will meet each other on freshers which I can't wait for haha! Yep ill let you know how it goes! Scary to think when Im at the orientation day my exams will be over and ill just be waiting to see whether I've got in! So scared!! Are you doing your a levels now!?x
Orientation day for Primary Education is the 5th July for anyone wondering :smile: don't worry I haven't had a letter I rang up and asked. Does anyone know what date term starts in September? I'm eager to know when we can move in and get everything started :smile:
Reply 32
Orientation day for Primary Education is the 5th July for anyone wondering :smile: don't worry I haven't had a letter I rang up and asked. Does anyone know what date term starts in September? I'm eager to know when we can move in and get everything started :smile:

On the accommodation contract it said we move in on the 15th of September which is a Sunday!x
Original post by lucyew
On the accommodation contract it said we move in on the 15th of September which is a Sunday!x

Yeah we do move in then but we have to go in for an orientation day to check ID and stuff :smile:
What A-Levels/BTEC is everyone studying? I'm doing French, Geography and English Combined and my first exam is on Tuesday, I'm dreading it!
Reply 35
What A-Levels/BTEC is everyone studying? I'm doing French, Geography and English Combined and my first exam is on Tuesday, I'm dreading it!

I did a medical science BTEC and have a D* in it as I finished it a couple of months a go and I do psychology and media studies! My first exams next Wednesday too! I'm so so scared about not getting the grades!x
I know! I can't wait for freshers!
Oh god I know! I do a BTEC National Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development, and we've just finished all our teaching like last week! and I've got like a couple of assignments to finish then I'm done! SO weird, don't know what I'll do with all the free time!
My course start date says 1st September on UCAS? Hahah I'll just be homeless for two weeks!
Awww I'm sure you'll both be fine with exams! We've all got this far, so we're more than capable! :smile: Good luck with them all! x
Original post by JessicaByers
I know! I can't wait for freshers!
Oh god I know! I do a BTEC National Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development, and we've just finished all our teaching like last week! and I've got like a couple of assignments to finish then I'm done! SO weird, don't know what I'll do with all the free time!
My course start date says 1st September on UCAS? Hahah I'll just be homeless for two weeks!
Awww I'm sure you'll both be fine with exams! We've all got this far, so we're more than capable! :smile: Good luck with them all! x

My start date says 1st September too! But last year term didn't start until the 17th so I think we will be okay. I finish my exams on 14th June. I really can't wait. Good luck to anyone is sitting exams!
I've firm accepted a Primary Education with QTS, and been offered Mill Hall accommodation which was my first choice! Just had my first exam this afternoon (English Lit), don't think it went too badly!
Reply 39
Hi I have an interview on Wednesday for Mental Health Nursing and was wondering if anybody can provide me with some tips and how the process goes on the day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending